No announcement yet.

INT: Automatic Short Shifter DIY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow, i thought my shift boot was baggy! i have that same shift knob, but mine's on a real 5spd!

to be honest, i dont care for the shift boots on auto's. i hate parts that appear to be something else but arent (fake carbon vinyl is my biggest pet peeve!).

i know you like it though, so i will only add that you should get the metal ring that was installed under the shift boots of manual accords to hold them to the console. a junkyard should sell it to you for just a couple of bucks.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
      wow, i thought my shift boot was baggy! i have that same shift knob, but mine's on a real 5spd!

to be honest, i dont care for the shift boots on auto's. i hate parts that appear to be something else but arent (fake carbon vinyl is my biggest pet peeve!).

i know you like it though, so i will only add that you should get the metal ring that was installed under the shift boots of manual accords to hold them to the console. a junkyard should sell it to you for just a couple of bucks.

thx for the kind words man lol, i dont try to pass it off as a 5spd. it just gives the interior a sporty look ill look into the ring though thx
      UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
      NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

mine has that support ring he talks about. it makes a difference
        "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by drew12000
          great diy. so its fine to have the center shaft that you would usually have a button on, compressed all the time?
          i was gonna do this awhile back and just taped the shaft down"compressed" all the time and after puttin it into park i couldn't get the key out without takin the tape off...
          clicky the siggy!!!

ARCADIA GREEN MEMBER #20

AIM=SleepygreenCB7
          Yahoo=annamaineeak@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by sleepygreen
            i was gonna do this awhile back and just taped the shaft down"compressed" all the time and after puttin it into park i couldn't get the key out without takin the tape off...

mine is compressed without tape an its just fine you must have done something wrong
            UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

whats there that can be done wrong? taped it done drove around got home put in park then the key is stuck....took the tape off then the key comes out...
              anyways you can use a knob from a manual?? and push down instead of keeping it compressed?
              clicky the siggy!!!

ARCADIA GREEN MEMBER #20

AIM=SleepygreenCB7

Comment

whats there that can be done wrong? taped it done drove around got home put in park then the key is stuck....took the tape off then the key comes out...
                anyways you can use a knob from a manual?? and push down instead of keeping it compressed?

yeah i got a shift knob from autozone works fine
                UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

Originally posted by 1990Ex
                  yeah i got a shift knob from autozone works fine
                  which shift knob did you get?
                  clicky the siggy!!!

ARCADIA GREEN MEMBER #20

AIM=SleepygreenCB7

Comment

which shift knob did you get?
                    it has the hex screws at the bottom it that helps any
                    UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

What is the point of this???

A short shifter is meant to make the shifter lever distance shorter between gear shifts...but on an automatic? Why? All you did was cut the actual shifter lever shaft.
                      1990 Accord LX Sedan, B-49M

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR

I put a shift boot on my auto because most auto bmw have a leather boot so I stole the idea, had nothing to do with pretending it was a stick
                        1993 Accord LX - Sold
                        93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                        92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                        2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                        2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                        2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                        2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                        2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini
                          I put a shift boot on my auto because most auto bmw have a leather boot so I stole the idea, had nothing to do with pretending it was a stick

x2 on the pretending its a 5spd
                          UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

Originally posted by djphonics
                            What is the point of this???

A short shifter is meant to make the shifter lever distance shorter between gear shifts...but on an automatic? Why? All you did was cut the actual shifter lever shaft.

its ment to look better. if you had an auto would you rather have that shaft sticking out like a sore thumb and got some hot looking interior? or would you rather have it like this and look good?

im going to be doing this this week. ill be taking some pics too. Tony man. why aint you tell me you did this? you bastard. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
                              its ment to look better. if you had an auto would you rather have that shaft sticking out like a sore thumb and got some hot looking interior? or would you rather have it like this and look good?

im going to be doing this this week. ill be taking some pics too. Tony man. why aint you tell me you did this? you bastard. lol

i thought you knew ass wipe lol, make sure you take some pics i love mine people ask all the time, if its 5spd but im proud to say its auto
                              UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

Has anyone done something like this????????

JDM Parts for sale

Comment

Working...
                                X