X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92accordcb7ex
    replied
    Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
    So looking at the steps, I am puzzle that the rotor is held on to the hub/bearing by 4 bolts in the front. Why can't we just take the front 4 bolts that hold the rotor on and remove the rotor without having to remove the hub/bearing? I would guess the hardest thing is we have to take the big 36mm axle nut off before we could take the rotor off. So I figure why can't we just take the axle nut off then the 4 bolts that hold the rotor on and the rotor should just come off right?
    Thanks.
    wrong, with the stock setup for our cars the rotor isnt just held on by the four bolts in the front. the rotor is actually located behind the hub which is the part that you are talking about. in order to get the rotor off you have to remove the whole hub/bearing assembly which is held into place by four bolts behind the knuckle. and it does not just pop out you normally have to get a strengthened bolt and hammer the shit out of it, once you get the bearing out of the knuckle then you can take the rotor off and replace it. this is alot of work and is the main reason why everyone wants to do this swap. because the normal setup is just a pain in the ass to do as ive had to do it myself and i never want to do it again.
    Last edited by 92accordcb7ex; 05-18-2012, 07:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bad_dude
    replied
    So looking at the steps, I am puzzle that the rotor is held on to the hub/bearing by 4 bolts in the front. Why can't we just take the front 4 bolts that hold the rotor on and remove the rotor without having to remove the hub/bearing? I would guess the hardest thing is we have to take the big 36mm axle nut off before we could take the rotor off. So I figure why can't we just take the axle nut off then the 4 bolts that hold the rotor on and the rotor should just come off right?
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• F20A CB7
    replied
    I sent tippy a message about this b4... he said 2.2 and 3.0 hub and bearings are the same..

I meant 2.3 my bad.

There's a 2.2 c from 1997 l but its roh I think its hor only friend

Leave a comment:

• Bad_dude
    replied
    Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
    Correct^ go to yard. Find a roh cl. 2.2 or 3.0. Same setup. Take out the hub and bearing which is already pressed together, remove the 4 bolts in the back... and walahhh. Now u have the first main part of the roh swap.

GuNnRunner? Wat is the stamping on the calipers? I went and got cb9 calipers.
    Wait, you are confusing me here. I read that only the Acura 98/99 2.3CL works and the 3.0CL won't fit. Now you say that the 3.0CL fits and 2.2CL, never seen the 2.2CL. Could you clarify to be sure? I hate going there and get the wrong thing.
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• F20A CB7
    replied
    Correct^ go to yard. Find a roh cl. 2.2 or 3.0. Same setup. Take out the hub and bearing which is already pressed together, remove the 4 bolts in the back... and walahhh. Now u have the first main part of the roh swap.

GuNnRunner? Wat is the stamping on the calipers? I went and got cb9 calipers.

Leave a comment:

• Bad_dude
    replied
    Originally posted by darkfusion42 View Post
    They are interchangable.
    Wait, so if I go to the junk yard and find a 98 Acura 2.3CL, I can take the hub with bearing on it and not have to worry about getting an Accord bearing to press on the Acura's hub?
    So why is all of the ROH conversions that I have read, list the parts separately instead of just saying get the whole thing?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• GunRunner
    replied
    Originally posted by darkfusion42 View Post
    They are interchangable.

Kmart and stacey both have ROH set ups if you want to get used.
    Thanks for confirming!

Leave a comment:

• darkfusion42
    replied
    Originally posted by GunRunner View Post
    Question: Do the 98 CL 2.3 hub&bearings fit in the CB Accord knuckle or do you need only the hubs? I have found a good price on the CL hub&bearing already pressed together new.
    They are interchangable.

Kmart and stacey both have ROH set ups if you want to get used.

Leave a comment:

• GunRunner
    replied
    Question: Do the 98 CL 2.3 hub&bearings fit in the CB Accord knuckle or do you need only the hubs? I have found a good price on the CL hub&bearing already pressed together new.

Leave a comment:

• GunRunner
    replied
    Just picked up a set of Legend Calipers for $16 at the pull-a-part. Looks like my DD accord is going ROH
    Last edited by GunRunner; 05-02-2011, 09:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Chris2388
    replied
    bump

Leave a comment:

• Chris2388
    replied
    WOuld these calipers and brackets work??

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AAZ-19B1460/?rtype=10

Leave a comment:

• lordoja
    replied
    Here is the Parts i got

Honda Front Wheel Hub Assembly (Bearing)
    CL Front Brake Rotor
    Honda Front Wheel Hub:

Ran me a total of $160 before taxes, Wheelbearingwarehouse.com will ship free if over $50 and IRP if over $100

Leave a comment:

• Prez808
    replied
    Originally posted by Whit3y View Post
    x2 ... i seen alot of ppl asking if the stock wheels will fit over this setup

could some1 answer that for me .. pretty plz?
    Yes, because the accord wagon uses the same exact 15" wheel as the accord ex sedan. The difference is that the spare will no longer clear the caliper.

Leave a comment:

• Prez808
    replied
    Originally posted by uslspct View Post
    Can anyone confirm to me that the set screw holes in the Prelude rotors should be off center of the lug nuts? So they fit into the Acura hubs.
    I have PowerSlot 126.40034 and they are right in the middle of the lug nuts and so the holes don't align into the hub.
    By your pics it looks like my rotors are the fucked up piece of this puzzle.

EDIT: So I talked to a tech at Powerslot and he said you don't really need those set screw holes, which I've heard before. But still to the writer of this thread I'm wondering why your rotors set screw holes did fit correctly.
    I have 93 Prelude vtec Brembo blanks and have the accord v6/wagon calipers with the 25 T bracket. The set screw also did not fit in my setup.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X