Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jarrett
    replied
    Car looks great. It's good to see it back on the road!

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    So took a evening at the workshop to do some bits on the Accord, have added some helper springs to the rear coilovers.

But most importantly, i got the scales out and did a full corner weight on it. Which means put the car on a completely flat ground (workshop is, we measure this before to check too)

You then adjust the coilover height per corner to adjust the weight distribution. The accord is pretty well balanced already it seemed. but some fine tuning got:

Managed to get the fronts spot on at FL 406kg FR 406kg
    But the best i could get the rears was RL 220kg RR 232kg

I blame the offset of the spare tyre and the fuel tank for this. Still though thats as good as we get on the Boxsters albeit different numbers.
    This adds to 1264kg dry weight, a very light saloon! But with me in it and 1/2 tank of fuel brings it up to 1364kg. Still lighter than most modern hatchbacks.

Managed to measure the camber too:
    FL -2.5 FR -3.1
    RL -2.2 RR -2.2

Perfectly fine there really.

Toe is the next thing to adjust measure tiny bit of toe out at the front and toe in at the rear. Ran out of time that day to do that. Thats next weeks job.

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Tommi, anymore negitive comments on my thread, i will delete them. Just say nothing if you have non constructive criticism. Im bored of them.

Leave a comment:

• tommi
    replied
    Originally posted by marcusv8thunder View Post
    I barely understood that, but either way

I had to get someone to finish the job therefore no DIY pics.
    it means where are the pics to document your "Dainty" work...
    Last edited by tommi; 06-17-2012, 06:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by tommi View Post
    U talk about the brakes but yet have no pick to how of the work
    I barely understood that, but either way
    Originally posted by marcusv8thunder View Post
    It started with a simple brake overhaul which i never had time to complete my self, first time for that!
    I had to get someone to finish the job therefore no DIY pics.

Leave a comment:

• tommi
    replied
    U talk about the brakes but yet have no pick to how of the work

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    BACK IN THE GAME!! So the car has been off the road still Feb, and not driven daily since about Christmas, which is terrible! It started with a simple brake overhaul which i never had time to complete my self, first time for that!

It became worst when the SS HEL braklines i was trying to fit also, did not fit. I had a car on the drive with no brakes or handbrake, and i needed to take to a garage, the only way was recovery truck, lucky it didnt cost much, because i had to take the front bumper off to get it on there!

Anyway, its all done now and the brakes are in great form, ive re done the seals and painted the calipers up too.

Car felt like a old man in the morning after 3 days straight gardening! when i took it around the block for the first time in few months. But it quickly got back in its stride.

Heres some pictures of it this week in the great weather we having, first day daily driven to work.

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Just gauging interest

So go to swap the mileage barrel over, but instead successfully fix the split hair wide wire with some solder. So after 3 years of no fuel needle guage, it now works! dam it why didnt i fix it before!

took pic with phone camera and a magnifier lense

Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 04-09-2012, 09:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• crazymikey
    replied
    Front lip looks fantastic. Completely finishes off your car.

And yes, parts compatibility is awesome. I have/had many interchangable parts on my CBs.

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by agol View Post
    look good the legend coupe lip is clean
    Thanks man

Originally posted by tommi View Post
    hmm u can get a HONDA legend lip but i cant get a certain lip off you.
    I cant keep up with what you want, thought you wanted to hold off that "other" lip, cos you getting parts for you other car.

Anyway, this wasnt planned, neither was it on my list of things to get, but got a email from a guy breaking a Legend, and a grabbed the lip.
    Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 04-19-2012, 05:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tommi
    replied
    hmm u can get a HONDA legend lip but i cant get a certain lip off you.

Leave a comment:

• agol
    replied
    look good the legend coupe lip is clean

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Ok well bit of DIY and TLC and the lip is on, defiantly changes the look of the front end, will take a while to get use to, but over all i think its a great improvement. I love how compatible Honda parts are.

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Well this wasnt planned nor on the list of things to buy, but this came up for a steal so i had to get it.

Honda Legend coupe front lip!

In pretty mint condition as well.

And a little sneaky addition inside the car.

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Right here they are, look really tasty actually.

And a nice picture of it before i hit it major style, complete brake refresh, new pipes to fit, refreshing the callipers, got a calliper rebuild kit coming, and some new racing brake fluid.

Pads are good still, so are the discs as i renewed them with EBC stuff not too long ago. I am also got a backup plan if the callipers are a no go for some odd reason to take the bigger discs and callipers of the red accord, and refresh them instead. But undecided on that at the moment.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X