Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our 93 10th Anniv. LX auto sedan - Frost White

REVIVED 11/29/2007!!

It's a 4-door automatic and the rear fender rust was fixed. For those that don't know, this trim came with 4-wheel disc ABS. Here it is after I washed it and getting ready to store it in the garage. It's one of my dad's 3 CB7s. I have 2 of my own, which most of you know as my Red and White project cars. So yea, we have 5 CB7s.

Anyways, this car is mint. Here is a break-down of all the work I've done to it and it's only had 2,000 miles put on it in our possession!! We bought it with 124K miles and it has 126K miles on it now.

Work I've done to it:

- Full tune-up
    - New front shocks & springs
    - New rear rotors & pads
    - New heater core
    - New Koyo radiator, radiator hoses & thermostat
    - New front CV shafts
    - New front upper arms
    - New outer tie-rods
    - New front-driver lower ball-joint
    - New front-driver wheel bearing & hub assembly
    - New front-driver master window control switch panel
    - New CD headunit installed (stock speakers)
    - Greddy SP2 stainless-steel exhaust system
    - Megan 4-2-1 stainless-steel header
    - Stainless-steel catalytic converter
    - Remote car starter
    - A/C recharge
    - New OEM A/C condensor & receiver

NOTE: Motor overheated/seized up 146,XXX miles 7/25/2007. At 138,XXX miles the motor had a front balance shaft seal leakage, but the motor still turned over and the following work was performed:

- Full timing belt package, replaced all front engine seals, balance shaft seal retainer
    - Full valvecover gasket/seal replacement (lower tube seals included)
    - Valve adjustment

At 146,XXX miles the motor was submitted to a mechanic shop to get a reconditioned motor, which ends up being my original 1991 Accord EX F22a4 motor with almost 180,XXX miles. The following work was done to recondition this F22a4 motor:

- reconditioned F22a4 head (valve stem seals, valve job, resurface, 2 new exhaust valves)
    - new OEM headgasket and all cylinder head related seals/O-rings
    - new OEM valve cover gasket kit (lower O-rings as well)
    - new intake manifold gasket & hoses
    - reused some components since they have low mileage/like-new
    - new oil pan gasket, rear main seal, new front engine seals
    - reused F22a4 block, nothing wrong
    - adjusted valve lash
    - all new fluids
    - motor runs good, no leaks, no overheating, etc. (officially revived)

** Rear fender rust fixed by a local bodyshop **

Last edited by HondaFan81; 11-30-2007, 05:09 AM.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Looks good mr CB7 Man. Since your dad has 3, time for you to 1-up him... get 2 more. Oh and look at the snow, nice to see a cb7 in the snow w/o rust anymore.

I wonder whats in that crate in the garage.

Comment

Originally posted by aero3685
      Looks good mr CB7 Man. Since your dad has 3, time for you to 1-up him... get 2 more. Oh and look at the snow, nice to see a cb7 in the snow w/o rust anymore.

I wonder whats in that crate in the garage.
      a lil JDM something something

Comment

That car is sweet...i think they should have release the 10th Anniv. in a 5-speed Manual.
        Sucks they only came in Automatic.
        They are such clean cars......:TU: for the 10th Anniv's.

Comment

Your rust, was it just cut out and bondo'd over? How much did u pay? A bodyshop near me says for $300 it will remove the rust on one side and replace it with fiberglass and respray the whole fender. (only my driver's side has rust)

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
            Your rust, was it just cut out and bondo'd over? How much did u pay? A bodyshop near me says for $300 it will remove the rust on one side and replace it with fiberglass and respray the whole fender. (only my driver's side has rust)

You do not repair rust by cutting out and filling with anything. you cut out the metal, and put new metal in place of what was taken out.

Comment

Originally posted by aero3685
              You do not repair rust by cutting out and filling with anything. you cut out the metal, and put new metal in place of what was taken out.
              Yea, that's what was done on this car. Old metal/rust removed and new installed, primed and repainted. It was undercoated in the area as well. I believe my dad paid $650-ish for both sides.

Man this car is mint, drove it today to get it washed cuz my dad is storing it for the winter, not to expose it to road salt. So this car and the 2001 Odyssey we have are stored cuz both have no rust and we have plenty of other cars to drive.
              Last edited by HondaFan81; 12-24-2005, 03:27 AM.

Comment

looks good man nice find

Comment

Well, my mother has been driving this car for a bit now. Anyhow, she complained today about some loudness to the car (she doesn't know much about cars at all). So I start car and take a look, large hole right after the flex-pipe on the down-pipe of header. Anyhow, since this car is mint and has only 124K miles, my dad feels it's worth of a full stainless-steel exhaust system so it last longer.

So I did the research, but he's getting a Megan Racing SS header, 1A Auto Parts SS cat. converter. Then, down the road further he's leaning towards a Thermal R&D classic SS exhaust. Should be tight.

Comment

u got a house hold family i wish i had, dont get me wrong i love my mother and step father and real father, but man a Honda house Loving family is cool....my mother drives an exploder(explorer), my step father Drives a BMW, Saab turbo, and Toyota Truck, and they will not buy a Honda if their life depened on it....my dad how ever loves his Acura......and my sister wants a VW....back to subject...very nice, and clean ,

EDIT: Flexpipe's on accords are known for problems.....
                    93 Accord- SOLD
                    94 Civic- F22a1 Swap, current DD

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
                      They rippin you off fo one side.
                      Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                        Well, my mother has been driving this car for a bit now. Anyhow, she complained today about some loudness to the car (she doesn't know much about cars at all). So I start car and take a look, large hole right after the flex-pipe on the down-pipe of header. Anyhow, since this car is mint and has only 124K miles, my dad feels it's worth of a full stainless-steel exhaust system so it last longer.

So I did the research, but he's getting a Megan Racing SS header, 1A Auto Parts SS cat. converter. Then, down the road further he's leaning towards a Thermal R&D classic SS exhaust. Should be tight.
                        wow, your parents are awesome, mine would never let me do that stuff in a million years, ever!!

and that car's my twin!
                        Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Where'd u buy the remanufactured Honda CV? The dealership near me says they dont carry it, so I'm stuck with getting an autozone one.

Comment

Was the suspension that worn out that it needed all of the above? Or was it just something you wanted to take care of for future use all at the same time?
                            '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                            EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

I want your Wheels.

Comment

Working...
                              X