Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    So, with all that exhaust dominating both the power increase and sound, I thought it best If I balance it out with a intake manifold upgrade.

Accord Type R manifold (Euro R)

After researching on here, prelude forums and Rosko Racing I now have gathered all the bits required to do the conversion.

I have the IACV adapter plate from Rosko Racing ordered.

I have a thermal intake manifold gasket which apart from the heat reduction, spaces out the manifold away from the head to save grinding off some flange.

Grub screws to fill the little air injection holes on the flange.

2 meters of 4mm ID silicon hose

Pack of vacuum pipe connectors spitters and reducers.

Tube of Hondabond.

So far Ive stripped it down, and cleaned up the manifold, and ported out the first runner (still needs smoothing)
    Turned the brake booster fitting 90deg so it points to the left hand side of the car. I got an advantage over you LHD guys, in that my brake booster pipe is a U shape. Simply reverse fitting this pipe make it fit on the manifold just right. I also have cleaned out the EGR system.

Other things to note, are no real discussing anywhere into how to reattach all the vacuum lines onto the ATR manifold. The stock H22a has 6 small and 3 larger ones. The ATR one has only 2 small ports. This is where some rerouting and splitting will occur.

Also to confirm, Stock H22a manifold outside throttle body diameter is 62mm and the stock H22a7 manifold outside diameter is 65.5mm (looks very much like 66mm though)

Anyway more to come!

Leave a comment:

• lindiz
    replied
    Really nice job on the exhaust Marcus, you got it really tucked up there. I wish mine was routed that optimal for ground clearance. Just one inch extra makes big difference on driveability for a lowered CB.

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Thanks, yes im happy with it too. I dont often let other people do work on my Accord since I enjoy building it up my self. However I know what I can do and I cannot. Welding I cannot.

It sounds loud, deep with a tuned noted. Will get a video clip up.

However I do have 3 sounds to choose from so to speak. In that I can insert the cat or straight pipe in place of the middle resonator.

Im enjoying it as it is currently. But I will swap them about soon to see how they sound. I suspect the straight pipe will induce some rasp. And the cat will be quieter but with slight rasp as it not a resonator. We shall see!

Leave a comment:

• SSMAccord
    replied
    Looks like a well executed job.

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    So I had an exhaust leak following the trackday just gone, it was near the collector. Anyway one thing led to another, and it got booked into ARO Exhausts in Buckinghamshire. He is a really nice guy called Ant, and wants the best from every car he gets in. He is a Powerflow Dealer.

Apologies for the dirty under carriage, Im dailying the Accord at the moment, and the roads are rough at the moment.

Here are some basic un-doctored phone pics that I quickly snapped after work.

2" to 2.5" collector mod

Angled 2.5" flexi for exhaust tuck clearance

Lipless 2.5" straight through Powerflow resonator. Clamped in so can be replaced with my Cat at anytime.

Reduced down to 2.25" at this point to keep the flow up to keep the bottom end torque up.

Powerflow 170mm 2.25" Oval silencer, with my old tail pipes welded back on.

So the issues this has solved:

Undersized system for the new engine
    Too quiet
    Crooked tail pipe due to rushed welding job last winter
    Fixed collector leak
    Properly hung and corrected tension on down pipe, stopping the manifold to downpipe gasket leaking under load.
    In and out Cat for trackdays
    Improved resonator clearance
    A good few ponys freed up.

I think Ive justified it

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Another mod in the pipeline excuse the pun... booked in tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    So I have decided to get another set of wheels for trackdays. Mainly so I dont have to swap over my road and track tyres every time.

I wanted lighter wheels, and not over priced. I went with Rota Grids 17 x 7.5 in white.

I know you US guys have a thing with the Rota quality, but here in the UK its not an issue. They have the same manufacturing approvals as the Team Dynamics wheels that so many race championships here have as a control wheel so thats good enough for me.

The Rotas are around 8.3kg a wheel, oppose to the 11kg Ace wheels I have. They feel alot more nimble in acceleration, braking and cornering. But most importantly a wet set of wheels and dry set. crucial with the quick changing UK weather!

Yokohama A048 225 45 17 semi slicks (dry set)
    Half used but useable Uniroyal Rainsport 2 215 45 17 (wet set)

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by blk91coupe View Post
    Beautiful car and swap!
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• blk91coupe
    replied
    Beautiful car and swap!

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by tommi View Post
    nice race footage, i like that gc8 ur tailing.. its like me and you are on the track lol
    Nice spotting yeah had couple chases with it. That would be pretty epic if we could get on track together!.

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
    Nice to see progress like this on a car! Good work man!
    Thanks yeah its coming on well lots more in the pipeline. Slowly but surely!
    Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 11-14-2015, 05:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Nice to see progress like this on a car! Good work man!

Leave a comment:

• tommi
    replied
    nice race footage, i like that gc8 ur tailing.. its like me and you are on the track lol

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    So what have I been up to, well, Mallory Park trackday thats what!

Dont expect racecar speed but not bad for what it is. Listen out for some toe and heel blips!

Btw this was early on in the day, but the car did 200laps and 60l of fuel, didnt miss a beat! Only fatalities were blowing flexi pipe towards the end of the day and lost a wheel centre cap!

Were a mix of cars, some very oddly quick cars that came by, and some you would expect.

Was full wet in the morning, mid morning damp drying line, after lunch full dry.

Heres a video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQw49eIQAxw

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Yeah my bad, Ive fixed them now should be working.

Just some pics from a recent trackday in trackday mode.

Leave a comment:

• baracuda
    replied
    Originally posted by marcusv8thunder View Post

links are broken on my end, not sure about anyone else.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X