No announcement yet.

crazymikey : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those springs will look great on your car. That said, you'll begin to notice some degradation in the shocks's dampening ability within 10,000 miles. The Tein S-tech has an only slightly higher springrate than stock, but they will degrade shock life. The set on my car is excellent on the side that is equipped with Koni shocks, but feels completely underdamped on the side with KYB shocks.
    Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
    2005 Acura TSX 6MT
    2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

Hurry your jdm handicapped ass up.And if you can't get your hands on a compressor then the weight of the car should compress those with no problems.

I did my eibachs (which are stiffer and taller) that way with NP's at all.

02 Crv
      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
      Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Wasn't too bad on my hand. Actually better than I expected. Took forever with the crappy old spring compressor I was using. Literally spent 6 hours on it, including food/smoke/beer breaks.

I'll have some pics tomorrow. It sits nice and level and has a fantastic look.

Comment

As you've all been waiting for.

Nice mild drop without looking stupid slammed. Low enough it looks like it could have come like that. Completely stock look to the car. Absolutely perfect IMO.

Rides fantastic with the S-techs. Money well spent. Keep in mind the massive wheel gap is due to running 195/55/15 rubber.

I'm unsure about the Tein decals if I like them or not. Comments?
          Last edited by crazymikey; 02-02-2012, 08:47 PM.

Comment

doesnt look like the car is anymore lower than it was if u lowered it. needs moar h22
            <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

It's noticeably lower in person. Sits more squat and evened out. No more rake. The undersized tires are not helping the wheel gap.

Comment

this was low you're no where low. but then again ur in alberta where it snows a shit ton anyways.
                <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

That doesn't look low either. Nice Malaysian rake.

Comment

looks awesome mikey keep up the good work !
                    Instagram: robkhaira

MRT: 1991 EX-R: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...52#post3273952

Comment

Thanks man. And yours is only starting.

Comment

The stickers kill it. The drop is nice not to much, way better then it was

Originally posted by Darkcloud
                        Wimp go low or go home haha
                        Originally posted by cb7_tillidie
                        Not a single fuck was given that day.

Comment

lol I was trying to figure out a good spot to put the stickers where they wouldn't jump out and be like "OMG Stickerzzz!" Didn't like them on the windows. The only other spot I liked was 1 sticker under one of the tail lights.

But then I always like the "VTEC DOHC" decals on Civics and stuff, and had been looking for a nice black "SOHC" decal. I thought of those when I applied the Tein stickers.

I'll probably end up taking them off, but atleast it's white on white and you only see the green T.

Comment

Nice. Just enough drop to maintain that OEM style you like so much. Some beefy tires would look great once those rubber bands wear out.

Not really feelin' the stickers, but it doesn't kill it IMO. maybe just one on a window.....or none.

Ninja Edit: I gotta say....some chrome on the front and back would really finish the look......just sayin'.....

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

You need sohc no-tech stickers like I have .
                              You shoulda put one under the taillights and one under the hood, just my thought

Originally posted by Darkcloud
                              Wimp go low or go home haha
                              Originally posted by cb7_tillidie
                              Not a single fuck was given that day.

Comment

Should get a h22 and a sticker that says "suck my dhoc"

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Working...
                                X