X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool. I'll give it a shot. thanks man.
    hahahahah

Comment

you guys with CAI do you find the filters getting prematurely dirty?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
      "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
      "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

hmm idk ill look at mine

Comment

quick question the aem cai mounts it the corner with the bushing but how do u mount it with these items... the one silver thing i with the clamps and the other silver bracket below it to the left.... any one have this setup??? help appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Accord_exR
            quick question the aem cai mounts it the corner with the bushing but how do u mount it with these items... the one silver thing i with the clamps and the other silver bracket below it to the left.... any one have this setup??? help appreciated

that little silver bracket gos under the hose clamp on the filter....(hence the bend)...than that bolts to the longer silver bracket and you mount that to a spot on the top strut mount area.....basically make it work lol good luck.

Comment

so basically its cheap / a pos

Comment

i had a question.. i'm in the process of doing this now..

how much stuff actually comes out of the car?

i know the top air filter box, filter, brackets, side / lower air hoses and that lower air box behind the bumper come out.. but is there anything else that i won't need ?

lol it started raining today as i was doing it.. so i couldn't work on cutting the hole.. its a shortram for now.

Comment

Quick little suggestion for you guys looking to smooth out the metal edges of the hole:
                  * Have you ever looked at "rubber/plastic door trim" vs just cutting some of the vacuum hose?

This is the U shaped flexible material that comes in clear, black, or bling-bling chrome that's originally intended to protect the edges of our door.

You get like 3' of it for <$5 and you can cut it to fit. You can probably find it near the ghetto dress up section of your auto parts shop.

-g

Comment

wit my cold air intake 93' accord EX. i took out the resonator box and i didnt hook up the hose that comes off the valve cover, instead i put a ait breather on the valve cover and capped off the intake on, my intake has two vacum lines a big one and a small i just use the small one it goes by the ummm. car runs fine

Comment

Possible ideas for cleanly opening up the factory opening to the lower resonator box:

1) Large hole saw (don't ask me how you'd get it started straight; maybe attach a wood block to the underside of the hole to let the hole saw's pilot drill bit to get centered.)

2) Drill a series of small holes around the factory hole, in a kind of perforated fashion. Then, come at it with Vise Grips to tear away the weakened part, leaving the larger opening.

A metal file should help smooth the opening's edges some, followed up by a rough gasket made of window or truck molding, etc.
                      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

This is the port to cap off. We also have the vacuum line, disconnected earlier, that we will install the filter-foam into.
                        this one, i don't have a cap from my short ram intake, could i just plug it up and not let air in? is that gon be bad?

Comment

The one that says cap off, yes you're supposed to cap it off.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                          where you been, is something wrong?
                          i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

instead of just cutting the metal into a circle leaving sharp edges why not cut a x from the existing hole and bend the flaps down trim the points and should not cut the CAI like every one is concerned about...
                            http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/5320/hole5tu.png
                            Working N/A build up in progress

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
                              The one that says cap off, yes you're supposed to cap it off.
                              k thanks, i thought when he said cap it off it meant like a cap thingy where its like a filter and not completely cut the air off.

Comment

Originally posted by Accord_exR

I got the same intake, just a blue filter instead..but you dont really have to mount it, it sits tight, at least in my car.

Comment

Working...
                                X