Lovely day the track Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely day the track Saturday

Well, here are a few shots from the track this past Saturday. I went a personal best of 13.2 @ 104mph with a 1.87 60foot. I had a great time, weather was real proper. A few more go-fast parts are on order and 12.50's are hopefully in the near future. My shift points were off, probably because was tach is off, so my times should be a bit faster, we'll see.

Enjoy!

I have a few more pictures I'll post tomorrow.

The tire isn't flat. It had 9psi in it at that time.

Vroom Vroom

Holla boo boo
    wat

awesome time man. what other go fast parts do you have in line in order to get into the mid 12's?
    edit: love the plate as well.
    2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
    2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

13.2 is a great time! You'll get into the 12's soon enough.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
      91 accord lx (5spd)
      92 accord lx (5spd)
      93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

New parts are a 2.5" o2 housing, 3" downpipe, electric cut-out and a dyno re-tune. More boost? Hmm, dunno.

Yeah, I love the license plate! Some people get it, most don't.

Thanks for the compliments Nate, I hope to see 12's in the first part of December.
        wat

Comment

What psi did you have your tires at when you ran the 13.2?

Midwest car club

Current rides:
          91 accord lx (5spd)
          92 accord lx (5spd)
          93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

Raised them to 12psi and removed the mudguards so I would stop tripping the staging lights.

P.S. Those are slicks in case anyone was curious.
            wat

Comment

Do you think if you played around the psi that maybe you could of got a flat 13.0? Of course you did have a 1.87 60ft and that's pretty damn good.

Do people usually run their slicks that low on air?

Midwest car club

Current rides:
              91 accord lx (5spd)
              92 accord lx (5spd)
              93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

My shift points were off and varied. I lost ground at the top of the track, not at the start. Need a re-tune and some more power. We pulled some timing up top a few weeks ago to eliminate any detonation we might of being hearing, airing on the side of caution.

And yes, in FWD cars you usually run a low PSI in the slicks.
                wat

Comment

nice man! ur gettin closer dude....whered you pick them slicks up and how much? i was debating on gettin slicks, but i dont want any axle trouble

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                  11.68 @ 127mph
                  417whp/375wtq
                  Sold: 8/2016

Comment

So how do the slicks feel compared to the street tires you were using before?

Midwest car club

Current rides:
                    91 accord lx (5spd)
                    92 accord lx (5spd)
                    93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

fast shit man...I remember way back in the day the Viper GTS was like 12.8 so props.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                      "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                      "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Nice, an LBM sedan doing low 13's. Im impressed. Hope you hit 12's with those new parts.
                        -Mark-
                        CB7
                        CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                        Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by straightedge
                          Turbo F22A6 SOHC, STOCK block @ 9psi
                          269 whp / 245-ish wtq
                          13.2 @ 104mph [1.87 60ft]

Way to rep the stock-block goodness man! Those are some impressive numbers Hows the tranny holding up?
                          DEVOTE

Comment

91accord: I got the slicks locally for 150 for the pair. They are 22x8x15 so they're a little smaller than I wanted, but they'll be fine for the rest of the event. I put some BRAND NEW not reman'd axle in the day before the track and I had and have zero problems now. I was launching at 5,000 RPM and it hooked and went, no tire spin.

Nate: Let's just say I am never going to drag on street tires again. Drag slicks make it a whole different ball game and make the car feel 100x better!

Starchland: I feel this car is hardly comparable to a Viper, but thanks a ton!

Accord22: LBM? I hope to be a mid 12 with those parts and a retune. I'm hoping with those things I'll also kick the shit out of the 300whp mark.

lokuputha: Thanks! This block has 150k+ on it and when I pulled the head, the walls were clean, the pistons were clean and I have no problems with metal flakes or anything! The tranny is holing up good. It's also an F22A6 transmission with, shit, I don't know how many miles. Fluid is clean, shifts are smooth, no grinds, and it holds my 5,000 RPM launch!
                            wat

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                              Nice, an LBM sedan doing low 13's. Im impressed. Hope you hit 12's with those new parts.
                              Don't worry Mark, that's not LBM...It's Concord Blue I think. We still have time to hit our 12's.

Amazing work there Straightedge...but only 13's? C'mon, my lawnmower runs that in reverse...and I have to push it.

Comment

Working...
                              X