No announcement yet.

crazymikey : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are definitely getting it done. Good job man. You got a good thing that I hope to have as well. Get a nice pickup to daily and keep the car for fun. That way you're never bored.

Very inspiring.

Comment

Unfortunately the Camaro isn't mine, but I have lots of hours into it. We hope to have it fully finished by August-September.

Within a few weeks I'll have possession of the H. Hopefully by the end of July I'll have it and can start the build process.

I can do exhaust clips of the car with my phone, but the sound quality isn't that great. I'll see what I can do.

Comment

Every time I look at your car Im constantly impressed at its simply clean appearance and style.Keep it up!I like it.

Comment

Thank you. I really appreciate comments like that from members like yourself who have cars I consider to be classes above mine. It's cars like yours that motivate to build bigger, better and especially outside the box.

As I've stated before, my goal with this car is to highly modify the car, using mostly OEM mixed and matched pieces and basically build a one-off Accord Type R....Nothing new, but what I'm bringing to the table is to build it in such a way that it looks like you could have ordered it straight from the dealership, aside from a few small personal touches I've added.

Basically I want to make this car in it's form and function like a DC2 ITR, but in the CB chassis. Obviously the majority of my swap pieces are from a Prelude, but I have always found the Prelude to be a very uninspiring car. They've never impressed me, and the ones I see all give off a real douchebag vibe.

The CB coupe has such clean lines and a classic shape. It's understated and sophisticated in stock form. But with a few pieces you turn this mild mannered handsome car into a real classy elegant car. To me, CB's don't give off the douche factor other sporty cars like Preludes and Integras do.

Because you don't see many Accord coupes around, I always get asked about "your Prelude." The other day a guy at the gas station complemented my car and asked if it was a Prelude and I said "partially".
          Last edited by crazymikey; 07-02-2012, 01:13 AM.

Comment

As requested by Straight Success

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g1...20702-1647.mp4

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g1...20702-1654.mp4

Comment

keep up the good work, you'll be very happy with the h22. Though i have always hated the way the lude bucket seats are shaped.
              Last edited by laz93se; 07-02-2012, 09:01 PM.

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

After swap and it is near its "type-r" completion, respray in genuine championship white. That would be pretty sick IMO. I just love everything about the car though, keep it up Mike
                1991 Cappuccino Brown LX Coupe
                2013 Rallye Red Civic EX Coupe

Comment

Championship White is exactly what I've got up my sleeve for paint.

Comment

this is gonna be badass
                    1991 Cappuccino Brown LX Coupe
                    2013 Rallye Red Civic EX Coupe

Comment

I need to stop spending money on my truck haha.

Comment

I got the muffler mounted up better. In the videos you can see is straight, but way off to the left almost hitting the bumper. I remedied that with a slight bend in the pipe and then stuck the muffler out on about a 45 degree angle. I think the look suits it. Kinda fills up the hole, and looks pretty decent too.

It's quieter now too. I don't know if the bend has to do with it, or maybe my muffler cement and clamps are mounted better this time, but I am 110% happy with the outcome. From the axle back, it's fitted together with a 2.5" to 2" reducer and a slightly bent 2" piece of exhaust pipe. All slip fitted together, sealed and clamped. Because I'm poor and don't have a welder....and the whole job cost me $12, including the price of the muffler.

Comment

aww yeah. OEM As Fuck!

Comment

You're bumper is gonna burn dude.
                            My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

It's not even close to it. I'm not concerned. The pics make it look closer to the side than it really is.

Comment

I love the way it looks with the angle!

Can you get a pic from underneath so I can see how you modded it to get the angle.

^^^^^
                                Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Working...
                                X