91H22ACB7 : 1991 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up a cl rear sway today.

Was gonna grab a legend lip but it was a sedan, i remembered it being a coupé, pooey.
    1991 Accord Ex - H22A - Omnipower Coilovers - Greddy SP2
    1993 Civic Dx - D15B7 - T3/T04E - Ported head - Hole in block - May be going F swap

My Workout Log

Originally posted by Leung
    Well, I poked the big one in the head with the shovel while shouting at it "hey, you can't sleep here".

Comment

Cl rear sway bar is on. Im loving the current balance of the car, im planning on going back to around zero preload on the rear springs to let the sway do more work and lifting the front in preparation for another legend lip. Hopefully this one wont meet a raccoon at 60mph.
      1993 Civic Dx - D15B7 - T3/T04E - Ported head - Hole in block - May be going F swap

My Workout Log

Well, I poked the big one in the head with the shovel while shouting at it "hey, you can't sleep here".

Comment

when you pop that head off we'll be able to see what the pistons look like. Still curious if the H was stock internally.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
          when you pop that head off we'll be able to see what the pistons look like. Still curious if the H was stock internally.
          Yessir. I know we both are equally interested to see whats in there.

Ive got the next two days off and no money, so that means tinkering time. Going to zero rear preload and adjusting the front tomorrow. I wonder if anyone can get me on an alignment rack for a quick toe check.

Maybe one of these days Ill find out what the clunking in the driver front is, its only when the suspension unloads, like taking off from a light.

I may finally wash this damn thing and vaccuum it out as well.

My Workout Log

Comment

Yesterday: Coolant flush, then bleed. Topped off fluids, aired up tires and cleaned windows.

Today: Vaccuum and cleaned up the sp2.

Sway bar clearance, its hard to tell but its about 1/4"

My Workout Log

Comment

Put the rear sway hard to work tonight, went down alot of 'grip run' roads

Lost it around a corner but kept it in the middle of the road as we spun.

The 195/60 goodyear infinity(crap) tires on the rear coupled with a 280 treadwear 195/50 summer tire up front = oversteer city.

My Workout Log

Comment

Looks like I found out what the front end clunking is AND the cause of my shaking under accel. Clunk = crap ebay upper control arms. Shaking = busted rear motor mount.

I setup my cam and tripod and recorded as I strained the mounts in 1st and reverse. Hardly budges forward, but it reverse it nearly tapped my strut bar, lol.

Any recommendations on the ucas? Should I go get an oem pair from the junkyard and replace with an adjustable joint?

After vacation Im going to try to attack this thing and finally get the exhaust sorted and find a pair of injectors to send for cleaning before getting a tune.

My Workout Log

Comment

Took her for another spirited drive last night with some buddies, was pretty fun.

Oil change and finally a new set of plug wires (ngk) on the car.

Picking up new wheels next paycheck.

Cant wait!

My Workout Log

Comment

Well, had a bar tab from vacation take like 5 days to process so now I cant afford to put some money away for the new set of wheels. Might be two paychecks from now until I can snatch em. They havent sold in like 4 months, hopefully they wont go anywhere.

Oh and :cough cough: Is this thing on?

My Workout Log

Comment

I know that feeling. Sounds like you're having fun with it. If you're doing UCA's I would personally go with OEM with an adjustable ball joint, but that's just my opinion. Now with the motor mounts, I would try getting some replacement ones and filling them with some windshield urethane. Works pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                        I know that feeling. Sounds like you're having fun with it. If you're doing UCA's I would personally go with OEM with an adjustable ball joint, but that's just my opinion. Now with the motor mounts, I would try getting some replacement ones and filling them with some windshield urethane. Works pretty well.
                        The sides are replacements and filled and the torque mount has a poly insert.

My Workout Log

Comment

The list to restore this thing just keeps getting longer and longer.
                          Wish this thing was a dx now a days.
                          Add a drivers window motor and window seal to the list.

My Workout Log

Comment

It's all for the love of CB7s... I personally can't do the whole "drive it like it is and live with it until it dies" thing. I don't want it to die so I fix anything I can afford to.

I feel your pain, my list is a mile long on my MRT and there are still things I need to add to it.

Comment

This is why the junkyards are your friend. Particularly the LKQ on Causeway.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                                This is why the junkyards are your friend. Particularly the LKQ on Causeway.
                                Thats to far for me, I go to the one near the dragstrip.

No more clunk clunk and squeaky squeak.

The bolt behind the driver fender worked loose a bit and has been driving me nuts.
                                Also laid under the car again to try and find the clunk, noticed the coilover needed some tightening, nope, that wasnt it. Then poking around I, for shits and giggles, slapped my air gun on the front subframe bolts. Waalaa! Pulled em all out one at a time, used some antiseize and tightened em up, no more clunk.

Now to lowes for a few large flat washers, someone chopped up the back speaker ledge to make em fit and where the bolts go through is all mangled and bent, that squeak has been driving me nuts for even longer.

My Workout Log

Comment

Working...
                                X