Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I was planning on it. good to know about the knuckles too. thanks man

Originally posted by LinX
    If you're talkin about the stock rear sway bar, then you gotta make sure you grab some knuckles that have the accomodations for them. Aftermarket sway bars like 'suspension techniques' have a different mounting location so it wouldn't matter.
    (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
    Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
    My (old) Ride

Comment

Originally posted by LinX
      If you're talkin about the stock rear sway bar, then you gotta make sure you grab some knuckles that have the accomodations for them. Aftermarket sway bars like 'suspension techniques' have a different mounting location so it wouldn't matter.

The knuckles don't have the accomodation for the rear sway bar. The trailing arms do.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
        The knuckles don't have the accomodation for the rear sway bar. The trailing arms do.
        Oh, Well I think the whole thing was on taken off and just is sitting next to the vehicle anyways.
        Bad thing is though is that it's going to rain, and makes me wonder how long they've been getting rained on.
        If i get them I will definitely have to get them resurfaced, was hoping not to have to.
        (RIP)1993 LX Sedan

My (old) Ride

Comment

*knuckle assembly

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Still wish I could find a good set of used brakes in my area. DUCK!

- Zipcreature
            Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan1987
              Oh, Well I think the whole thing was on taken off and just is sitting next to the vehicle anyways.
              Bad thing is though is that it's going to rain, and makes me wonder how long they've been getting rained on.
              If i get them I will definitely have to get them resurfaced, was hoping not to have to.
              it could be just surface rust. that's what mine was. just let the brake pad remove it and hopefully it's not warped. what you should worrry about is the integrity of the brake caliper and wheel bearing (though the bearing is sealed).

and the rear lower crossmember has the holes for the rear swap bar. if you have access to a full car, remove the crossmemeber too since it's only held on by 4 bolts. you just basically need the trailing arms and all that's attached to it minus the upper and lower arms (same), ebrake cables, and the soft brake lines. you'll see when you're doing it!
              1cor10:31
              - 92 LX coupe
              - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
                it could be just surface rust. that's what mine was. just let the brake pad remove it and hopefully it's not warped. what you should worrry about is the integrity of the brake caliper and wheel bearing (though the bearing is sealed).

and the rear lower crossmember has the holes for the rear swap bar. if you have access to a full car, remove the crossmemeber too since it's only held on by 4 bolts. you just basically need the trailing arms and all that's attached to it minus the upper and lower arms (same), ebrake cables, and the soft brake lines. you'll see when you're doing it!
                good good, but the problem see is that the frame is sitting completely on the ground, and the control arms and the rotors, the whole deal is already disconnected and laying right next to where the tires used to go, but I will check again soon. Thanks man
                (RIP)1993 LX Sedan

My (old) Ride

Comment

here is a good representation, lol of how the car is at the yard. It used to have a spoiler, and rear mudflaps, but I got it now.
                  (RIP)1993 LX Sedan

My (old) Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan1987
                    here is a good representation, lol of how the car is at the yard. It used to have a spoiler, and rear mudflaps, but I got it now.
                    have you considered a career in Graphic Artistry? LOL...

Kinda looks like the rotor is buried under ground...haha...j/k yeah...the rotor is sitting on the ground next to the car right?
                    My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

yeah man that was cut and paste in paint all the way dude, lol.
                      haha yeah the setup is on the ground, maybe they will take that pic as payment and then I'll be riding in style
                      hell I'll even cut and paste togethera picture of an H22 if they'll give me one.
                      (RIP)1993 LX Sedan

My (old) Ride

Comment

Great DIY!!!
                        Just got mine for $90 in Juarez, Mexico..

Big 16g Turbo/H23 Head Swap/TSX Projectors

Comment

wow $90 is a steal for these. have fun with the swap. it is VERY straightforward and simple. i'm always glad to see people benefit from this. don't hesitate to hit me up with any questions you have .
                          1cor10:31
                          - 92 LX coupe
                          - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
                            wow $90 is a steal for these. have fun with the swap. it is VERY straightforward and simple. i'm always glad to see people benefit from this. don't hesitate to hit me up with any questions you have .

Thanks, as soon my slotted rotors arrive i'll start with the install.

Comment

Done it!!!!!!!!

Comment

Nice write up i have to go do mine too.I got mine from a junk yard Free!I guess it helps if you work there.

My whips!
                                97 eliteS 50cc sold
                                90 CB coupe lx h22 turbo(ITS GONE!)
                                93 CB 4dr ex/se
                                85 Hilux 4x4(chevy 350)traded
                                80 Hilux 2wd still got it
                                73 Opel GT garage queen
                                92 cx hatch b16a ran into the ground
                                93 si hatch b16a type-r trans parted out
                                92 dx hatch fully built GSR "huge" fmi sold
                                09 4dr 4x4 Tacoma small lift daily beater
                                93 dx hatch b16a2 (old team rice car) was free!

Comment

Working...
                                X