No announcement yet.

My CB7 project car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea those are, the headlights,bumper,grill,corners, etc etc are not the same form 90-91 92-93

thanks to phempa for teh sig!

Comment

umm...if im not mistaken, I think the corners are 92-93...the bumper was chopped up...and there is no grille...i know the 90-91 and 92-93 front ends were different...my question was, are the headlights 90-91 or 92-93? how come some peple have horizontal lines accross their headlights?
      My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

From your pictures the headlights do kinda resemble 90-91.But your previous corners looked to have been 92-93.My way of explaining the difference is the curvature of the headlights is different.90-91's to me seem to be a little more flat.Make any sense?lol prolly not, at any rate good luck!

Comment

Dang...you guys freaked me out on that one! here...I cleared this up...I found the old, broken grille...and I stuck it in there...to my understanding, If it was 90-91, it would seem flat compared to the grille, and I would have some fitment issues...here's some pictures...

I adjusted the headlight forward and down...so that's why it looks like it doesn't fit...

What a relief! I thought I would have to buy some new haedlights...btw...did you notice how dark it is outside? that's how late I get home...*sigh*...thanks guys...
          My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

Hate to say it, but they still look like 90-91 headlights.
            The curvature of the lens on your headlights should meet up with the new corners you have.Third pic down you can really see how flat your headlight lense is compared to your cornerlight lense.

These are of course EDM corners, but it will give you a good idea of what Im talking about.

90-91

92-93

Comment

dang it Josh. I think you are right! I'll have to take those off and take a closer look...dang. Why do have to know so much man...maybe you can sell me your projectors while you install those blackhouse oem's...how about it? thanks for the heads up though man...I'll take those off as soon as possible to look at...
              My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

The car looks like it's in good shape body wise, just needs some cosmetics like paint and thats really it. It shouldn't be too much work to get it turned into a nice whip.

What is up with the front bumper? Did the previous owner shave the molding strip off or is it an aftermarket bumper hacked up?
                Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Good grab man! she's already primered, you just gotta *___insert color here___*. Also, with the lack of a grille you can also *___insert grille here___* Ive got some clear bumper lenses i might be willing to sell you. They're for a 9293 so once you finally figure out whether its a 9091 or 9293, if you're interested in the lenses, PM me and we'll talk. Good luck man!

I Wish Your CB7 Godspeed.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                  Originally posted by Jarrett
                  Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Rebels: I have no Idea dude...I'm in the process of buying a front bumper from Omar(aww_shiet)...

greencb7inkc: Yeah...once I get my bumper...we'll talk...and thanks bro.
                    My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

Also..watch out for the antenna..mine worked, but made a clicking noise and only went up half way. Instead of buying a whole new motor, etc, i just threw on one of them black rubber stubbies..its up to you.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                      Originally posted by Jarrett
                      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I'll probably do that too...like the S2K antenna swap...
                        My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

Originally posted by rebels
                          What is up with the front bumper? Did the previous owner shave the molding strip off or is it an aftermarket bumper hacked up?
                          Hey...I just took the bumper off to install the support I got from xwade...surprisingly, the bumper looks OEM...it even has some of the original green paint on the inside of it...If he did shave the molding, it looks super clean...
                          My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

hmm... very interesting bumper. Looks like things are coming along well. All the best for the rest of the project!

Members Ride Thread

Comment

thanks man...yeah...Im lookng for a bumper right now...i'll keep you guys posted...
                              My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

Update...Just did the rear disc swap...my advice...the whole project is fairly easy...but make sure you have (or you can rent from autozone for a $35 deposit) a brake caliper spreader...because you cant use a c-clamp on the rear calipers...the e-brake gets in the way. So I drove the car...and it turns out that the rotors are warped...so it looks like i will be stopping by autozone tomorrow...I will try to get some pictures up here soon.

Also, Omar(aww_shiet) is selling me a bunch of parts this coming weekend. After that, all I will need is a rear bumper, then I can paint it...I want to paint it either white or black...so it looks like my project will be coming together sooner than I had originally planned. Stay tuned!
                                My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

Working...
                                X