CB7 Sleeper : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at this weak sauce CB

jk. if only they shipped you an F20B DOHC VTEC.......

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
    2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD View Post
      That long?
      Well, the engine has to be finished being "refreshed" then the swap of the motor and transmission, then the suspension repair from sliding into a curb last fall. So yea, that long.
      R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Originally posted by vietkid_2006 View Post
        Look at this weak sauce CB

I could've gotten one, for about the same price. I chose the F20A DOHC for a reason. Soon, you will all understand.

Comment

Originally posted by vietkid_2006
          That one will be on my list.

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper
          Well, the engine has to be finished being "refreshed" then the swap of the motor and transmission, then the suspension repair from sliding into a curb last fall. So yea, that long.
          Cool....can't wait to see..

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

most likely for lower compression for the spray...

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
            1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
            1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
            2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

I thought i was excited just knowing what was goin in...but now that i SEE it im even more stoked to see it finished!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vietkid_2006 View Post
                most likely for lower compression for the spray...
                Nope, compression has nothing to do with the spray. I could've had a reliable set up on any motor with the spray, it's all about doing things the right way.

To be honest, it's all about uniqueness. Nobody builds the F20A DOHC, in fact, I've only seen one member on here with the F20A DOHC swap, and now he doesn't even have it any more.

The motor is unique, it's rare, it's an easy swap, and it was in my budget. The engine is designed to be very rev happy. The bore is the same as the F22Ax, yet the stroke is significantly shorter. With a set of Bisimoto camshafts I plan on putting in, this thing is going to SCREAM! Throw a 75 shot of nitrous into the mix, and the H22 guys aren't going to stand a chance.

With this project, I am going for three things.

1. Uniqueness - I have already achieved this going with the F20A DOHC, and I will stray farther away from the crowd with my N/A build and the spray. The fact that I'm using Bisimoto cams in this motor alone makes me unique, considering not many people go with the Bisi cams in the first place. Then throw in the fact that I'm on an automatic transmission, and it's a whole new ball game. A lot of you guys don't know the obstacles involved when modifying an engine with an automatic transmission. It is a lot more complicated than a 5-speed, and the complications don't just stop with engine management. You also have to take into consideration base idle problems, shifting, the TCU, etc. Unique, has definitely been achieved.

2. Reliability - First of all, the engine is basically being refreshed to the condition it was in when it came out of the factory. Then I also have a new transmission to replace my old tired one. The nitrous kit I am going with is perfect from a "reliability" standpoint. The ZEX single fogger kit, comes with everything needed for a reliable set up.
                ZEX Nitrous Systems have an advanced, patented feature called "Active Fuel Control". This feature monitors nitrous bottle pressure and adds or subtracts enrichment fuel. The engine never runs too rich or too lean when engaging the nitrous system. ZEX "Wet" nitrous systems activate at wide-open throttle, using advanced electronics that monitor your engine’s throttle position sensor. This makes using your nitrous system very easy and reliable.
                A 75 HP shot (which is rated at the flywheel by ZEX, instead of at the wheels like other companies.) is very conservative for my engine, if you take into consideration the 15% loss through the drivetrain. Reliability right there, again. Now lets take into account my route for tuning. Instead of using a chipped ECU and tuning with some program that may or may not work with my automatic transmission, I'm going a smart route and using my PT6, which will operate my new motor fine, controlling the IABs and such. The only consequence of running the PT6 is that it will run the new motor rich, if I ran it stock. But I'll be using an AEM FIC controller, which I will use to dyno tune for N/A and nitrous settings. I'll be able to tune on one setting for N/A and adjust the air/fuel ratio accordingly, along with the timing. Then with the AEM unit I can toggle between two settings with the flip of a switch, so I will be able to tune for nitrous seperately, and adjust the air/fuel ratio accordingly, and then the ignition timing again. This way, I will not sacrifice power when running N/A by only having one setting and having to run with retarded timing or run rich when I'm not on the bottle. Reliability, there as well. This amongst other things will help me achieve that reliable, daily driveable, yet still fun performance without having to worry about breaking anything.

3. "Sleeper" - Yes, I am sick of cops looking at me and trying to find reasons to pull me over. So I am going to start "downgrading" the appearance so that it looks "factory" to the untrained eye, yet SICK to any car enthusiast. My simple Seattle Silver and Black theme I'll have going is really going to look good. It'll be very nice, and very clean. A straight up 1992 Honda Accord 2.0Si is all anybody will see. My Black 16" Rota Circuit 8s will be the only hint to the untrained eye that my car isn't any ol' Accord. I don't know how to explain it, but when it is all done, you guys will understand. I'm sure you'll love it too.

Comment

Originally posted by nate'sCB7 View Post
                  I thought i was excited just knowing what was goin in...but now that i SEE it im even more stoked to see it finished!!!!
                  Don't worry Nate, the MI Crew will be the first to see it.

Comment

Kevin, see you in NY this summer?

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
                      Kevin, see you in NY this summer?
                      Yes sir, I am for sure going. I already have my whole trip planned. We can hang fo sho.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
                        To be honest, it's all about uniqueness. Nobody builds the F20A DOHC, in fact, I've only seen one member on here with the F20A DOHC swap, and now he doesn't even have it any more.
                        True. Unique is win. I remember when the H22 was the up-and-coming CB swap. Mounts were hard to come by, people were running around all confused, had the cash in their pockets to pick the engine/trans up, did so, swapped them without knowing off hand a whole lot because there wasn't a lot of informational media out at that time. It was hit or miss. I kind of miss those days. Now the newest thing is K swaps. They're everywhere. As soon as little Jimmy has saved up $3800, he goes and spends it on a K20. Not knowing a whole lot about the engine's true potential, he swaps it into his civic hatch. He now is the coolest kid on the block.

Keep the F20 Kevin, DO WORK

life is good.

Comment

True. Unique is win. I remember when the H22 was the up-and-coming CB swap. Mounts were hard to come by, people were running around all confused, had the cash in their pockets to pick the engine/trans up, did so, swapped them without knowing off hand a whole lot because there wasn't a lot of informational media out at that time. It was hit or miss. I kind of miss those days. Now the newest thing is K swaps. They're everywhere. As soon as little Jimmy has saved up $3800, he goes and spends it on a K20. Not knowing a whole lot about the engine's true potential, he swaps it into his civic hatch. He now is the coolest kid on the block.

Keep the F20 Kevin, DO WORK
                          I will do so much work, that I'll end up on disability...And even then I will continue spending my disability checks on the CB.

Comment

^Good man. Now that's what I like to hear.

life is good.

Comment

^Good man. Now that's what I like to hear.
                              Yes sir, when the NY meet comes around, I promise you guys are going to love the work I have done.

Comment

I'm sure we will!

And we should race. Me dig through 4th. at least, you in Reverse.

That way I'll pwn you

life is good.

Comment

Working...
                                X