X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by keepinitclean View Post
    Oh daaaaaayum! You're doing WORK! Keep it up man! Love the progress!!
    I am indeed, just one thing i havent done yet.... But thats about to change with my next post...

Leave a comment:

• keepinitclean
    replied
    Oh daaaaaayum! You're doing WORK! Keep it up man! Love the progress!!

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    So my Fresh/non A/C radiator is too efficient! If i do a steady speed 50-60 for a while without change, the temp needle drops, and car starts to enter cold idle mode! which=rich=lower mpg and not much cabin heat :P

So i need to do a rad block mod, cover up portion of the rad during the winter. I reckon i could cover up 50%.

But which 50% i wonder?

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied

Thats better no A/C stuff and a fresh new rad and new fixings.

Right whats next... ah yes that right ROH!

Where i got to, had to drive the car for a bit in between whilst aquiring ROH bits, so i got a full knuckle calipers discs etc from a another cb7 4ws which is the same as the wagon setup, so its 282mm but HOR.

CB3 knuckle (my originals) with new ball joints

282mm discs shields

Acura CL hubs and new Accord bearings

97 Prelude Discs

Done! Well apart from tightening the driveshaft nuts and denting it when its back on its wheels later.

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Alternator went, so you know multiple birds 1 stone....

Took the plunge A/C delete still got the rad and more piping yet.

Prepped minty brackets, and new alternator.

Leave a comment:

• tommi
    replied
    now u just need the edm round foglights to complete the front

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Sitting glossy B)

Chilling out on a corner at Silverstone Circuit as you do :P

Yes that is a storm cloud and it did dump it down shortly after that pic.

Leave a comment:

• DCB7
    replied
    Nice upgrades

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    So brakes needed replacing, i swore to my self i wouldnt put another HOR 260mm setup back on last time, and i did, this time defiantly not!

So cars been off the road again, removed the knuckles, have been stripping them down, cleaning up etc. And acquiring parts!

So far i have got the knuckle refreshed and bearings removed. New bearings, refreshed 282mm calipers and brackets and awaiting the Acura CL hubs from bseballkid1990. I have new EBC Prelude discs coming tomorrow.

So some progress pics so far.

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by nicko View Post
    Hey mate, you've been working hard! Always loved your accord. Must be good to loose the stock rims since winters over for you guys. Nice tyres, perfect dimensions, had the same on mine. I just noticed the 91 rating on the new rubber. Can you believe I was booked for having the exact same tyre last year. It was the day after I purchased them, had the reciept in the glovebox. Copper claimed they were below the min rating stated on the sticker in the door jam for stock 15s. I hate victorian cops.
    Same goes to you, loved that white beaut! Yeah back on rims now, its the wobbly tall side wall feel i hate the most!

Leave a comment:

• nicko
    replied
    Hey mate, you've been working hard! Always loved your accord. Must be good to loose the stock rims since winters over for you guys. Nice tyres, perfect dimensions, had the same on mine. I just noticed the 91 rating on the new rubber. Can you believe I was booked for having the exact same tyre last year. It was the day after I purchased them, had the reciept in the glovebox. Copper claimed they were below the min rating stated on the sticker in the door jam for stock 15s. I hate victorian cops.

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    New tyres! Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 R1 compound 215/4517 91Y

And 2 Blueprint lower ball joints, which completes the front end for joint replacement.

Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 04-25-2013, 03:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    So inspected the tank for leaks other than that obvious hole, and also the piping etc. All all is good. This is good news as i half expected 20 year parts to be old and no good.

So ive prepped the tank and filler neck with Curust rust treatment, and then anti rust primer. Followed by satin black paint, and the all important underseal.

some quick phone pics, here but the key fact here is, i can now fill up the tank fully, without any leaks, it doesnt smell, out or inside the cabin either, so result! Why didnt i do this job earlier!

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by timmy0tool View Post
    lovely to see cars outside of the US here. is that a bullet hole in the tank?!

cheers to your restoration!
    Ive been putting this job off for ever, thinking its going be costly and alot of effort. In fact i reckon a good few years that holes been there. Scary thought though.

Its a small bolt that was replaced that fixed the rear base seats down by the bracket for the seat belt connector thing.

Anyway all fixed now, will post some phone pics shortly

Leave a comment:

• timmy0tool
    replied
    lovely to see cars outside of the US here. is that a bullet hole in the tank?!

cheers to your restoration!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X