JoshM : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDJ-7BC View Post
    You could always tuck your muffler if it scrapes bad enough. Anyway the cb is coming along nicely!!
    I'm getting a Vibrant muffler. I shouldn't have any problems with it scraping. Only thing I really have to worry about after I lwoer it more is the oil pan and trans housing.

And thanks!

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

they look good man. i say a smaller tire and an inch lower then you'll be good

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
        they look good man. i say a smaller tire and an inch lower then you'll be good
        Smaller tire than 195/60/14? That's already small. lol

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
          Smaller tire than 195/60/14? That's already small. lol
          55 or 50s. then you'll be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
            55 or 50s. then you'll be ok.
            On a 15" wheel, maybe. Not on a 14" though.

Edit: They're also nearly 3x's more per tire than 195/60/14. lol

1999 BMW M3
            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Nice wheels Josh. Are they OEM or were they just on the car when they got it?? Ive seen a 5G around here with factory meshies and i want them SOO bad!

Watch out using a spacer. I didnt think id need to, but i only had mine for a few months and it fucked me, but i had a 6.34mm spacer.

I have some questions regarding your "ride"...
              - Reupholstered - Burberry/Flannel
              Is that expensive, and where do you get it? Online?
              -- Vibrant 2.5" Muffler
              Why this one? Ive seen them in black and ive heard they are nice, but ive also heard they can be kinda loud...

Id put that FuzionHRi tire towards the bottom of your list, too.

And i have REAR Tan Leather Door Panels, if you ever become interested.

Car looks good, and its definitely coming together. If things keep going the way they have been, ill be slamming just in time for winter.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
              Originally posted by Jarrett
              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                Nice wheels Josh. Are they OEM or were they just on the car when they got it?? Ive seen a 5G around here with factory meshies and i want them SOO bad!
                I've never seen these on an Accord before. But, they were on the car when he bought the car new at the dealer. He even had a picture with the salesman and the car. The typical handshake in front of the car with him handing the buyer the keys.

Watch out using a spacer. I didnt think id need to, but i only had mine for a few months and it fucked me, but i had a 6.34mm spacer.
                Yeah, if they are even close to rubbing, I'll add a spacer. Depending on how they sit and how much room I have after lowering, I could add up to a 25mm spacer.

I have some questions regarding your "ride"...

Is that expensive, and where do you get it? Online?
                I bought the fabric at Hobby Lobby (a arts/crafts store). It was only about $40 for way more fabric than I needed.
                Why this one? Ive seen them in black and ive heard they are nice, but ive also heard they can be kinda loud...
                Yeah, sometimes they're loud, sometimes not. But, I heard this exact setup on Nic's old car, and it sounded great. Nice low rumble all through the RPMs.
                Id put that FuzionHRi tire towards the bottom of your list, too.
                lol. I've heard very mixed reviews on these. Some say they're the best damn tires for the price, but some others have the opposite review. The BFG's are at the top of the list at the moment.
                And i have REAR Tan Leather Door Panels, if you ever become interested.
                I'm buying some from New_Beginnings. I already sent the money for all 4.

Car looks good, and its definitely coming together. If things keep going the way they have been, ill be slamming just in time for winter.
                I can't wait to see your car dropped! That's the only thing it lacks.

1999 BMW M3
                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I've never seen these on an Accord before. But, they were on the car when he bought the car new at the dealer. He even had a picture with the salesman and the car. The typical handshake in front of the car with him handing the buyer the keys.

Damn, so they were dealer...Never seen them with the ARE caps, but ive seen them with "H" caps.

Yeah, if they are even close to rubbing, I'll add a spacer. Depending on how they sit and how much room I have after lowering, I could add up to a 25mm spacer.

25mm??? Can we say "EXTENDED STUDS"??

I bought the fabric at Hobby Lobby (a arts/crafts store). It was only about $40 for way more fabric than I needed.

