SUSP: Lower Balljoint DIY Video!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUSP: Lower Balljoint DIY Video!

I found a guy who did a pretty detailed explanation with a video on youtube. He looks like a professional tech. So I would trust he did the job correctly without cutting any corners upon installation. This was done on a 1990 Accord 5spd, but Auto or 5spd shouldn't matter, just the axle placement is in a diff. spot on the autos (slightly further in). So if you hear a knocking or clunking, replace those balljoints NOW!!! Thanks goes to EricTheCarGuy for making this video. I HIGHLY recommend a moderator sticky this....this is a very useful for us CB7tuners.

Last edited by Losiracer2; 12-22-2009, 10:32 AM.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

and dont use cheap ball joints, bite the bullet and get some moog or trw.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
      or even OEM Honda ones...they're like 29 bucks a side.

member's ride thread
      91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

very nice man. ima go check out his page on youtube.

Comment

your always looking for video's for car repairs like me.

this guy's video is very informational, and entertaining at the same time

and this is the time i was looking on how to replace my axle also.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
          2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

EVERYTHING that ive done way too much. And everything that i just got finished last night. Including the wheel bearing. Have fun guys. And you can fit the inner boot of the axle threw the wishbone or whatever he called it and it can come out that way too.

My New Ride
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=82630

Comment

You...dirty. Yea you....

I have been needing to do this since Im hearing a clunk in the mornings. But knowing my suspension and my experiences with it, whoever built my car was a BIG MFer because every bolt is waaaaayyyyy too tight and its always a pain to get things loose. But I will tackle it!

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
                You...dirty. Yea you....

I have been needing to do this since Im hearing a clunk in the mornings. But knowing my suspension and my experiences with it, whoever built my car was a BIG MFer because every bolt is waaaaayyyyy too tight and its always a pain to get things loose. But I will tackle it!
                do it man. get some UCAs with new bushings and the front end will feel like new. haha. ill be doing my LBJs soon tho. some time this week when i work un the afternoon or have a day off.

Comment

Cool vid, he made it look easy

My swap thread
                  Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

this is bullshit! dammit i need an air hammer and drill, tired of headaches and bangin my fingers using hand tools. this guy didnt drop a single sweat while i cry myself to sleep sometimes

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by JaberCB7 View Post
                      this is bullshit! dammit i need an air hammer and drill, tired of headaches and bangin my fingers using hand tools. this guy didnt drop a single sweat while i cry myself to sleep sometimes
                      x2...im getting a air compresser and air tools this incometax time.
                      oo and plus 1 for the sticky!

my new turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
                        x2...im getting a air compresser and air tools this incometax time.
                        oo and plus 1 for the sticky!
                        hahah after seeing this video i got motivated to finding some air tools and i found that kit for $50 but still kinda afraid of tackling my rotors. think my wheel bearings might be bad but dont knwo witch one

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by JaberCB7 View Post
                          hahah after seeing this video i got motivated to finding some air tools and i found that kit for $50 but still kinda afraid of tackling my rotors. think my wheel bearings might be bad but dont knwo witch one
                          its really not that hard, you just need to over come the axle nut, that would be the hardest I'd think, the rest is just undoing bolts and hammering on the back of those 4 12pts that go into the hub...well not on those 12pts but find some longer bolts to put in place of them and then hammer away lol

member's ride thread
                          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
                            I totally agree using Moog over others. They are some good quality stuff.
                            Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                              its really not that hard, you just need to over come the axle nut, that would be the hardest I'd think, the rest is just undoing bolts and hammering on the back of those 4 12pts that go into the hub...well not on those 12pts but find some longer bolts to put in place of them and then hammer away lol
                              ok this is my 2 quick questions,
                              1) the 12pt bolt screws into the hub not the kncukle right? (thats why we are allowed to hammer the bolt witout stripping the threads right?

2)can i remove the bolts while axel is on?

axel not is nothing to me, i use a bicycle fork as a breaker bar, and second i remove the nut while the wheel is on this avoids the axel from spinning.

Comment

Working...
                              X