shitty day and some black housing headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shitty day and some black housing headlights

ok well this is the second time doing this since i just erased it . Mike and i decide to do some diy black housing headlights today and install his 5th gen lip. it was kinda shitty out but we said wtf and did it anyway.

here is a pic of mike preping the headlight for baking

and here they are after all the paint and being put back together

my car

mikes car

both of our cars togther

well we had a good day, we where both very happy with the outcome. It was a lot easier then we tought it was going to be. i think it the headlights and lip makes mikes car look so much better.
    cb7 sold
    2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
    95 accord lx daily driver

lol fuc*ing twins lovin it...hot ass look, my turn!

Comment

how long did it take you to do the headlights and on a scale of 1 to 10 how hard was it??

Comment

well it took like 6 hours to do both cars. i would say about a 5. it want that hard at all just put them in the oven 225 for 10 mins a peace and use a screwdriver to pull apart it was easy. only pain in the ass was tapping them up.
        cb7 sold

Comment

Lower it Mike
          pics were great tho guys
          nice work

Comment

looks great guys!

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

That looks so good and you guys did a really professional job with it, I've been thinking about doing it myself...but I'm worried it won't look good on a lighter colored car, because I've done the clear corners, clear bumpers, mesh grill route...and I just think that it would clash too much

Comment

Thanks.
                We have some minor blemishes on the inside, but overall it came out nice. You relly can't see anything wrong unless you're looking for it.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I would say it's like a 3 or 4... Not hard at all. It's a bit nerve-racking when prying the glass off, but once you get it down it's not bad. It's easy with 2 people, but would be a little harder with just one. Two people can pry faster, disassemble and reassemble the car faster, and keep each other company while things are baking and drying. And having someone's mom around to make roast beef sammiches isn't a bad thing either (thanks mom).

accordzoom, thanks for the cool pic
                I DO need to drop it. I'm looking at a 1.75" drop for my next major mod. THEN some wheels... I hate to do so many superficial mods, but my car isn't looking as good as it runs! At least the headlights were cheap... Well, free for me, for now.

Jay, I'll deduct my half of the cost of that from what you owe me for the motor mount inserts... which are on backorder, by the way... :-(

Comment

Deever thanks for the support man appreciate it. Your car came out looking bad ass man

92AccordDx. You car looks sick specially with the darker colour of the car it just flows with the lights..you should put z3 fenders just to make it stick out.
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                  Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                  made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

92accordDx did you paint your grill black or take it out?

You should do a DIY on it

Comment

He got a 90-91 grill and hollowed it out.
                      I almost painted mine that day... We ran out of time, and I think I'm glad I didn't

Comment

Originally posted by Deevergote
                        And having someone's mom around to make roast beef sammiches isn't a bad thing either (thanks mom).
                        mom's are the best!

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

damn man just thinking about them sandwiches she made is making me hungry. they where so good
                          cb7 sold

Comment

Post a close up pic of what you had to tape off. The USDM's are different then the JDM's. I might want to black out my USDM's and maybe fine some good quality Amber corners (Cause the ones I have suck dick).
                            My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

sure busted ill try and get one for ya tommorow. basically you all the surfaces that are not flat in the headlight
                              cb7 sold

Comment

Working...
                              X