No announcement yet.

EXT: Corner lens blackout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well I did one of mine becasue its already scratched up and had a small crack around the edge. I also painted more than what is shown in the how to pics becasue I didnt like the way it looked when it was black and the was still alot of chrome showing. I know the chrome reflects the light, but this project was just for fun, I will be using my amber corners because I loke em better. I also used my dremel and cut off part of the clear plastic that holds the orange reflector in, I pretty much made it an even amount of clear plasitc all the way around the reflector. PICS!!!!!!!1!!!!!111!

-1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
    -1993 Accord EX SOLD
    -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
    -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

bump for the haynes manual in the background hondatuner4267...everyone should have one of these IMO...makes life so much more easier its unbelievable...pe@ce love and chicken grease from the middle east..

SHO

Comment

bump for new pics please? the originals aren't working for me

Comment

bump, would love to do this, but the pics are working for me either.
          And remember kids, if it's wet, it's not a fart.

'91 Wagon

So far it's ugly:
          Injen short ram, DIY Grill, Arospeed F/R Strut bars, SS Brake Lines, AEM pads, drum to disc swap, Brembo drilled & slotted rotors

Comment

yeah they were removed by someone being triggerhappy while clearing online storage (oops). I'll see about getting some new ones made up.
            Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
            2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
            2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
            2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

nice diy man, you just inspired me to do this as im bored and this will suffice until i get my amber corners

Comment

can you rehost the pics?

i can't get the lense off for crap on my clear corners. it feels like it will break so easily... any tips to get the lense off?
                Last edited by eriemoto.; 04-12-2006, 07:29 PM.

Comment

I'm going to have to reshoot the series; my comp took a dump and lost a lot of pics.
                  Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                  2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                  2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                  2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Originally posted by ACCORDianate
                    I'm going to have to reshoot the series; my comp took a dump and lost a lot of pics.
                    cool thanks. is there anyway to get the lense off easier? i can't get anywhere with a screwdriver and prying at it

Comment

haha can we get a fix pics?
                      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Hey would cops pull you over and give you a ticket in CA if u did this mod?

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                          haha can we get a fix pics?
                          truee.

Comment

i know this thread is old but i wonder how it would look if you bought some black housed corners then took the clear/amber plastic off of an OEM corner and put it on the aftermarket BH one?... reason being.. i have a set of the black housed and i can get the OEM ones for free..
                            R.I.P. Landon Hilburn 06-27-08

Soon to enter the family.
                            CG Coupe!

92 Accord EX Sedan (Newest project)

Members ride thread 92 EX Sedan
                            Members ride thread old 91 LX Coupe

Comment

Ok.... so if I don't have access to a heat gun, what's the best method for separating the corner lens?

Note, I am working with EDM corner lenses... I havn't compared them to USDM, so I dunno if there's a difference.

Mine are squished together and appear to be fused or melted together.

Here's a pic... sorry about the quailty

note, in between the pink dots is where the lens meets the backing.

Looks like the lens is melted on.

Comment

I've been told the heat gun will work if used carefully. Same with oven method. There's a how to on I think it's accordtuner?

Comment

Working...
                                X