keepinitclean : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DjM_coupe View Post
    I didn't use any type of sealant...just made sure all surfaces were really clean and that the iacv rings were lubed a little bit. You can torque the bolts but its not necessary (just don't hulk them down)...sucks that it still didn't work though
    Hmmm, well all of the gaskets should be good. And what would you use to lube it? Thanks!

Originally posted by c91bse7 View Post
    Did you reset your ecu ? Make sure the throttle cable is tight but not over tight.
    I did not reset it. I might have over tightened it! Let me check it out while its started and then I will post whats up!

Originally posted by Hostile View Post
    We need to hook up so I can install that plenum for you. I'm going to be on vacation the rally part of September do maybe wecan do it then. Are you going to try and make it to the meet on the 19th?
    That would be AWESOMMEEE! The 19th? Hmm I might be in school or Socal. I will try and prolly make it to a socal meet once I am down there! Cousin #4 is on the way today! But I will try to see whats wrong with the plenum right now and then I will try to post a video of what's happening. Thanks again Jesse! I appreciate it.

BTW, does anyone have a picture of what hoses go where on an a6 plenum? O_o I want to make absolutely sure that I have everything in the correct position.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

I can go take a photo of my F22A6 plenum now for you if you want.

Comment

That would be awesome! If you could show the numbers of the lines and where they go, that would be great!!!!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

I'm on it.

Give me a few minutes.
          They are uploading now:
          https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7xozdrvuu07o5yb/DeRXam5BPm

Give it some time, there are 13 pictures, please let me know when you download them all. Let me know if you need more detail or information on where they go. My phone takes nasty photos.
          Last edited by wildBill83; 08-13-2012, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Thanks dude I appreciate it!!!!

Videos of how its running:

http://s1216.photobucket.com/albums/...-29-21_518.mp4

http://s1216.photobucket.com/albums/...-11-46_196.mp4

http://s1216.photobucket.com/albums/...-06-01_925.mp4

Thankfully that grinding noise stopped. But I think I just might need a new lower gasket :/

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Just out of curiosity, have you checked the IAC or the MAF? Those two or a vacuum leak would be my first stop personally.

Comment

To be honest I can't get either one open. But I hear this squealing noise at the bottom, and I recall being down there, I suppose that the gasket was faulty, so that's what I need to replace. It should be fine after that.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

If you got some Permatex The Right Stuff or RTV or any other gasket making liquid you could always test the theory before buying/ordering a new gasket. But honestly I would take the MAF off and spay cleaner in it and then replace the IAC first, the grinding is a mechanical failure of a motor most likely and the IAC can definitely be the source of that until the IAC motor just died, hence the end of the grinding noise with the same problem persisting. IAC is usually not serviceable other than an exterior cleaning, but they fail quite often. Also ohm out the MAF and see what it says, I can send over instructions on how to if you need it.

Comment

that high pitched whining is a vac leak. spray carb cleaner around everything ( one component at a time ) and listen for when the idle changes and you will find your vac leak. do this on a cold engine if possible and have an extinguisher and hose ready just incase. be sure the FITV is all the way down snug ( NOT HERCULES TIGHT ). if the IACV is known to be good then its 100% a vac leak SOMEWHERE.
                    frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Well I believe the wining is comming from the bottom. I think it is the lower gasket because it did fit a bit odly when I put it in. So I should replace that and then I can get back to you guys about it.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Well, I have been preoccupied by school so I haven't had the chance to replace the gasket yet :/

BUT! I did finish 99.99% of the retrofit. Both headlights now have projectors and they work, but I need to install some shrouds and deal with some fitment and alignment issues.

For all those facebook users out there, LIKE MY PAAAAGE!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Keepi...3753321?ref=hl
                        Last edited by keepinitclean; 08-17-2012, 07:37 PM.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

This was my first CB7 meet and it was awesome, Socal balls hard!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Thanks for the pictures Alex.

Comment

No problem Sal.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Awesome pics. It's funny, I recognize just about every car posted except for the wagon and the beat up arcadia sedan with the roof rack and bike.

Comment

Working...
                                X