Installed Coupe Leather Seats and Trunklid pics *56k no*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installed Coupe Leather Seats and Trunklid pics *56k no*

I started this earlier in the week, I got the trunk and backseat in, then I had to stop because I had to go to work.

anyways, this is what i found under my backseat.

Let's look closer at that mound in the middle!

I wonder if a mouse lived there once or something, thats a nicely sized mound of lint!

Anyways, heres what coupe backseats look like in a sedan.

This is the only discrepancy I could find.

My puppy likes the front seats.

97 coupe Front seats installed with autobelts! (this took alot longer than expected.)

There was still some gunk on the seats from Eric's Turbo stickers.

After a thorough cleaning, however, it looks ALOT better.

The rejected interior.

NEW-ish trunklid! (Ill get a better picture in the morning.)

Old trunklid.

The reason I needed a new one?

I wouldnt want to cut my fingers on that!

Stupid power seat rails making my job harder than it has to be.

And, all the change I found under the seats. Turned out to be at least 6.25 (I didnt count the pennies)

The reason it took me so long to install the front seats was because I wanted to (actually HAD to) keep the old autobelts. This was a cinch for the passenger side seat, the inner rail swapped from my 90, and the outer rail stayed, and it was done. The drivers side was a problem because of the power seats though. In the end, I ended up taking the leather cover off the seat, taking the foam bolstering off the seat, and unbolting the two bolts that are on the seatback. I realized I didnt have to do as much work as I did when I was doing the same to the cloth seats, mostly because I could just lift the bolstering up and get to the bolts on that seat.

All in all I like it, and for what I paid for it (the donation to the site, plus gas money for Ben) its well worth it, even though they are a little beat up.
    -Mark-
    CB7
    CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
    Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

looks great good job
    Members Ride

Comment

dayum looks nice bro. very nice upgrade, i am jealous.

nice lint mound too. did you keep it or leave it there
      PM me if you found this!!

Comment

so coupe rear seats do fit in a sedan.. ahaha i have this parts car sitting in my back yeard and i thought i wouldn't be able to use any of the interior for it
        1991 Accord LX - R.I.P. you are missed..

1999 Accord EX-V6
        [AMR coilovers/Progress rear sway/NRG strut tower bar/AEM V2 CAI/Morimoto H1 retro/Racing Sparco wheels]

Comment

i believe that lint is factory installation. i've seen it behind the rear tray as well on mine. that doesn't show evidence of mice. however, this car must have had some harsh times, i've never seen a trunk rusted out like that. however all those areas are where water can get to.
          '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
          EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

nice man looks good

Comment

My old trunklid lives!

How's the paintmatch?

Comment

Not a fan of the tan mismatching interior. But hey those stock other seats (your old ones) someone might want them?

- Zipcreature
                Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

can i have the recliner handle on driver side off ur old seats?>

Comment

ah i see not bad.

Only thing is is the rear seat how you have that little gap near the door.

Comment

Originally posted by zipcreature
                      Not a fan of the tan mismatching interior. But hey those stock other seats (your old ones) someone might want them?

- Zipcreature
                      Im not the biggest fan of the mismatching interior either, but Im dealing with it, mostly because I like the leather so much.

I actually threw the old interior out because the seats were getting pretty worn. it wasnt TOO aparent, but I didnt think it was going to be worth the trouble, and my mom was ALREADY bitching at me cuz they were taking up space in teh garage.

Im using the old plastic peices, because I like the little holders for the lap belts. you can have a tan passenger side one if you want. its the only one I didnt throw away yet. (because its still on the car.)

and Mike, the color matches almost perfectly actually. i need to get some adhesive remover for the marks the pinstriping left, and so I can take off the Honda badge and the residue left from the Accord badge, but its about a millions times better than my old trunk. I cant thank you enough for holding it for me.
                      -Mark-
                      CB7
                      CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                      Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Glad to see them installed Mark, leather is a wonderful thing!
                        Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

thank the people who sat in yoru car and lost the 6.25 or whatever thats lunch break food right there while doin the project hee hee. And your dog is funny he was checkin shit out while you was puttin stuff together and he or she figured they jsut start taking over youer stuff.

Comment

Working...
                          X