Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FuncOvrForm
    Its like Night and Day.

ill be sure to look into doing this then. i never realize how much a rear sway bar helps with handling. is Suspensi0on Techniques the only company that carries these? also what year Vigor can i get this from? what parts would i need?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
      ill be sure to look into doing this then. i never realize how much a rear sway bar helps with handling. is Suspensi0on Techniques the only company that carries these? also what year Vigor can i get this from? what parts would i need?
      No IMO, Progress is a better one, since it actually bolts to the subframe like the stock EX one does. you could get this from any year Vigor, they came in 92-94, and any model trim as well

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
        No IMO, Progress is a better one, since it actually bolts to the subframe like the stock EX one does. you could get this from any year Vigor, they came in 92-94, and any model trim as well
        the progress actually bolts to better mounting locations where it would resist flex.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

so If you just put on the progress, are you gonna need to get a alignement?

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079
            I put mine on by myself and car drives better than ever. I have a progressive rear sway now
            Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
            Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
            JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

wee so you dont have to drill for a lx/dx :P

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079
                No you shouldn't need an alignment. The progress uses the factory endlink locations on the trailing arm I believe and you gotta drill 4 holes into the subframe to secure it in the middle.

member's ride thread
                91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto
                  wee so you dont have to drill for a lx/dx :P
                  well for the LX/DX you need to get an EX rear subframe bracket w/ the subframe to put an EX rear sway or a Vigor rear sway. But if you're going straight to a Progress rear bar, then all I think you would need to do is drill the 4 holes for the bolts to go in. But both the EX & LX/DX have to have holes drilled for the Progress bar to secure properly.

member's ride thread
                  91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

well for the LX/DX you need to get an EX rear subframe bracket w/ the subframe to put an EX rear sway or a Vigor rear sway. But if you're going straight to a Progress rear bar, then all I think you would need to do is drill the 4 holes for the bolts to go in. But both the EX & LX/DX have to have holes drilled for the Progress bar to secure properly.
                    look at this, im even learning something here!
                    Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
                    -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

No you shouldn't need an alignment. The progress uses the factory endlink locations on the trailing arm I believe and you gotta drill 4 holes into the subframe to secure it in the middle.
                      they use the same locations but they provide their own endlinks for you to use.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

theres no need to drill if your getting suspension techs. i installed mine with out drilling.
                        contact info

(562) 324-3639 chan mao

Comment

The crossmember from the Vigor should work on my LX, correct? If so, I'll grab it from the junkyard too. I got the sway bar today.
                          MRT(vvv) --Stock CB7 Enthusiast #1--

Vouches: new_beginnings, ThrakBarts, beanzfynest617, JaK FRoSTWhiTE, 92_EX_Ninja, mak
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          i am with the dumb. i cannot brain.

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordfreak
                            The crossmember from the Vigor should work on my LX, correct? If so, I'll grab it from the junkyard too. I got the sway bar today.
                            That is doubtful.
                            Gary A.K.A. Carter
                            [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Really? I thought the suspensions were the same, the vigor just had a larger sway bar. They appeared very similar while I was pulling off the sway bar, but then again I didn't have an accord crossmember right next to it to compare.

Is there any way to avoid alignment problems when removing and reinstalling crossmembers, like noting the positions of bolts and reinstalling to the same positions (such as marking a vertical line on each, and when tightening the bolts back hold the bolt in place, only tightening the nut)?
                              MRT(vvv) --Stock CB7 Enthusiast #1--

Vouches: new_beginnings, ThrakBarts, beanzfynest617, JaK FRoSTWhiTE, 92_EX_Ninja, mak
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              i am with the dumb. i cannot brain.

Comment

I did this today. Swap went fairly easy. Probably took me about 1 1/2 hours to do. Since I had just removed it from the JY It was fresh on my mind. I originally went to get an a6 cam and head for my upcoming build but the head and cam were toast.

So then I walked to the back and thought well Ill get the rear crossmember and sway bar.
                                After removing the crossmember I looked up and saw this.

So you know what happened next. I snagged the vigor bar.

Thanks for the DIY

steve

Oh yeah this is perhaps one of the best mods I have done. I ordered a progress sway for 145 shipped but they didn't have it and refunded me. This cost me $37 and I think would prob be just as easy and the progress bar swap. No drilling with this.

Comment

Working...
                                X