Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marcusv8thunder
    replied

Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 09-04-2015, 11:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• acefighter028
    replied
    Havent been on and just looked thru your thread again. Glad to see your car is still going. Badass project.

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    I did a 350mile trip at the weekend. First long drive with the new gearbox U2Q7. I returned 36mpg. This is the same as what I got with the old gearbox M2A4. So interestingly the extra higher 400rpm made no difference to economy. It does make 5th gear very spritly.

Makes me wonder would a further 400rpm drop from my old prelude m2a4 which is what the accord 5th gear swap would be, really yield much mpg gain at all?

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
    Did You piss it off??? Why is it so angry? Good clip
    Haha it does sound aggressive. That is how it sounds from the engine bay. I may try a exhaust audio clip too. That would be different.

Leave a comment:

• sonikaccord
    replied
    Did you piss it off??? Why is it so angry? Good clip

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Figured how to use Movie Maker, so stuck a picture on the audio file.

0-100 pull in the works private test grounds end of 4th is the end, I stick it in 5th to coast but already at 100.

Mounted the microphone to the airfilter!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb6XOtkYJII

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by domesticated View Post
    Synchrotech confirmed the ring gears are the same for the same for both transmissions.

Leave a comment:

• Domesticated
    replied
    Synchrotech confirmed the ring gears are the same for the same for both transmissions.

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    So it in!

H22A U2Q7 CB3!

So I had it up on axle stands and fired it up, went the gears and bled the ps system, (vss sensor) and it went well, no grinds or clunks. (other than the surface rust on the discs scratching away lol)

I have since test drove it, and its mega! A big difference trust me, over the prelude box. 1 -3 are just manic, 4 is about the same 5 is short!

The LSD is an animal, you can really feel the outside wheel pull you round. really has completed the the front end for handling now!

I have a audio file to upload, once I figure out how to separate it from a Go Pro 2 video (I mounted a microphone to the air filter and did a 0-100)
    Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 05-28-2015, 01:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    For piece of mind you can get both in your hand and check. By flipping one so they are 69ing each other. Have the top of the shaft touch the underside of the mount arm. The other should do the same. You can tell then if the extra width of gear is further up or down in the transmission slot.

Inside the transmission slot is just a worm gear on one side with a plate at the bottom to support the shaft. A bigger or smaller cog just uses more or less contact on the worm gear.

Leave a comment:

• Domesticated
    replied
    I was just worried because the gears are different width. Same diameter, pitch, and teeth though.

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by Kev1990 View Post
    Dude your car is FUCKING HOT HOT HOT LOL I just saw another recent post you made and you have a really nice cb7 what did you wind up doing with your old 88k mile engine?
    Haha thanks alot! The old f20a was in mint condition when I pulled it. I still have it for spares for my other cb which still runs a f series. Nothing has been taken off it other than a pcv valve. So its complete more or less.

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
    So even though the VSS cog is wider on the H22 trans only the pitch and teeth matter. My H2U5 had 19 teeth and PS function, my M2Y4 had 19 teeth, but no PS. I just swapped the whole sensor. Should be fine I assume?
    Yessir, if your lastest transmission is a 19 tooth then a 19 tooth vss sensor will work. The non ps one would also work but you would have to loop the ps lines back on them selves to complete the system. But since you are going to run the ps one then you dont need to worry about that.

Leave a comment:

• Domesticated
    replied
    So even though the VSS cog is wider on the H22 trans only the pitch and teeth matter. My H2U5 had 19 teeth and PS function, my M2Y4 had 19 teeth, but no PS. I just swapped the whole sensor. Should be fine I assume?

Leave a comment:

• Kev1990
    replied
    Dude your car is FUCKING HOT HOT HOT LOL I just saw another recent post you made and you have a really nice cb7 what did you wind up doing with your old 88k mile engine?

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Haha not here so much. Sure they exist just not common. Everythings metric also here these days.

You sir have alot going on your Cb setup. Its much more involved. Plus you have just moved and all. But also yeah do work we all want to see your beast setup running!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X