crazymikey : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
    I feel like....the prize for AOM winners should be a CB7tuner AOM/AOTY decal.

While the exterior and interior are pretty much how I want them for now, this gives me time to focus more on the mechanicals and underpinnings of the car.

Now I can kind of catch up on some maintenance, like new UCAs, camber kit, new windshield, brake pads, rear disc swap, exhaust repair etc.
    Grats on the win. You put in the work for a planned out and tasteful build and did it very well.

Dude if you are going to do everything to make it 110% reliable I hope it makes you want to keep the car a good while. Just my 2 cents but reliability in at least one ride is always valuable itself. There is something to be said about doing quick builds and then moving on to another, but there is also something to be said about having a car you built that you put stories into as well.

As for the rear breaks, look into what I did. Not including time to pull it, I got a complete upgraded rear sway, bigger disk brakes, not to mention just a newer whole mechanical rear end in about four hours by bolting up a 99acura cl 2.3 coupe rear end. The arms are a hair wider giving a wider stance, and the while rear end drives better.
    My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Congratulations on a well deserved honor! Reading your MRT is always interesting. I still miss the wagon but love the coupe.

Comment

Ended up doing a 9293 sedan trunk swap tonight, with OEM spoiler.

Yeah...looks like it was meant to be that way. Dark out now, so pics tomorrow.

I was getting tired of the VW flushmount, since it was warped.

Comment

SWEEEEEEET! Did you get that one thing I sent you yet?

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Not yet. Probably early in the week.

Comment

DAMMIT! They need to ship faster! FOR CHEAPERRR!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Takes 3-7 days for stuff to arrive internationally. I'm sure I'll get it by Wednesday.

Comment

I hope so! Next week I should get my package.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

9293 sedan trunk with OEM spoiler. Ohmygawd how sexy it looks now.

Nice profile from the side with the stock wing

Random pics

Filthy interior.

Comment

all i have to say is Daymmm , but now i want my coupe back

Comment

fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! Any red clears planned?

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Nah, that'll throw off the whole amber signals theme and won't match the front end.

Stupidly yesterday while installing the trunk, I didn't swap my lock over. I went to pop the trunk this morning and nothing happened. I couldn't get into the trunk, and my key doesn't work to fold the seats down.

I had to pull out the back seats, unbolt the rear seatback from the bottom, lift it up, crawl under and release the latch from inside the trunk to get the rear seatback removed lol.

Then I had to crawl into the trunk and pop the latch by hand.

Once the trunk was open, reassembled the seats, wired up the spoiler LED, swapped over the trunk lock and everything functions properly now.

On another note, in those pics you can really see the rake the car sits with right now. I don't like it, but I'm going to run with it for the next few weeks, as very soon it will be time to raise it up for the winter, and take my lip off.

Comment

That ass is looking pretty good mikey.

Comment

Thanks.

Funny thing is, the trunk and spoiler were white when I got them yesterday, but someone had done an awful repaint on the car I got them from. The trunk was a dull white with lots of crap in the paint and felt like 120 grit sandpaper.

I had a small budget to paint the trunk with, and I bought some Duplicolor Colour Match Frost White. Strange...didn't match that great after doing a whole coat with it. I went back to the store and got some Duplicolor Gloss White enamel. Sprayed the trunk with that over the frost white, and from the pics, you can see what a pretty good match that is. I haven't painted the spoiler yet, I just polished it with some rubbing compound to bring it back to life a little bit since I ran out of paint.

Comment

I see what you mean. New trunk emblems in mind?

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Working...
                                X