crazymikey : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
    Thank you sir. You can't tell in any of the photos, but my hood is stone chipped real bad, as is my driver side mirror. With some touch up paint, I've cleaned it up significantly. From a few feet away you can't even notice.

I'm still planning to repaint my black DX bumper in Frost white, since the current one I have is all scratched up and has a crack in it and a chunk missing.
    Yes. Do that! Whil you are at it paint those moldings black. I was told a few times I should have left my moldings white but I personally lik the black moldings. Looks cleaner and more OEM.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

Love your Cb man , I am using my uncle 1990 LX right now since he
      bought a new car. It looks exactly like your when yours was stock
      but mine is rusty and not really clean lol. If he sells it i want to buy
      it and bring it back to life since it runs strong.

Comment

Haha nice! Looks rough though. Maroon interior?

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
          Haha nice! Looks rough though. Maroon interior?
          ya lol looks exact the same in the inside but mine is auto.

Comment

Rough is when you have sections cut out of the panels and need to finish the bodywork, the suspension in the front taken off, no engine nor exhaust. As long as it's drivable it's in better condition than most.

Oh as far as the clutch exedy is about 55X better than xtd a stock oem replacement such as exedy (Good products) should last awhile and hold more than a bolt on f22 will produce.

02 Crv
            02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
            92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
            Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Awesome. The Exedy was my original choice, but was swayed by the possible gains of the XTR.

Comment

So I can get an Exedy clutch for about $135 shipped, seems alright. Now it's just the labour that'll be a cuntfuck.

Anyways, I'll just update with a recent random pic from last weekend I snapped in the garage while having a beer watching my roommate sand the Camaro lol

Comment

I am surprised you are not going to do the clutch yourself.
                  Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
                  93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

I hate tranny work. Last time I tried to take a fuckin axle nut off I broke my breaker bar and fell on the floor. My impact gun is a piece of shit, and I don't feel like working on jack stands in a garage filled with sanding dust and primer from the Camaro. Plus I can't even get in there to work on it with it in there. I'm too busy and don't have time or help to do it either.

Why struggle when I have access to a lift and proper tools at work to get it done quickly and easily? Plus if I get it done at work, the boss will let me have a loaner car if it's not finished before the end of the day.
                    Last edited by crazymikey; 05-05-2012, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Finally a break in the weather and was able to wash the car this morning. I haven't cleaned my wheels for 3 weeks. They were disgusting from brake dust and from having the new tires mounted.

These are the first pics with the proper sized 195/60 Falkens on it.

Bought a pressure washer this morning too, and need to do my engine bay later.

Anywhoo, just a few quick pics. Monday I'm going to inquire about labour cost for a clutch and I'll decide about that.

This is what my engine bay looks like when it hasn't been cleaned for a month

Comment

that tire size looks a WHOLE lot better!
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

looks Really Good

Comment

ahthank you. Pressure washed the engine bay this evening and cleaned it up a little more. Waiting for my strut bar to arrive maybe this week.

Current to do list;
                            -Clutch
                            -Windshield
                            -Fix fuel/temp gauges
                            -Fix minor exhaust leak...kinda patched it a bit, it's helped atleast.
                            -Paint black DX front bumper Frost White
                            -Repair dent in LH fender
                            -Repair rust on LH quarter
                            -Repair dent on RH quarter

It never ends.

I want to have it entered in a local show n shine on July 15, so I want to have it looking it's best. Also some good advertising for my detailing side job that I'm trying to start up into a full time legit business.

Comment

Those are the same tires I just put on my car but I am running 215-45-17's. They get crazy good traction. Idk about 195's tho because they are thin. Are yours AA traction or just A traction rated.
                              Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
                              93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

I'd have to look. I think they're just A. But I'm very happy with the ride and handling with them. Before I bought them I looked up reviews online and they had very good reviews and scores. They're great in the wet, excellent grip in high speed cornering (Take on/off ramps like an F1 car) and overall just a nice smooth ride.

Comment

Working...
                                X