Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bakedaccord_90
    replied
    the tool we used to loosen those screws was an impact screwdriver. It works really nicely if the rotor
    lock screw is stuck. Striking the rear of the driver simultaneously seats the bit into the screw
    and rotates it counterclockwise to loosen the screw and turn it clockwise to tighten.

we bought the tool at autozone for around 10 bucks

hopes this helps out makes the job real easy

Leave a comment:

• Mjfan12
    replied
    I really need to learn how to do brakes. Seems simple enough, I took autoshop and am decent with cars, can do the simple stuff.

but am scared with brakes since its a vital safety component.

But I just wasted $300 to do just the fronts!!!! Bastards charged me that because these POS accords have retarded pressed on rotors.

I have to make sure that my future cars never have this issue. Im sure none of the newer cars have them, only these old ones.

need to learn how to bleed them too.

Leave a comment:

• slick
    replied
    Originally posted by FishyMan
    What pads are those? EBC Green?

Looking nice though.
    yep EBC Green stuff pads. Cost me 50.95 shipped

Leave a comment:

• FishyMan
    replied
    What pads are those? EBC Green?

Looking nice though.

Leave a comment:

• slick
    replied
    I did it finally

Leave a comment:

• The G-Man
    replied
    Originally posted by slick
    ok on a scale from 1 to 10 how hard was it to remove those 2 little phillips head screws, and turn the piston so you can get the brake pad on and have enough clearance? I will be doing this real soon (well whenever I buy my ebc green stuff pads )
    Screws, not hard at all.

Turning the piston on the other hand is a bitch. You have to take a needle nose pliers and hold them open around the piston and push while turning.

Leave a comment:

• slammed90ex-r
    replied
    if you are going to bother just changing one pad you might as well just replace both of them.

also if there is more worn on the one side the caliper is most likely screwed

its also a good idea to were shoes when you do this kind of work

Leave a comment:

• JDM_CB7_TX
    replied
    If I do this can I not wear any shoes either. Because I did not see a spot for the removal of your shoes.

Leave a comment:

• slick
    replied
    ok on a scale from 1 to 10 how hard was it to remove those 2 little phillips head screws, and turn the piston so you can get the brake pad on and have enough clearance? I will be doing this real soon (well whenever I buy my ebc green stuff pads )

Leave a comment:

• ryry_s54
    replied
    Originally posted by xkjnboix
    i did my rear passenger side today because i was painting my calipers but all my other breaks had 75% left but only my rear passenger pad had literally 1% left

is it bad to only change 1 and leave the other break pad alone even though it has 75% tread?

This is a good question...Is it ok to change just 1? I looked at my brakes and 3 had like 80% plus life left and the rear passenger side literally is gone.....

Leave a comment:

• sunburn
    replied
    here is a trick that i used i coated the 2 retaing screws with nerverseize you can pick it up at napa . did that because i had to drill the heads off of them .

Leave a comment:

• GreenMadness
    replied
    Get that asbesots all up in your toesss!... nice write up, real simple. you can also pop the heads of those set screws with asetalyne toarch. then you dont have to wory about them again. just put 1 lug nut on when you are putting the caliper back on.

Leave a comment:

• SN2BH22CB7
    replied
    RISE AGAIN THREAD!

Nice DIY Maple..

bringing this out of the grave!

Leave a comment:

• xkjnboix
    replied
    i did my rear passenger side today because i was painting my calipers but all my other breaks had 75% left but only my rear passenger pad had literally 1% left

is it bad to only change 1 and leave the other break pad alone even though it has 75% tread?

Leave a comment:

• asleepz
    replied
    That's what I thought too on mine. I guess it has just been so long since my rears were done. I went and bought a gear puller and put the center pin lined up on the piston and hooked the two little arms on the caliper little arms (I know confusing sounding but it's not) and just screwed away slowly and it worked just fine. For the life of me I couldn't get them down with a c-clamp though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X