Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSMAccord
    replied
    Sally is looking excellent. I’m glad the tuning process has gone smoothly!

Leave a comment:

• UnicornHondaSE
    replied
    Cool.

No corn fuel up there huh ?

You could always get a Barrell of VP fuel delivered .

Eagerly awaiting 500 hp driving videos.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Originally posted by UnicornHondaSE View Post
    Damn dude, this is awesome, reminds me of my modded turbo car days. I miss the power for sure. I cannot imagine 500 hp in these little Accords with FWD. Gotta be insane roll on power in third gear. First and second useless unless you have the computer set to lower boost to (try and) prevent wheel spin.

Does the AEM have traction control?
    Clean install in the trunk, you can still fit a medium sized suitcase back there.
    You running this thing on E85 or pump gas or VP type race fuel?
    Great thread, thanks for posting pics and updates.
    Thanks for stopping by eh!! Much appreciated ! Yaaa it has launch control, speed by gear, etc. It will spin in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, but 3rd is the best gear. And I'm running pump gas (93) as that's all we have here. That's why I got the meth kit installed & it will help us reach 500HP.

Leave a comment:

• UnicornHondaSE
    replied
    Damn dude, this is awesome, reminds me of my modded turbo car days. I miss the power for sure. I cannot imagine 500 hp in these little Accords with FWD. Gotta be insane roll on power in third gear. First and second useless unless you have the computer set to lower boost to (try and) prevent wheel spin.

Does the AEM have traction control?

Clean install in the trunk, you can still fit a medium sized suitcase back there.

You running this thing on E85 or pump gas or VP type race fuel?

Great thread, thanks for posting pics and updates.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Originally posted by accordboi77 View Post
    Anytime I need ideas or motivation to finish my car I login and come straight to your MRT because I know there's always amazing stuff going on here. Glad to see the rebuild went good and congrats on the new Home!
    Awesome, I appreciate ya stopping by!

I will say the engine sounds so quiet now. It sounds like a new engine. I think the dyno runs broke in some seals and seat them with heat. And thanks to James @ RavenAutoSports, his tune got rid of so many issues with cold idle, other idle issues. He really did a new tune for the meth.
    3rd gear still is not a shift smooth anymore (missed a gear last year trying to quick shift), but that's just a synchro. But all can be fixed.

Forward on to the 500HP goal!!

On the boost juice

Leave a comment:

• accordboi77
    replied
    Anytime I need ideas or motivation to finish my car I login and come straight to your MRT because I know there's always amazing stuff going on here. Glad to see the rebuild went good and congrats on the new Home!

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Originally posted by G. Wiffington View Post
    Yeah maybe need to have it fabricated to the point where there are minimal couplers. Interesting you keep blowing couplers. How are the flairs/lips on the ends of the piping? Maybe even just having a new bead welded on the ends to give a better clamp would do the trick. Also, what kind of clamps are you using? I am curious because even with my setup on my F I have two weaker points that I thought I would sure have issue with but never did & have been to 23ish psi.
    We were blowing off at 17PSI and I can see why. It's a Tredstoneperformance F22 piping kit and one piece in the corner was hand made and the lip sucks. The couplers are too short for the angles. Sooo i think for now I'm just going to order longer couplers and that will allow me to get a better bite and not have one part of the clamp coming off BS. + the air leaks were an issue. Eventually do a V-Band setup on all the pipes + weld some together.

The car is back and running great! Picked it up from the tuners the other day. We are at the usual 15PSI, 400HP, but now running a methanol injection kit with a whole new tune. Also different tires (FireHawk Indy500 - 205/45/17), oil change, new inspection. We don't slip on the dyno anymore but the piping needs to be fixed. The engine sounds amazing and really ...air tight. I'm not a fan of the vibrations so I need softer engine mounts. Right now I'm running the ESPs and no idea where I would get softer mounts...