No shit? Ill have to check that out. Ive been back there a time or two, but never saw any kind of pattern like that...

Yeah, sometimes they're loud, sometimes not. But, I heard this exact setup on Nic's old car, and it sounded great. Nice low rumble all through the RPMs.

Hmm...Im in the market for something new, but i think ill hold out for an RSR ExMag.

lol. I've heard very mixed reviews on these. Some say they're the best damn tires for the price, but some others have the opposite review. The BFG's are at the top of the list at the moment.

Yeah, BFGs for sure. Ive seen and heard mixed reviews on the HRi's as well, at work. Most of the guys dont like them, but a few really do, so..Im afan of BFG, Bridgestone and Dunlop.

I'm buying some from New_Beginnings. I already sent the money for all 4.

Fair enough.

I can't wait to see your car dropped! That's the only thing it lacks.
                  I know. After it and all my suspension parts, ill move to my exhaust and seeing about fixing all the problems and **hopefully** by spring/early summer next year, ill be able to fully enjoy it.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Damn, so they were factory...Never seen them with the ARE caps, but ive seen them with "H" caps.
                    May have been a dealer option.

25mm??? Can we say "EXTENDED STUDS"??
                    Not needed.
                    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H-R-T...=p4506.c0.m245

No shit? Ill have to check that out. Ive been back there a time or two, but never saw any kind of pattern like that...
                    They had several nice patterns. But, this one matched the best to OEM tan.
                    Hmm...Im in the market for something new, but i think ill hold out for an RSR ExMag.
                    If I had the money, I'd jump on lokuputha's (sp?) RS*R.

1999 BMW M3
                    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

May have been a dealer option.

I think so.

Not needed.
                      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H-R-T...=p4506.c0.m245

I'll be damned...I wonder if i should go that route instead of extended studs...

They had several nice patterns. But, this one matched the best to OEM tan.

Yeah. Im diggin the black/tan look, currently.

If I had the money, I'd jump on lokuputha's (sp?) RS*R.
                      Me too, lol. Things are happening and taking place, but in due time, ill get it and do things right. I feel kinda stupid, doing things cheap or half-assed and now im paying for it, literally.

Comment

I feel kinda stupid, doing things cheap or half-assed and now im paying for it, literally.
                        Yeah. That's how I felt with the Skunk2 springs/shocks. I spent a good amount of money on them and ended up regretting the decision within 2 months. I could have saved up another paycheck and got F2 Type-I's.
                        I'll be damned...I wonder if i should go that route instead of extended studs...
                        This route is a little more expensive. But, it's a MUCH easier install, and it can easily be reversed if you sell and want to put stock wheels back on without looking goofy.

1999 BMW M3
                        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Bought some 14x6 +35ish wheels this morning.

The guy bought a NEW 95 Accord for his wife, and these came on the car from the Honda dealership. After about 5-6 months the wife decided she didn't really like them, so he then bought her OEM 7-spokes. These have been sitting in his garage since then. They're immaculate.

Teaser:

These wheels + 195/55/14 + 1" to 1.5" lower = Sex

The wheel isn't actually installed in above picture. It's just sitting on the fanblade, being held up by a wheel weight.

I'm not sure on the offset. Going by charts online (based on the backspacing), they could be anywhere between +32 and +48. lol
                          I may get some spacers too after they're on.
                          those wheels are the twins to my ROH wheels I just sold
                          Me like
                          1993 Accord LX - Sold
                          93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                          92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                          2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                          2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                          2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                          2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                          2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

I this pic.I had to bring it to this page.

1999 BMW M3
                            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                              those wheels are the twins to my ROH wheels I just sold
                              Me like
                              Yes, very similar, just a little smaller.
                              I can't believe you got rid of them. They looked so good on your car!

1999 BMW M3
                              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Well, id like to rock my EXs in the winter as theyre wearing Blizzaks, and yeah, if i ever do sell, itd be goofy to have factory wheels on extended studs.

Comment

Working...
                                X