• Show
Clear All

• cb9love
    replied
    keep living the dream man !

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Some fresh pics from the Nurburgring trip last week.

Some shots from the main entrance where we were staying.

Typical set of corners.

[

And the Money shot... First H22a Swapped CB around the ring? That be cool if it were true!

The famous carousel corner.

Leave a comment:

• lindiz
    replied
    Wow, seems like a lot of fun! Your driving seems very good, pushing it without being too harsh on the car

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Took the car on circuit a while ago, not long after the swap. As a type of test/shakedown, if anything is going to go wrong it likely to do it there.

I was armed with my Brothers car which was filled with tools and spares!

This is me driving, early on in the day, only the second session ran with the Go Pro. Dont judge the driving, that was the least important thing at this stage, I was glad to get around in one piece!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAwM...ature=youtu.be

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post

I sometimes forget how it feels to drive a swapped cb. Its been so damn long.
    Sort it out!

Tommi, Thanks for the heads up, Its not a issue for me right now, however I have got a Fields Vtec controller that I can hook up, This also removes the limiter.

I have hit the track in this already actually! Not Silverstone, thats too expensive for me at the moment. Theres another circuit near by that i went on, I have some GO PRO videos to post up shortly. Was a great day, Accord was pretty fualtless running hard all day, powersteering pump groaned a bit after a stint and the brakes were smoking everytime i came in. But importantly the engine didnt miss a beat!

Leave a comment:

• tommi
    replied
    hint, USDM p13 does not have the speed gov... incase u were wondering on running at silverstone that is

Leave a comment:

• excalibur02
    replied
    Glad your jdm p13 is running good lol. I always had mine run rich and cause the knock sensor CEL. So I just went with the chipped p28.

I sometimes forget how it feels to drive a swapped cb. Its been so damn long.

Leave a comment:

• Stoner51
    replied
    Nice clean looking swap with power steering and cruise control.

Good work.

This is how the car should have come from the factory.

steve

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucien View Post
    Nice.

You're keeping the cruise control?
    Yessir, its an untidy thing in the bay, but I like that perk.

Originally posted by lindiz View Post
    Great job Marcus, looks awesome! Welcome to the H22 club
    This swap wasnt possible with out your aid, multiple times ive asked you for help and you sorted me out. Also the Vtec harness was only made possible thanks to your ECU pins and wires.

Originally posted by faqncb7 View Post
    looks clean good job bro
    Thanks man!

Well Ive not driven it much yet, infact only in test conditions, checking it out, listening for odd sounds and leaks etc. But all good so far.

All I can say is its very quick! And sounds epic! The Vtec is strong with the JDM p13. I love how the power is strong all the way to the limiter which appears to be 7950rpm, where as in the F20 then engine ran out of puff at 5600rpm even though the limiter was 6950rpm.

It doesnt appear to be running as rich as people say the p13 does.

Ill report more when Ive driven it again, Ill try and get a video up too.

Leave a comment:

• faqncb7
    replied
    looks clean good job bro

Leave a comment:

• lindiz
    replied
    Great job Marcus, looks awesome! Welcome to the H22 club

Leave a comment:

• Lucien
    replied
    Nice.

You're keeping the cruise control?

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Before

After

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Updates

Sports cat customised to fit.
    [/URL]

Powerflow midsection from the prelude rehangered to fit.

This tool helped loads!

All done, and in the bay!

Looks badass, and I report that it starts and runs, no CELs no leaks, and Vtec operates as it should.

There were some set backs, It initially fired on 3 only, this was diagnosed as a poor injector wire connection at the ECU end.

I had to redo the CV boots as they were weeping.

There was a really odd wiring thing with the wipers, in that the left indictor operated the wipers! This was diagnosed as the grounds block near the left front headlight.

2 issue to finalise are the backbox sits crooked, and the powersteering. The power steering is the prelude pipes and pump, but the belt from the prelude is not good enough, so Ill get a new belt, then I can bleed that.

Leave a comment:

• Stoner51
    replied
    Nice progress. This swap makes the car a lot more fun to drive. Plus it puts it up with the modern cars as far as power goes

I hope you don't scratch the valve cover putting it in. I did

Steve
    Last edited by Stoner51; 03-18-2014, 06:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X