• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
    btw, I hate your sig.
    I do too

Comment

Awww yeah, get my tax return in a week or two. That means I can install the tires, new windshield and fix exhaust leak. Timing belt due in another 20 000km at the big 200 000km (125k mi)....so probably another 3-6 months away.

Fack....I want F&F Type 1's so bad...suppose I could splurge, and then sell my Teins for like $200 to recover some cost, since I paid almost $300 for them and they only have a couple thousand KMs on them.

Have to think about this one.
      Last edited by crazymikey; 04-15-2012, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Falkens being installed on Friday. Deciding against F&F's right now. I have other financial obligations to take care of first.

Also, got another raise at work....my 2nd raise since January.

There will be lots of progress being made from now til mid-July, as I have 1 car show to enter and I want the car to be ready for it.

Comment

How in the hell did you get your rear lip to fit so nicely? lol

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
          I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Because I've done 4 of them now, so I get better each time.

1st attempt

2nd

3rd (had to redo it on the SE because the original one got busted up)

Current

'Cause I'm awesome sauce.

Comment

Is there some trick to it? Do you heat it at all or just put on as is?

Member's Ride Thread

I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

I cut a small triangle in the bottom corner of the side pieces so they can bend a little more. Then I just use self tapping screws every couple inches to hold it on. It's a pretty easy mod. It's as easy as doing a Legend lip.

Comment

Awesome, thanks.

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

BUT...that's for 9091 bumpers. They fit better. 9293 has fitment issues. Never done one on a 9293 myself, so I can't add any tips.

Comment

Got my Falken Ziex ZE512 tires installed last week. Been constantly raining and car has been dirty, so no pics yet. Ride and handling is great. They look decent too.

Seeming like I'm going to be needing a new clutch sooner than later. I can hear my throw out bearing squeal and roar once in a while when taking off. Also get some really bad shuddering from the clutch when taking off in 1st or shifting to 2nd. Feels like there's not much there for the clutch to grab.

Been looking to upgrade just to a stage 1 clutch, because I do drive very aggressively, lots of high rpm shifting, engine braking etc. Not a job I want to tackle myself in my garage, so I'll probably just have it done on the lift at work and pay my employee labour rate.

Sucks that I'll have to shell out a few hundred to get it done, because now this will put me behind on other small things I want to do, but either way it needs to get done. I've noticed it getting progressively worse since I got the car. The car was mainly older lady driven, so wouldn't surprise me if the clutch has been ridden the fuck out of.

Been looking at XTR Stage 1 clutch on ebay. Yays or nays on said clutch? Or other recommended slightly better than OE replacements?

Comment

Exedy OEM replacement should do just fine.

02 Crv
                        02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                        92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                        Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Still looking good Mike. Keep up the good work bro

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                            Exedy OEM replacement should do just fine.
                            Yeah I was looking at that one too. Thought maybe I should get something slightly beefier, but then that would just make me drive harder...

Comment

Originally posted by redlined302 View Post
                              Still looking good Mike. Keep up the good work bro
                              Thank you sir. You can't tell in any of the photos, but my hood is stone chipped real bad, as is my driver side mirror. With some touch up paint, I've cleaned it up significantly. From a few feet away you can't even notice.

I'm still planning to repaint my black DX bumper in Frost white, since the current one I have is all scratched up and has a crack in it and a chunk missing.

Comment

Paint all the side mouldings while your at it

Looks great bro!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Working...
                                X