No announcement yet.

turboHLS30 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys and gals, I'm still around and so is the swag wag I ended up finishing the H22 swap only to find out that it had a spun bearing :/ So I spent the last 2 or 3 weeks thinking about what I wanted to do. At one point I was so depressed about it that I thought about giving up on it, but I couldn't, I love her too much. So I'm going to go ahead a build the forbidden G22. I've read just about every thread started the includes the term "G22" lol I've found amazing information, and I've found dead ends, but in the end I'm pretty sure I have all of the necessary info to go through with the project. I'm going to use my F22a1 with 128k that blew the head gasket, and mate it up with the head from my H22a with a spun bearing.

My parts list so far consists of:

-F22a1 block
    -JDM H22a head
    -All of the H22 timing materials and pulleys
    -H22a Head Gasket
    -H22a ARP Head Studs
    -F22a ARP rod bolts
    -K20 pistons (Still on the table)
    -Adjustable Cam Gears
    -70mm Throttle Body
    -Gutted Intake manifold
    -450cc injectors
    -Walbro 255
    -Maybe a little happy juice

Hopefully I'm going to start tearing into the F22 and get it down to a bare block so I can take it to the machine shop and make sure everything is good to go. Then I'm going to take the head to get PnP'd along with a valve job. Hopefully in the end I'll be making over 200 with the work done to it. Still have some other things to figure out, and wait for some more money :/
    '93 LX Wagon (On the back burner)
    '92 EX Wagon (Traded)
    '93 EX Wagon (Current DD)

Comment

Damn man I have the same exact wagon now, same color, LX auto as well! Loving the wheels man they look great! Nice inspiration man!
      1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
      For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

Thanks Slowly but surely we're getting there :P
        '92 EX Wagon (Traded)

Comment

Haha i was gonna do itr wheels but didn't know how they'd look but now I do lol very nice motor to get in there too!
          1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
          For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

Yea I always wanted a set, and then I got bored with them lol
            '92 EX Wagon (Traded)

Comment

Nice Wagon Bro! She`s coming together nicely.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

Thanks man, I'm working on it lol
                '92 EX Wagon (Traded)

Comment

Good luck on the build bro let us know how it turned out

Comment

I definitely will! Going to be well documented and lots of pics, so stay tuned
                    '92 EX Wagon (Traded)

Comment

I have an update for anyone interested! In the last update I was talking about building a G22, and I started tearing down the H22 and what not. But then a friend of mine ran into some financial problems and had to sell alot of his H22 build. Let's just say I got a hell of a deal on a brand new, fresh out of the machine shop, H22a block

10 over Nitrous-coated Nippon Type S pistons,
                      Decked 5 thousandths,
                      Micropolished crank,
                      All new race bearings
                      All new seals

So obviously the plans have changed, and I'm planning on trying to break 220, but anything over 200 and I'll be happy. Planning on porting and polishing the head, valve job, and Type S cams. I'm also trying to save up so I can buy myself a nice Tri-Y header. The intake manifold is getting gutted, MSD ignition setup, 70mm throttle body, 450cc DSM injectors, FPR, Walbro 255, and a 100 shot On the bottle I want to break 300 if possible, but we'll see. I'll probably just shoot a 75 just to have around and when it comes time to go to the track bump it up to a 100 shot. I'm really more of a road racer/AutoXer rather than drag racer, which is why I decided to go with N2O.

I also recently wire tucked the bay and I'm in the process of getting it ready for paint. It's getting converted to 5-speed as well. Pics will be up shortly
                      '92 EX Wagon (Traded)

Comment

I have pics for you guys that are watching

Passenger inner fender well

Passenger side engine bay, I still have to drill out the spot welds on this mount because I'm going 5 speed. That, as well as money is holding me up from painting the bay and getting to motor in.

Driver side, still have to delete the power steering.

Driver side wheel well, everything is wrapped up pretty nicely. Once I put the plastic pieces back in I should be good and not have to worry about blowing a tire and shorting out the harness.

And an overall view

My fresh new H22a block

Still piecing together my 5 speed stuff, my friend is giving me a H23 trans tomorrow. Only problem is that the the mount broke away from the transmission, so it needs a new case. I also have the shifter and cables. So now I need clutch, pressure plate, clutch master cylinder, slave cylinder, and pedals. If anyone has any of those parts for a decent price, or want to donate them, let me know
                        Last edited by turboHLS30; 03-09-2013, 04:18 AM.
                        '92 EX Wagon (Traded)

Comment

Wow nice work
                          cb looks clean and the bay is coming along nicely

Comment

Thanks It just sucks being a broke college kid lol Maybe tomorrow I'll drill out the spot welds and get the mount out, aswell as get the manual mount welded in. Hopefully then I could start shaving and prepping the bay for paint
                            '92 EX Wagon (Traded)

Comment

Update! I ordered and received my OEM 5 speed bracket from Honda, I got my paint, and today I finished stripping the seam sealer out. I also started filling in holes and smoothing out edges. Hopefully I'll have it ready for paint by Thursday and painted by Saturday Pics coming soon!
                              '92 EX Wagon (Traded)

Comment

UPDATE!!!! Well I finally got the auto trans mount out and now I'm waiting on money to buy the manual trans to mock up the other mount to be welded in. I've been through 2 tubs of bondo because I have OCD, and end up doing it over and over until I like it. I finally got the motor together, but then I went to take off the vtec solenoid to use on my H22 EK and there was lots of metal shavings in the filter of the solenoid. SO, I'm going to take it all back apart and clean out the head, and do a little porting and polishing while I'm at it. The head is from my other H22 with a spun bearing, hence the metal shavings in the solenoid. Also getting ARP rod bolts and head bolts since it has to come back apart anyway. I have my paint picked out for the engine bay as well, and that's got me SUPER excited because the combo is SOOOO nice. I got my pedals and shifter/cables from the junkyard thee other day, and got the shifter and cables installed with my SkunkS weighted shift knob Right now I'm a broke jobless college student, so there may or may not be alot of progress in the next month or so. Onto some pics!

Pulled the junk H22 and autotragic out in 2 hours

Lots of sanding and bondo work lol

My paint for the engine bay Gunmetal for the bay itself, and the purple is for the valve cover, strut bar ends, intake pipe, and maybe some other stuff

Scored some Ground Controls from the junkyard for $30 (Fuck yea!)

Motor coming together, but now has to be blown apart :/

Some ass hat busted out my back window, but thank god for the tint that's holding it together :/

How she currently sits!

Hopefully I'll have some updates soon for those of you who are following along
                                '92 EX Wagon (Traded)

Comment

Working...
                                X