No announcement yet.

ENG: F22 Spark Plug Tube Seal Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ericthe car guy has made some good vids. I've used the one for the spark plug tubes seals and I purchased his timing belt video. Great information!
    -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
    -1993 Accord EX SOLD
    -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
    -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

im in need to i only have 1 tube with oil in it but im starting to smoke a lil so i need it fixed asap after my real surgery for acute radial nerve palsy so after that illl do it ann record it as well thanks this will help alotta headz on here
      Originally posted by deevergote
      This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
      i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

Eric the Car Guy's video was pretty good and I'm sure this has been covered already, but it doesn't hurt. You will tax everything far less by completely backing off on the adjusting screws on the rockers. His removal/torque sequence was completely off, not a huge deal but still. No sealant on the ends of #1 and #6 cam holders could result in a slow leak. Actual torque specs are 9 ft lbs for the M6 bolts 10mm heads, 16 ft lbs for the M8 bolts 12mm heads. His specs were taken from nanometer scale. The Helms is pretty thorough except the fact that it does not mention the lower tube seals at all unless I had missed a subtle mention of them.

One thing I did like was the fact that the dizzy was left in the hold the cam down and the timing belt tension was left alone. I will assume the cam wanting to flip up won't overly tax the bearings in the dizzy's housing

Comment

i did it fallowing the video and it was super easy much easyer then i thought it was gonna be

Comment

im glad it was easy cause i hate when my car smokess grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrri think cause my tube seal oil is seeping through the plug onto piston aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
            Originally posted by deevergote
            This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
            i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

I took longer than probably anyone has ever taken to do this. The rockers weren't lining up because the assembly came partially undone on the intake side and i had to disassemble it all. however, if i had airtools and a digital torque wrench, i could easily do it in half an hour if i had to do it again. don't be afraid.
              96 mx-6, needs work...
              91 accord lx sedan, needs work...

Comment

GREAT DIY

Not to be an ass or something ... but how to clean such a dirty engine bay? well mine is not that dirty. I've seen some pictures on the forum of cb7 engine bays that look pretty shiny like a 2012 bought car.

What can I use? especially that I had old oil leaks and now look burned, hard to remove. Do I have to cover electrical connections too?

Comment

I just replaced mine took it apart not realizing the sides poped apart. Found out that the lower seals were very brittle and broke in my hand. I'm using felpro hope this fixes my (half way up spark plug) leak. Hopefully these jobs last a long time

Edit seems to be doing good. I didn't have a torq wrench so I tightend the bolts to just after you have to put a bit of muscle so far so good great write up by the way
                  Last edited by schierholz; 04-13-2013, 12:58 AM.

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
                  Do it once, do it right.
                  Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
                  Missing My
                  White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
                  Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

Excellent write up Just did this on my car using this, first time i did it. The two bolts on the far right seemed to be cross-threading, but following the tightening sequence in post#20 solved that and everything went in smooth.

Comment

So I think I need a bit of help.

Been working on this since this morning, trying to get to the valve adjustment part but after putting it back together with as much precision as I could... I can't get the camshaft to move with a wrench on the power steering pump.
                      It should be moving right?

I literally put the rocker arm assembly back on like 10 times to make sure it all went down how it should.
                      What could I have done wrong?

RIP my last two CB7s.
                      New rides:
                      '82 Volvo 245 drift project
                      '87 Volvo 244 daily
                      Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

If you didn't remove the spark plugs, then it's going to be harder to rotate the cam.
                        Originally posted by Mishakol129
                        Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
                          If you didn't remove the spark plugs, then it's going to be harder to rotate the cam.
                          Spark plugs are out. Followed ericthecarguy's video step by step.

RIP my last two CB7s.
                          New rides:
                          '87 Volvo 244 daily
                          Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

Will it move if you use the crank pulley bolt?
                            Originally posted by Mishakol129
                            Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Forgive my noobishness. But that would be behind this cover right?

RIP my last two CB7s.
                              New rides:
                              '87 Volvo 244 daily
                              Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

Originally posted by TheFunk View Post
                                Forgive my noobishness. But that would be behind this cover right?

No. Behind that is the cam gear. The crank pulley is behind this part of the splash shield located behind the driver side wheel and tire. Yours will have similar slots in the cover. That's for putting a socket on the crank pulley bolt.

With a bolt taken from the shield and the cover bent back. Never mind the belt hanging, this pic was taken for a DIY on another subject.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 07-13-2014, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X