Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jarrett
    replied
    You don't have an 8.9mm drill bit? I thought those were everywhere!

The progress looks good. It makes me ashamed of how slowly I accomplish things on my own car.

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    So some updates with the gearbox.

The old M2A4 is out.

Changing the stud positions on the new U2Q7 box.

Used a M10x1.25 tap and a 9mm drill.(Dont own imperial drills or 8.9mm drill)

U2Q7 OBD2 to M2A4 OBD1 VSS sensor conversion.

So the differences are the U2Q7 box has no powersteering lines going to it and a different bottom cog. But does have the same electrical plug setup.

So process is dismantle sensors, heat cog, remove cog from shaft, then heat other cog, and remove of shaft. Then swap over. I will do a DIY thread on this in more detail.

M2A4 OBD1 powersteering VSS sensor mounted to a U2Q7

Now ready for bolting the box in!
    Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 05-18-2015, 05:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    That is spot on man! Thanks lot of for the detailed post. I should be in good stead to get this badboy in and running now!

Leave a comment:

• lindiz
    replied
    Originally posted by marcusv8thunder View Post
    Managed to get a couple hours on the accord. The data is gathered. 7sec to 60, 17sec to 100.
    Box is 90%. But noticed that the vss sensor has to pipes from the power steering. The U2Q7 does not. I hope I can just swap them over?
    I had the same problem during my swap, except I used my sensor from the F22 box. It fits in in the hole but the U2Q7 gear has 21 teeth and the old gear had 19 teeth. This results in inaccurate reading and high wear on the gear teeth. I solved the problem the hard way by removing the gear from the U2Q7 pinion and swapping it over to the F22 pinion (pinions are not swapable). So count your old sensor teeth and if it is 21 of them you're good. Otherwise you have to swap gears like me or plug the power steering pipes which results in lost progressiveness in the power steering.

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Managed to get a couple hours on the accord. The data is gathered. 7sec to 60, 17sec to 100.
    Box is 90%. But noticed that the vss sensor has to pipes from the power steering. The U2Q7 does not. I hope I can just swap them over?
    Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 04-26-2015, 01:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lindiz
    replied
    That transmission looks like it just came out of the factory! You're going to love the shorter gearing.

Looking forward to the trackday footage too, cheers

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Im going to try and sort out the go pro footage from the trackday this week.

In the mean time, this update will do...

U2Q7 Transmission!!

This is now ready to go in, just got to steal a mount stud from the old box and tap the holes. Im hoping to start this weekend on it.

But for comparisons over the current M2A4 I have I will do some 0-60 0-100 pulls to get some data etc before pulling it. Then do the same with the U2Q7.

Leave a comment:

• Lucien
    replied

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Fresh Brakes parts

Polished and greased sliders for quick reaction brakes.

Rear done

Front setup

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    looking at the first track day of 2015 end of March.

Got some things to fettle with before then.

Mainly brake related, caliper re-greasing, brake bleed and rear pad change. and reroute the cooling duct hoses.

And mount the 225 45 17 Yokohama a048 semi slicks I grabbed on the front wheels.

Also bought a oil catch can, and clean up the pcv valve as it just started playing up. Hopefully with a cleaned up/new pcv valve and a oil catch can setup the oil vent system will be back upto scratch.

Leave a comment:

• cb9love
    replied
    The 2 part urethane works nicely for filling mounts,
    I hope to see shots of this car on the track soon.

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Well the bumper is back on, has been sorted a while but the Accord ran out of MOT, then tax, so sat in the workshop for a while.

Also while I had the car there I thought Id sort out the front torque mount which was tired even before the swap, the H22a had finished it off lol.

I didnt like the engine twist delay between shifts, and 1st gear slow speed part throttle on/off throttle (like in traffic)

So instead of blowing money on a new one, which wouldnt be rated to the H22a anyway, I bought some 60 shore rated poly rubber. This is about as stiff as the OEM rubber, but becuase it filled all around its stiffer.

So with a fresh MOT and some tax, Been driving around with it this week, and what a difference! Big improvement, for a £15 for bottle of rubber to be so effective I reccomend this. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Polytek-Po...item35ba4dd09b

Before

After

Just mix it up pour it in, make sure you tape up/seal the other side!

I prepped/tided up and sprayed black the whole lot afterward, but I havent pictured that.

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Accord is still in the workshop so ive pulled the exhuast off for some custom alterations. Then I can get driving it again. Missing it majorly!

Leave a comment:

• Domesticated
    replied
    Lucky you! That's a sweet shop.

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by tommi View Post
    i'mma come visit u at silverstone sometime.
    You are more than welcome!

Originally posted by Lucien View Post
    Holy crap, that's a clean shop.
    I wish I could own a place like that one day! Its just where I work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X