No announcement yet.

My CB7 project car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey EJ, anything new done to your car? haven't seen any updates...
    Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by aww_shiet
      cool! we could swap parts then, unless you wanna meet up sooner.. LMK
      Dude...I was actually shooting for this weekend. Hopefully I will have enough funds to buy your parts. If not, we can wait until the next meet.

hey EJ, anything new done to your car? haven't seen any updates...
      Not yet bro. Probably gonna replace my Brake Master Cylinder this weekend though.
      My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

yo whats up man. Nice project, its come a long way in a short time and its lookin good. I got a question for ya did you use an actual flat black automotive paint to paint your car or what exactly did you use cause i really like it and I've wanted to do flat black for a while now i just haven't been sure if I should just use a black primer or a black basecoat and not clear it or what so any help would be appreciated. Thanks man...and again great lookin car, love the drop

Comment

Originally posted by Skunk138cb7
          yo whats up man. Nice project, its come a long way in a short time and its lookin good. I got a question for ya did you use an actual flat black automotive paint to paint your car or what exactly did you use cause i really like it and I've wanted to do flat black for a while now i just haven't been sure if I should just use a black primer or a black basecoat and not clear it or what so any help would be appreciated. Thanks man...and again great lookin car, love the drop

I used flat black basecoat. It's not totally flat(like black primer would be). It's more like satin or low gloss black. Bu I am satisfied with it....Later on, I will paint it glossy black. Yeah I love the drop too! It just needs some rims(maybe Omar Aww_shiet wants to donate his when he gets his new rims. hint hint lol ). But I was surprised at how smooth it rides...it's nothing compared to stock springs, but I thought it was going to ba a lot worse. Also, I love how there is almost no body roll when I corner.
          My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

thanks for the help man, also did u paint it youself with that little compressor you had in your first post?

Comment

Yeah. It works pretty good. You just have to paint fast and pause every 10 minutes so the tank can refill.
              My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

awesome, didnt mean to hijack your thread but i been meaning to paint my car and i got everything but a compressor and if i can get a cheap one just to lay down some black primer for now...well then, anyway thanks for the info and again great job on the car

Comment

dont worry about it dude. anyways, I got my Craftsman compressor for $80 on sale.
                  My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

im liking the flat black color.....that looks vintage
                    92 CB7 *Sold $3300 102K Miles 4 door LX

94 Del Sol *Baught $3300 80K Miles on chasis
                    and 60K miles on b18b1 motor swap

Comment

Thanks man. Yeah the flat black is temporary...but I still like it!
                      My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

what color would u consider putting if you're not keeping the flat black?

Comment

what color would u consider putting if you're not keeping the flat black?
                          Gloss Black
                          My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

Originally posted by JDM_EJ
                            Gloss Black

nice! will you do it yourself or shop?

Comment

...btw, if you still have some flat black paint left, you should spray your wiper arms. i did mine and it looks pretty bad azz!

Comment

nice! will you do it yourself or shop?
                                If I have time, I'd rather do it myself.

...btw, if you still have some flat black paint left, you should spray your wiper arms. i did mine and it looks pretty bad azz!
                                I should huh? ...I will...Probably tomorrow if I have time...
                                My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

Working...
                                X