Our 93 10th Anniv. LX auto sedan - Frost White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice...

I always liked how the SE's and 10th Anniv editions had painted moldings but black skirts...

Looks good...
    RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Originally posted by mrvinyl33
      Was the suspension that worn out that it needed all of the above? Or was it just something you wanted to take care of for future use all at the same time?
      Suspension is not something I or my family messes with. I go through and have gone through every CB7 we have and restored the suspension more or less. Everything that needs replacing joint-wise is a high priority because I don't want accidents happening with MY FAMILY MEMBERS! That's something my dad and I actually see eye to eye on and sometimes I've even fronted money on my dad's cars to get things done because of safety reasons. After working on cars, I realize how many idiots have to be on the road that never check out their cars that at any second could cut across a few lanes from losing control of their car and hit you head-on, all because they were too lazy and ignored a outer tie-rod joint that they knew was bad but did not replace. Nuf said...
      Last edited by HondaFan81; 10-22-2006, 02:46 AM.
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Accord Vehicle Info:

1993 Accord LX auto

Symptom:

Oil level suddenly decreases drastically and low oil pressure light goes on. Oil was 4 quarts low and holds 4.5 quarts with the oil filter I use, etc.

Cause:

Front balance shaft walked out 1.5 - 2 inches and leaked oil out of motor when running severely.

Price:

About $150 for all new OEM replacement front engine seals, balance shaft seal retainer, full timing belt package parts, distributor O-ring, no valvecover gasket/seals because they were replace recently and are in good shape.

Notes:

I feel that since we've been using Mobil1 5W-30 synthetic motor oil, it saved the motor. My mother drove approximately 5-6 miles with the low oil pressure light on and the motor still turns freely and started/idled with no awkward noises. This Accord was bought with 124K miles from dad's coworker, it has almost 139K miles on it now. I looked at records and timing belt job was done at 97K miles, so it obviously was not done by a Honda dealer as they did NOT install a balance shaft seal retainer, which would have prevented this problem.

Comment

Good to hear you fixed that problem. Cars body still looks straight even though you said you fixed the rust. Clean man.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

sounds like my old problem. when are you planning on do all this? maybe make a diy?

Comment

Damn that mother looks good!

So tell me, with 5 CB7's in your household...which two get garage privlages?
              00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Originally posted by sublime
                sounds like my old problem. when are you planning on do all this? maybe make a diy?
                everything has been removed for the Tbelt job and front engine seal job, will install new stuff sometime this week or next. Not in as a rush because my mother has another car she can drive.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhonda
                  Damn that mother looks good!

So tell me, with 5 CB7's in your household...which two get garage privlages?
                  Sup bro, good to hear from you. Hope things are good with ya.

Well currently in our 2 door garage, the 2001 Odyssey is parked for the winter and the other bay is open with junk in it.

So all 5 cb7s (not including the 91 SE auto sedan you liked that's my sister's in Illinois), are being out of the garage.

91 DX 5spd coupe (mine) - my current daily driver
                  91 EX 5spd seadan (mine) - parked, awaiting project progression

91 EX auto sedan (sister's ) - her current daily driver
                  90 EX 5spd sedan (brothers's) - his current daily driver
                  93 LX auto sedan (mother's) - in garage being worked on, later to be driven by my mom

Comment

props to you,bro.I wish i had a CB family! I like how your sedan is your project car and the coupe is daily,same with me and one of my friends.

Comment

nice looking cb bro...keep it coming...
                      accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                      ....................My New Baby
                      SOLD TO
                      ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

I'm currently finishing out the new OEM front engine seal job and timing belt job package on this car.

My dad just had me order him a Greddy SP2 exhaust system for this car to complete the full stainless-steel exhaust. It has a Megan racing 4-2-1 SS header and SS catalytic converter already. After the exhaust gets fixed, he wants to put in a remote car starter on this car since it's an automatic and it's my mom's car. Also, A/C recharge.

This car is getting hooked up all the sudden!

Note: Reason for front engine seal replacement because the front balancer shaft seal walked out 2" from the block. Previous owner did the first timing belt job on his own or at a shop that didn't put that retainer in!! I think Mobil1 5W-30 that we run on all our cars saved the engine, it was 4 qts low on a 4.5 qts system, when my mom drove it in!

Comment

I've got those same wheels on the 93 ex coupe I just bought. Anyways white CB's are always pretty, and 10AE's are always nice to see.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                          where you been, is something wrong?
                          i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Well, this car's motor is done. 7,000 miles after doing that T-belt job after my mom drove alteast 7 miles with low oil psi light on (front balance shaft seal walked out, previous owner never put retainer on first Tbelt job of this car's life) the motor overheated and is partially seized up. It turns, but very rough and slow. Coolant puddle was under car according to my dad when he called tow truck for my mom because she was stranded in going to work. Engine went first, then overheated causing coolant to overlow the resorvoir leaking all over that area (including filling battery tray with coolant).

Oh well, I'm just personally pissed after all the work I've done to that car's brakes, suspension and motor they (my parents, mom) trashed it. She should have known better than to keep driving when low oil psi came on. Whatever, I'm not about to get tied down into this car again installing a new motor or something like to that extent, I need to get my white project accord finished.
                            Last edited by HondaFan81; 09-26-2007, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Update: This car is inheriting my original F22a4 engine from my white Accord project. The head is being restored (valve job, resurface, valve stem seals and replacement of any needed valves) and reinstalled on the block. I already removed this F22a4 motor from my white Accord project, but my current focus is obviously on my own project.

Later, I'm going to help with the motor swap in this 93 LX Accord, I'll be making a profit of it as well since it is my buddy that is doing the work at his shop . My dad doesn't know this or that he is getting my old motor , things work themselves out in the end after all the work I've done for him.

Comment

too bad the engine seized up man. that sucks.

at least you happen to have a spare engine that you can use to get this thing back on the road. its just so clean! i wish mine looked that good.

keep it clean man.
                                Originally posted by deevergote.
                                And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

Working...
                                X