No announcement yet.

NycXeracer : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha yeah.. he was worried about that.. but its a cast iron header.. i mean.. dsm cars use cast iron turbo manifolds that reach crazy temperatures.. so i doubt wrapping it will make this crack.. now a flimsy DC header might if not wrapped correctly..

i swear i didnt mean to make nycx go crazy on the wrap.. he got bit by the thermotec bug or something.. and couldnt stop.. THERES EVEN MORE.. to our madness.. lol.. ull just have to wait and see..

btw.. he dropped about .3 off his 1/4 mile with all this stuff.. so YES it does work..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Header is fine as of right now, been inspecting it daily for any signs of cracks or whatever, I have found none. I did spray the collector with high heat thermotec spray paint, which I bet helps slightly. And wikked is right, I simply went mad with thermotec, I bought more and wrapped fuel lines, whatever I could find to keep cool, etc. Tommorow something is going back in, w00t. I might even do a vid if I'm feeling up 2 it. hah.
      My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

if i have my way our cars will look alot alike. Whats the official color of this car anyways?
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Ahem.. (clears throat).. lil update... slash history..

nycxeracer started out with
          AEM Cold air intake
          Custom 2.25" cat-back
          UR Pulley set

his G-tech proved him that he was high 16.7s.. not bad for the mods he had acquired..

now.. onto the funky stuff.. "wikked plans" that he has been undergoing

1-thermo-tec headerwrap
          2-thermo-tec intake sleeve
          3-thermo-tec heatshield wrapping
          4-thermo-tec heatshield spray
          5-bored out throttle body
          6-port matched plenum ( to throttle body)
          7.phenolic intake manifold gasket
          8.DeltaCam 260 (he already had it.. just we threw it back in)
          total (betweein thermotec/bored out tb/gasket/camshaft)
          = 321.00 (if u include 100 for the camshaft)

new times as of now with a full tank of gas and shit in the trunk

16.20 flat... ill let him post all the times he got..

cliffs
          old 1/4 mile time 16.7
          new 1/4 mile time 16.2

shaved HALF a second for 321.00

That is all

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

As u can see, Wikked plans rawk our cocks

very nice numbers NYC, rep us auto boys

Formerly 91AccordExR33
            11.68 @ 127mph
            417whp/375wtq
            Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Midnite racer= car is factory oem bordeaux red or somethin, basically burgundy, people have said it looks purple, hence why some have called me purply...I don't get it though, lol.

93accordexr=TYVM bro, slushbox for life...we MUST stick together and prove we can be faster than people think.

and Last but certainly not least...my tuner advisor Wikked= Thanx for posting times..and the help ofcourse. heh.

My times for 0-60 were consistenly 8.20-8.5 (some shitty launches here and there plus full tank and some crap in trunk)

My best 1/4 run was 16.20 as wikked posted, but I ranged from there to 16.6 on my worst run with a car in the other lane (had to switch while running 1/4).

Could I break the 16 mark for an auto n/a soon? Yes, I can and I will.

Comment

what r your tips on launching NYC? I tried a launch last night with a brake stand and it just bogged down...damn 225 40 18's

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                11.68 @ 127mph
                417whp/375wtq
                Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
                  what r your tips on launching NYC? I tried a launch last night with a brake stand and it just bogged down...damn 225 40 18's
                  Ok, great launching techniques for an auto are as follows: Don't brake stand, it's the worst, you will bog every single time, and after you do it this way you'll see the difference immediately.

1. Raise E-brake and hold it in place with your hand, press in button so u can easily pull it up and down.
                  2. Rev motor to 1700-1800 and hold
                  3. drop ebrake and don't floor it all the way like 90%
                  4. enjoy

Comment

do you keep it in fourth...or do you shift from 1st through 4th? ???
                    nice car btw...black rims are the best...sedans!

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
                      do you keep it in fourth...or do you shift from 1st through 4th? ???
                      nice car btw...black rims are the best...sedans!
                      Thanks a lot! I never "manually" shift the auto for several reasons, and there is plenty of debate on it, but best thing to do is leave it in D3 throughout the whole race (unless you are going to race over 100, but what's the point, our cars can't reach 100 in 1/4 anyway lol.) So yah, leave it in D3, if u shift, it has to be dead on, as good as the tcu, which is difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Nycxeracer
                        Thanks a lot! I never "manually" shift the auto for several reasons, and there is plenty of debate on it, but best thing to do is leave it in D3 throughout the whole race (unless you are going to race over 100, but what's the point, our cars can't reach 100 in 1/4 anyway lol.) So yah, leave it in D3, if u shift, it has to be dead on, as good as the tcu, which is difficult.
                        i manually shift all the time! i just shift around 6thousand rpm..higher than the TCU would allow... i dont know..im gonna try your method...and see which one is faster........

Comment

ooo!! ive been tryin to figure out a way of getting better launches on my AT tranny on my cb! i never thought abput that e-brake thing as he said..now i gotta try that! when i race i usually leave it in D4..and i used to leave it on neutral then rev it up 2 6000 rpm den shift to d4..but yeah now that i got an idea from you guys.. i gotta try this one first thing (4:00 AM ) tomorrow on the way to work hehehe..

nice! i love how u made the antenna..hows the reception? is it just like oem? becuase mine got the OEM wing and everytime i open the trunk it would rub on the wing bending the antenna and almost ripping it off..
                          Last edited by JDMedOUTCB7; 08-05-2005, 02:56 AM.
                          "
                          Fast and cheap won't be reliable
                          Cheap and reliable won't be fast.
                          And fast and reliable won't be cheap
                          "
                          ~EYCEE~

Comment

Originally posted by Nycxeracer

93accordexr=TYVM bro, slushbox for life...we MUST stick together and prove we can be faster than people think.

Could I break the 16 mark for an auto n/a soon? Yes, I can and I will.

Slushbox for life!! Never going to waste the money to do a swap!!!

Hope u can break the 16 mark for an auto n/a and NON-h22!!!

WOW!! keep it up

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

JDMedOUTCB7: I'm glad my technique could help out your slushy launches. The auto power can be unleashed! haha.

I_love_cb7: I've increased my rev limiter to 6800-7000rpms. I will post vids shortly to prove it, and explaining what I exactly did. Believe it or not, there is a little extra juice in that range that the cam really benefits from.

Comment

very cool bro. clean and nice. i have the same type r lip.nice look.

CB7 4 life

Comment

Working...
                                X