Ahhhhhhh I'm officially moving! My f'n neighbors are driving me nuts. Lesson learned, you can find the house of your dreams but asshat neighbors can ruin it all. But....... you'll see photos missing from the MRT etc, as they are hosted off the home server. Temporary outage from Oct21-25.

Leave a comment:

• G. Wiffington
    replied
    Yeah maybe need to have it fabricated to the point where there are minimal couplers. Interesting you keep blowing couplers. How are the flairs/lips on the ends of the piping? Maybe even just having a new bead welded on the ends to give a better clamp would do the trick. Also, what kind of clamps are you using? I am curious because even with my setup on my F I have two weaker points that I thought I would sure have issue with but never did & have been to 23ish psi.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Thanks all. I hear ya Rilas, just in the process of selling mine and looking to move.
    Thanks G! I still work on it a lot, just don't post as much here due to the lack of people.

Car is still at the tuners and he keeps blowing intercooler piping apart when trying to go above 17PSI. So..... not sure what we are going to do yet. Need better piping or weld more pieces together for less connection points.

Leave a comment:

• G. Wiffington
    replied
    AHHHHH my favorite CB7! You do such an amazing detailed job on every bit of the car. SO glad to see it back together. Guarantee easy 500HP! That's awesome about installing the Meth Kit, very curious to see how it reacts. What fuel are you normally on, if I didn't ask already?

Interesting about your issue with the car turning off. I am trying to remember exactly what happened with Dao's car when we were street tuning but pretty similar with the Balancer Belt coming off & throwing off the mechanical timing. Glad everything was alright with your setup. No biggie, small mishap.

Leave a comment:

• Rilas
    replied
    Well, I do have a water/meth injection kit on Lola with the supercharger went with a Snow setup. But pretty sure I bent a rod due to a lifted coil, and since buying a house, have no time to work on that project.

Looking good man, keep up the good work I wish I could be doing as well.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Originally posted by af_1132 View Post

There are only a few left, indeed. I can say with confidence that yours will be the only street driver CB7 with functioning water/meth injection system.
    And I believe a twin disc racing clutch...

Leave a comment:

• af_1132
    replied
    Originally posted by Raf99 View Post

lol... i think you're the only visitor these days....

She's at the tuners this week for a list of stuff. Tires, inspection, re-tune since engine tear down, & have him check it over. We need to re-tune it since the engine is different now. Nothing major but I can tell it "breathes" different. It's always good to have a 2nd set of eyes on the car too. The extra items were stuff like 2-step, rev limit, some ECU protection, and I think he's going to finish the meth kit install. He may just hit 500 HP while tuning not sure. We also may break the car & a good chance too. Let's be real here; we are trying to hit 500HP on 30 year old OEM parts. OEM axles! ha... If we hit 500HP I think I'm good. Goal reached. No more modding for the cb7. Just stupid to keep pushing it. If it was a new k series then that's a different story.

(lately for the past few weeks .... /months .. i've been itching to buy a tool cabinet. 52"... )
    There are only a few left, indeed. I can say with confidence that yours will be the only street driver CB7 with functioning water/meth injection system.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
    Clean install! Let’s see how it boosts the power output.
    lol... i think you're the only visitor these days....

She's at the tuners this week for a list of stuff. Tires, inspection, re-tune since engine tear down, & have him check it over. We need to re-tune it since the engine is different now. Nothing major but I can tell it "breathes" different. It's always good to have a 2nd set of eyes on the car too. The extra items were stuff like 2-step, rev limit, some ECU protection, and I think he's going to finish the meth kit install. He may just hit 500 HP while tuning not sure. We also may break the car & a good chance too. Let's be real here; we are trying to hit 500HP on 30 year old OEM parts. OEM axles! ha... If we hit 500HP I think I'm good. Goal reached. No more modding for the cb7. Just stupid to keep pushing it. If it was a new k series then that's a different story.

(lately for the past few weeks .... /months .. i've been itching to buy a tool cabinet. 52"... )

Leave a comment:

• SSMAccord
    replied
    Clean install! Let’s see how it boosts the power output.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X