Our 93 10th Anniv. LX auto sedan - Frost White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 91 EX-R
    too bad the engine seized up man. that sucks.

at least you happen to have a spare engine that you can use to get this thing back on the road. its just so clean! i wish mine looked that good.

keep it clean man.
    This is my mom's 93 LX, my dad had rust in rear quarter panels fixed, that's why it looks good. This is not my personal car, just in the family.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

dam if the rims wer perfect it wouldve ben completly mint still looks good though

H22 comin very soon

Comment

Last night with a friend, we completed the F22a4 motor rebuild for this car. The motor is ready to reinstall and reconnect everything up to it. The engine is completely sealed up with new gaskets, seals, O-rings, hoses and had the head reconditioned with new valve stem seals, valve job, resurface and 2 new exhaust valves for cylinder #3 that had burnt valves. The Megan Racing header downpipe bracket broke away from the piping leaving a couple holes that need to be re-welded we noticed as well.

Anyhow, this F22a4 motor was my original 1991 Accord EX 5spd motor for this car, for those that don't know the history that had close to 180,XXX miles on it. The block remained untouched, just new oil pan gasket since it was fine, but the head was redone.

Comment

Motor was fully installed/connected today, all fluids filled and started right up. It runs great, no leaks, no overheating, drove it home today and all good. It will be test driven for 1-2 days to verify all is good, then it goes back to my mother's use. Another Accord revived!

BTW: The old F22a1 motor had both balance shafts seized up and perhaps it was due to oil pump contamination from the low oil psi caused by front balance shaft seal walk-out. The previous owner did not install the retainer at it's 100K miles Tbelt interval. My dad bought the car from co-worker thinking since the Tbelt was done it was fine, needless to say we bought car with 124K miles and by 138K miles the seal walked out. It lasted another 7000 miles after I replaced all front seals and did full Tbelt job, then had enough, the damage was already done at 138K miles, it was too late. I think the use of Mobil1 5W30 is was allowed that 7000 mile period, I'm still astounded at the abuse these Honda motors can take.
            Last edited by HondaFan81; 11-30-2007, 05:08 AM.

Comment

We need to see more pics cisco...and you gotta come back to the sunshine state..
              accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
              ....................My New Baby
              SOLD TO
              ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Originally posted by accordtypeR
                We need to see more pics cisco...and you gotta come back to the sunshine state..
                Keep in mind, this is NOT my white project Accord, this thread is for my mother's automatic 93 LX cb7. Just wanted you to make sure. I don't care to take pics of this car, it's not mine. I've just done some work on it.

Picture stock 93 LX 10th anniv, Greddy exhaust, SS cat. converter and SS megan racing header with K&N drop filter. That is the extent of mods, otherwise its stock and everything works. Oh, it does have remote start and remote door locks.

Comment

Ohh okay I cant wait to see the beast.
                  accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                  ....................My New Baby
                  SOLD TO
                  ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

This car is done, set ignition timing dead nuts 15 deg BTDC, parents came over to shop tonight to pick it up.

Comment

Working...
                    X