• Show
Clear All

lol you can see where he hit ther firewall lol .......i want one now lol

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

damn that was fast..

Originally posted by bagoon316
      nope, the h23 vtec is its own entity (sp?). i believe the h23a vtec had 220ish hp, and was put in accord wagons maybe?? i cant remember all the information exactly.
      the H23a VTEC had 200PS

also had a 4WD variant in the CL2 wagon. both are tiptronic

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
      Honda Accord Euro-R
      Honda Odyssey Absolute
      Honda City I-DSi
      Honda Stream

Comment

in an opinion.... mine that is...
        i love the idea he had creating this supercharde vehicle. although from the video it seems as though my freakin h22 would have blown it out of the water...

the video is verry poor with sun glare the whole freakin time... just driven and goosing it,, whitch goosing it should have slamed you in your seat,, whitch i didn't see.

i too got a verry taxing feeling watching 2 wires sticking from the dash hereing laughing.....

hope you get some better videos with a better tuned car...

remember tuning a supercharger and putting bolt on parts makes a big difference than turboing bolt on's,, read and you'll see what will help those hp #'s
        "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
          So wait, he's running N/A times w/a supercharged motor?

do you not read the other posts? he's not making power past 5k......and well we should ALL know thats when that motor makes its power
          Originally posted by jboyce
          i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

Comment

why isn't he making power past 5k?

Comment

Originally posted by DragonEye

Damn these are some nice pics...
              accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
              ....................My New Baby
              SOLD TO
              ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Originally posted by npor
                why isn't he making power past 5k?

At the time of his runs, he had a stock cat. The stock cat doesn't have much flow headroom at 130HP, so I imagine it is a severe limitation at 200+ WHP.

A stock 97-2001 Prelude with this kit puts down about 230WHP with a full exhaust and intake, utilizing a 2" collector DC Header. I would assume that with more displacement, a better flowing header and exhaust, a good tune, and perhaps a high boost pulley, that he could be putting down nearly 300WHP. This is the same size blower used on GM 3800s I believe, so it SHOULD have the headroom.
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                  At the time of his runs, he had a stock cat. The stock cat doesn't have much flow headroom at 130HP, so I imagine it is a severe limitation at 200+ WHP.

A stock 97-2001 Prelude with this kit puts down about 230WHP with a full exhaust and intake, utilizing a 2" collector DC Header. I would assume that with more displacement, a better flowing header and exhaust, a good tune, and perhaps a high boost pulley, that he could be putting down nearly 300WHP. This is the same size blower used on GM 3800s I believe, so it SHOULD have the headroom.
                  ****EDIT: i'm really not trying to beat the hell out of a dead horse and would love for someone to officially come up with a s/c h22 cb7. people have done much more difficult work on cars for sure, i know it can be done, but there are issues. i'll shut up about it after this post lol****

since you closed the other thread "because it had been settled", i want you to go measure an h23a and then measure an h22a.

the h23a was designed to shift the bulk toward the front more to allow for the awd tranny and electronics. it's also a design SPECIFICALLY for the accord, which has always had a slightly more protruding firewall than ludes of the same years.

the other h22's that came in accord in foreign countries were the same as the ludes, same castings.

why don't YOU just go do a test fit. on the 91 dx i test fit a lude JR s/c on, it did not fit.

i'm not sure if they redesigned it or if there are differences in the s/c itself, but the one i tested (3 years ago) did not clear the firewall and i'm not sure you could beat it in enough to make it clear.
                  Last edited by rickyduckworth; 09-13-2007, 11:01 PM.
                  ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
                      ****EDIT: i'm really not trying to beat the hell out of a dead horse and would love for someone to officially come up with a s/c h22 cb7. people have done much more difficult work on cars for sure, i know it can be done, but there are issues. i'll shut up about it after this post lol****

since you closed the other thread "because it had been settled", i want you to go measure an h23a and then measure an h22a.

the h23a was designed to shift the bulk toward the front more to allow for the awd tranny and electronics. it's also a design SPECIFICALLY for the accord, which has always had a slightly more protruding firewall than ludes of the same years.

the other h22's that came in accord in foreign countries were the same as the ludes, same castings.

why don't YOU just go do a test fit. on the 91 dx i test fit a lude JR s/c on, it did not fit.

i'm not sure if they redesigned it or if there are differences in the s/c itself, but the one i tested (3 years ago) did not clear the firewall and i'm not sure you could beat it in enough to make it clear.
                      I closed the other thread because it was turning into a flame fest, not because it had been settled.

Unfortunately, I don't have an H23 VTEC laying around, but I did some rough measurements with the H22 sitting in my car and his pictures.

1) the shock tower nut and the shock shaft itself is deadnuts in line with the EGR runner on the IM on both cars.

2) The driver's side engine mount bracket on both cars is in the same location, and the timing belt side of the engine lines up in the same spot on both cars.

Maybe you had a bigger blower, and his was the smaller version. I am not trying to say you are full of shit, or that you haven't done it, I am merely saying that based on what I can see, it looks like it would fit. His H23 VTEC seems to be sitting in the exact same location as an H22, based on hard points on the engine and chassis. I won't have an H23 anytime soon to verify, but perhaps I will follow in your footsteps and test fit on an H22, and prove myself wrong.

Comment

that shit sounds nice!!

H22 comin very soon

Comment

is it just me or does it sound like it falls on its face between gears? he should powershift too keep it in boost. aside from that, i bet it pulls hard. my turbo'd mustang did that, and my friend who built it before me, told me to just powershift it.....it made a world of difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Vtechno
                            is it just me or does it sound like it falls on its face between gears? he should powershift too keep it in boost. aside from that, i bet it pulls hard. my turbo'd mustang did that, and my friend who built it before me, told me to just powershift it.....it made a world of difference.
                            He explained why it fell on its face.

Comment

Working...
                            X