No announcement yet.

INT: Short Throw Shifter by BustedLX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'ma do this soon. i havent driven a manual car for a while. havent driven mine yet since i have clutch pressure problem gotta tighten some more screw. once i get it str8en out i'll do this. i read the whole pages so i understand what i'ma go thru ahead of time. but just an suggestion. when making the bracket why dont you put the center console on but take the shifter cover thing out the way. with the shifter cable attach to the bracket raise the bracket higher till it nearly touch the center console and tighten the bolt so u''ll have it exactly where it should be? also for puttin the basket under it it's a really good idea. but if it's touching.. umm.. while i was reading . i was thinkin why dont we make our own shifter? get like a pipe and drill a hole in it makin it look just like the shifter stick and install it in so the stick is straight not bend. if that's what u guys sayin that are touchin?
    DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Comment

yeah im bumping an old thread. where are all the pics for the DIY? no instructions?

Comment

haha i would love to do this, somebody redo this diy and give pics!

im pissin on the game feel like i got a weak blatter

Comment

Anyone done this? Seemingly it is a pretty sick and easy mod...

Comment

Originally posted by Catch-22
            Anyone done this? Seemingly it is a pretty sick and easy mod...
            Probably a few hundred of us. It's the same thing as a "short shift adapter"....except it's miles less spendy. Both just move the cable attachment point higher on the shifter, and so farther from the fulcrum.
            2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
            Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
            1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Damn, now I know what I'm looking at in that one pic that is still up! Thanks! Did you go with the battery terminal method or the other method?

Comment

I think I used 90 degree corner brackets.
                2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
                Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
                1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

I used an electrician pipe groung strap thing, he called it something like that. Here's mine, took me all of 5 minutes. Shifts soooo much nicer. I left the cable loose on the bolt so it doesn't bind when I'm moving the shifter side to side. It made the world of difference.

EDIT: Just drove it and it feels better then the B&M short shifter in my old civic.
                  Last edited by whitecoupe91; 05-19-2008, 09:51 PM.
                  Honda-mans best friend!
                  who said it was a dog?
                  PINOY PRIDE
                  OHIO CB7's

Comment

Originally posted by whitecoupe91
                    I used an electrician pipe groung strap thing, he called it something like that. Here's mine, took me all of 5 minutes. Shifts soooo much nicer. I left the cable loose on the bolt so it doesn't bind when I'm moving the shifter side to side. It made the world of difference.

EDIT: Just drove it and it feels better then the B&M short shifter in my old civic.

so you're only adjusting the point where one of the cables connects to the shifter, correct? not both?

Comment

this kicks ass... I'm doing this tonight!!
                      Allison Stokke... Google her... Yeah

92 Accord Ex Sedan - Parting Out

H22 GT4088 CRX build coming soon

Comment

Wait... how do I do the one they were talking about shortening the shifter itself? It will still work if I shorten teh thow like right above and still shorten the shifter also right? I am def doing this tonight... someone plz let me know how to shorten the shifter itself...
                        Allison Stokke... Google her... Yeah

92 Accord Ex Sedan - Parting Out

H22 GT4088 CRX build coming soon

Comment

Yeah your only adjusting the one cable. The part was actually called "pipe ground clamp". I need to figure out how to do the bucket drop though. I kind of understand what you guys are talking about but not really lol!
                          Honda-mans best friend!
                          who said it was a dog?
                          PINOY PRIDE
                          OHIO CB7's

Comment

bucket drop? what is that? i did this shit tonight and its okay. i can use the center console because the cable rubs and if i go into any of the upper gears it will barely go. it pushes up on the console hella hard, so i just left the console out for now until i can figure something out or get an aftermarket short shifter

im pissin on the game feel like i got a weak blatter

Comment

Originally posted by xprojectcb7x
                              bucket drop? what is that? i did this shit tonight and its okay. i can use the center console because the cable rubs and if i go into any of the upper gears it will barely go. it pushes up on the console hella hard, so i just left the console out for now until i can figure something out or get an aftermarket short shifter

Did you put the clamp right on the weld of the shifter? That seems to work the best. And the bucket drop is mounting the entire shift assembly lower, which gives it a sportier feel...would probably also take care of the rubbing on the console.

Comment

Does anybody have a pic of the shifter assembly after the bucket drop. And I figured doing the bucket drop will fix the rubbing. I put my clamp right on top of the weld.
                                Honda-mans best friend!
                                who said it was a dog?
                                PINOY PRIDE
                                OHIO CB7's

Comment

Working...
                                X