No announcement yet.

C91BLX7 : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also Drew, does this car have a clutch dampener? I was doing some research and it seems that civics don't have them, but accords do....but the DX accord doesnt have one either...I wonder if the LX does?

Either way....I'm going to be buying this soon and I thought you might like it:

Its a stainless braided, teflon coated -3an clutch line from chasebaysonline.com

There is a hardline that goes along the firewall from the clutch master cylinder to the damper(if you have one) then a rubber line goes to an adapter on the tranny, then another hardline to the slave cylinder. That part replaces all of that. It connects from the master to the slave straight up.

If you don't have a dampener then I'm curious about how harsh the engagement is.
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Wheres it located? Ill try to look tomorrow. Would it matter that my car is JHM?
      wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
        Wheres it located? Ill try to look tomorrow. Would it matter that my car is JHM?
        I doubt it matters that the car is JHM. The dampener is a small cylinder with a hardline connected to it. It is bolted to a bracket that should be secured to the side of the passenger side shock tower.

Basically if you look on top of the tranny, there's a rubber line for the clutch fluid. If you trace that line backwards toward the firewall you'll see the dampener.

Comment

Yeah I think ive seen it then.
          wat?

Comment

Yeah I think ive seen it then.
            hmm ok well I'm about to delete mine. The hardlines, the brackets, the rubber hose, the dampener....all replaced by a braided ss -an line that I can tuck where I want. I know you'll be wanting to do some wire tucking so I thought you'd like to see that.

Comment

Sweet haha, let me know how different the clutch feels with the dampener removed.
              wat?

Comment

i did the same thing, that shit feels amazing.... trust me dont think about it. do it!

"Tucking tires and wires."
                The Chronicles.

Comment

How much does that run?
                  wat?

Comment

How much does that run?
                    The line from chasebays is $75. Its a little steep, but it is -an line, and you can get the teflon coating in clear, black, or smoked. Smoked for me when I order.

Comment

Not bad, i got some other things to take care of first, but its on my list lol.

Did a cap and rotor yesterday and it runs like 100x better, which is weird because it already ran 100x better then my old cb lol.
                      wat?

Comment

Not bad, i got some other things to take care of first, but its on my list lol.

Did a cap and rotor yesterday and it runs like 100x better, which is weird because it already ran 100x better then my old cb lol.
                        Enjoy your low, consistent idle while you can. I haven't had my car idling normal for almost 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                          Enjoy your low, consistent idle while you can. I haven't had my car idling normal for almost 2 years.
                          Mine doesnt either lol. it idles at 1k, and 1300 if the lights are on, its weird, i know the booster has a leak. I hope that solves the problem.
                          wat?

Comment

wat?

Comment

why don't you throw the EX's on it?

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

im just gonna geuss u shop at zumiez... lol
                                Bought From
                                Tommi
                                RiKan_BoY86

current s2k fund... $200

Comment

Working...
                                X