Kc T-storm Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kc T-storm Pics

So tonight as anyone here in Kansas City can tell you we are having a little thunderstorm. Nothing severe, the worst I have heard on the scanners is 1/2" hail and there was some close to that big in my front yard. They (the NWS) is still issuing all kinds of watches and even a tornado warning probably 40-50 miles south of KC. Looks like that part of the storm is heading almost straight east. So here are some pics..

Started out just looking peaceful and thought it would be a good photo op.

^^^^From front yard looking south

^^^^Again in the front yard looking south

^^^^Just up the street from my house looking south

^^^^Standing in the street looking east (clouds with the moon above)

^^^^Front yard looking southeast

Then the clouds got a little darker and the lightning started

^^^^Front yard looking southeast

^^^^Front yard looking south caught some lightning.

Then came the hail

^^^^ Front steps

Then it quit so I went to check the size

^^^^ Close to half an inch.

So how about a few pics of the CB in the rain.

Thats all I have. Thanks for looking.. Later

hail hit your ride?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf
      hail hit your ride?
      Yep

No garage

Later

Comment

damn dude that sucks that your ride was hit with hail... any major damage?

"click the picture for members thread"

Comment

Dude that really sucks!!! I guess this is the storm heading for IL. Fuck that means my car might be gettin hit up tomorrow too. But they say just major t-storms no hail but damn if that happens Id be pissed.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by PaQ_16
            damn dude that sucks that your ride was hit with hail... any major damage?
            No sir... As long as no windows break or any big dents then I am ok. So far nothing. And it looks like the worst of it has passed for now. Later

Comment

Here is a radar image for it at the moment.

It appears to be fairly well organized, which means it may very likely be a supercell thunderstorm.

They don't account for a high percentage of the total storms each year, but they are responsible for most hail that size and Tornado warnings.

Unfortunately, due to the terrain and warm moist tropical air mixing with the cold dry artic air, they are much more common in the midwest.

Glad to hear everything is ok.

By the way, there is a Convective Sigmet over that area which in pilot speak means bad JuJu.

The airliners are currently flying well around it or not at all.
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

They must be avoiding it I just checked the airport's website and its showing almost everything is on time. I just looked at a map of the watches and warnings and it is weird since it is only late February and they (the weatherguys) were saying we were going to get a dusting-2" of snow in the morning. lol. I am used to the messed up midwest weather but this I dont remember ever seeing a Thunderstorm Warnings and Tornado Warnings right next to Winter Weather Warnings. lol. I guess there is a first time for everything though. Later

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85
                  They must be avoiding it I just checked the airport's website and its showing almost everything is on time. I just looked at a map of the watches and warnings and it is weird since it is only late February and they (the weatherguys) were saying we were going to get a dusting-2" of snow in the morning. lol. I am used to the messed up midwest weather but this I dont remember ever seeing a Thunderstorm Warnings and Tornado Warnings right next to Winter Weather Warnings. lol. I guess there is a first time for everything though. Later

It is usually somewhat cyclical in that things like El Nino and La Nina have a profound effect on our weather.

Depending on which airport you are talking about, it is very possible that they are coming in around the south.

The airplanes just flying over are diverting either north or south, although since it is moving to the NE, the preferred route would be south.

You don't want to be within 20-40 miles of that thing.
                  The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Yeah I was talking about KCI..

I dont know if anyone here is familiar with the I-35 at 87th Street intersection, in Lenexa that was just rebuilt.. But they just completed rebuilding it a month or two ago and it was supposed to be so big and badass... Turned on the news a few minutes ago and they were showing this...

Lake I-35 at 87th Street..

Looks like they forgot the drainage system. 4 lanes down to just the shoulder.

EDIT: It is kind of hard to see all the water but there is a lot all laked up on the highway. Enough to cover 4 lanes anyways. Later

Comment

Here is a better look at the Lake on the highway. Later

Comment

We had t storms, tornados, rain and hail today in fort lauderdale also around 2:30pm. It was a freak that only hit part of FTL. I was so scare that the hail was gonna ding/dent my car.
                        1993 Accord LX - Sold
                        93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                        92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                        2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                        2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                        2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                        2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                        2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Just an update::::

The sirens were going off for about 5-10 min here in JoCo. I went outside to take a look and see if my ass was going to be blown away. It was cold as hell outside, it went from like 72 to mid 40's in a couple of hours. Yea big drop. anyhow, its raining its butt off right now as I type, and I am just chilaxin hahahaha. ok that was my update. oh and the sirens quit going off but its still really really weird outside, I want to see some damn tornados dang it.

Nicole

Nicole
                          MY RIDE

Yes, I am a chick!!!!!

Comment

your not jdm unless u have jdm dents in ur car..

^hail damage last year
                            <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Wow man FL has some CRAZYASS weather but hail I dunno know how im gonna take that. Bro I hope it didnt damage the cb badly..
                              accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                              ....................My New Baby
                              SOLD TO
                              ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Working...
                              X