SNL* Twin-Loop muffler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aznpnoyracer
    sounds good! mine is higher pitch and really raspy, will a resonator do the job? and I have a test pipe, that woudnt defeate the purpose of the resonator right?

do you have a twin-loop? i would chuck the test pipe, and put a 18" or longer magnaflow resonator somewhere in the intermediate pipe. that'll tone down your rasp done to pretty much none

Comment

I have a 4-1 header, no cat. converter, 2.25" piping to 22" long resonator and OBX dual-tip muffler (still a straight-thru muffler). Mine is raspy at times and doesn't sound the greatest down low, but when you punch it...sounds more like a V8 then 4-cylinder. Overall, it's too loud though and it's my daily driver car so I want to be able to talk with friends, etc and not be like...what?!!?

What you experienced peeps that have fooled around with exhausts suggest to keep a deep tone, non-raspy throughout RPMs but aggressive sound when punched??

Is a high-flow cat. converter needed to keep raspiness down? Should I try that, then if that don't fully work...upgrade muffler to a twin-loop?

Does twin-loop impede exhaust flow much?
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
        I have a 4-1 header, no cat. converter, 2.25" piping to 22" long resonator and OBX dual-tip muffler (still a straight-thru muffler). Mine is raspy at times and doesn't sound the greatest down low, but when you punch it...sounds more like a V8 then 4-cylinder. Overall, it's too loud though and it's my daily driver car so I want to be able to talk with friends, etc and not be like...what?!!?

What you experienced peeps that have fooled around with exhausts suggest to keep a deep tone, non-raspy throughout RPMs but aggressive sound when punched??

Is a high-flow cat. converter needed to keep raspiness down? Should I try that, then if that don't fully work...upgrade muffler to a twin-loop?

Does twin-loop impede exhaust flow much?

i would try to put a cat on, that may help the rasp and loudness. and a straight through muffler is going to be loud most of the time. the twin-loop doesnt rob any power, it's just going through the pack twice, therefore creating less noise. if there IS ANY loss in power, it is minimally, and hardly noticeable. go twin-loop or go home

Comment

yea, i think a cat would help a bunch.

and I think the twin loop was designed to only reduce exhaust noise while not distrupting flow too much.

I read an article on H-T where some guy had gone to the track with x exhaust and then put on only the obx twin loop later and went to the track again. his times didnt change according to him.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
          X