X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much needed TLC... fixed paint photoshoot

BEFORE

AFTER

I got an orbital buffer and some Turtle Wax compound... got busy. I'm still pretty sore, but it looks good. I have to do the hood and roof again though.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

good work so far! u should try a paint cleaner, scratch removal, polish, then a wax. maybe even claybar it.... do what typeG does

anyways its definately time consuming..
    F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
    Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

rust > you.

paint looks mucho better though.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
        rust > you.

paint looks mucho better though.
        Yea I kinda gotta take care of that soon. I'm thinking next month.

Keep in mind though the bottom of the car was fine; in the first pic the bottom of the car is dirty. However, everything above the shoulder line was dull and oxidized. It was a lot of work, but it didn't take long to get each spot back to spec (except for the roof, which I'll be getting back to next week).

I definitely recommend this to everybody with oxidized paint... get a radial buffer from a professional detailing shop (not a random orbital, they're just good for cleaning shit up), and get various grades of compound. Also, get a shit load of terry cloths and wax applicators to clean off the gunk. Work your way up from the weakest compound until the paint looks how you want it to.

Again, my hood and roof still need work, as do the top of my bumpers... but I'm gonna get new bumpers and have them painted, so I'm gonna ixnay that. I'm very happy with the outcome though.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Shes coming along along slowly but surely...
          accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
          ....................My New Baby
          SOLD TO
          ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Was the car painted somewhere in its life? That doesn't look like OEM paint to me.

I'd still recommend just getting the car Maaco'd and have patch panels added. Deev's paint job was excellent for what it was, and he didn't pay all that much for it. I just don't know how far into it you want to go. I can just tell you that doing a full repaint at a real shop will run you much more money, and blending paint, especially red, won't give you the results you'll probably be looking for.

I'm just still interested to see where you go with this car.
            Last edited by AccordWarrior; 05-13-2007, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
              Was the car painted somewhere in its life? That doesn't look like OEM paint to me.

I'd still recommend just getting the car Maaco'd and have patch panels added. Deev's paint job was excellent for what it was, and he didn't pay all that much for it. I just don't know how far into it you want to go. I can just tell you that doing a full repaint at a real shop will run you much more money, and blending paint, especially red, won't give you the results you'll probably be looking for.

I'm just still interested to see where you go with this car.
              Actually this IS a Maaco paint job... the hood doesn't match because it's OEM Bordeaux Red; it's actually from Deev's old DX coupe...

I was thinking about getting a full paint job, but really, I'm gonna have to get another car at the end of the year, so I don't wanna go too crazy on this one. With a little more work the paint will be good enough for me, so really I just want to take care of the rust and possibly get and paint new bumpers.

My next step will probably be audio related. I'm also getting P/S, A/C, and possibly yoinking MRX's H22A map next weekend. But we'll see how things pan out.

Comment

Working...
              X