X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93 Accord- SOLD
    94 Civic- F22a1 Swap, current DD

Comment

They will be back up in the morning. I exceeded my bandwidth yesterday, so they are lost for 2 days. They were working at lunch but not now. Damn cookies...
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Swaped the H23 Upper plenum and throttle body on my a6 runners. And it worked out perfect! Fills Nice!
        5th Gen. Lude Team I <3 JDM

Comment

Glad to hear it. It is a pretty easy swap for the gain you get.

Do you still have the A1/A4 cam in your car? If so, what does it pull too, and how noticable is it?

Comment

Hah! I just got parts to do this. I was gonna DIY my results, but I come to find someone just did it! I'll be pm'ing you later about it!

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
            where you been, is something wrong?
            i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Whats he up to?

hehe

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                Glad to hear it. It is a pretty easy swap for the gain you get.

Do you still have the A1/A4 cam in your car? If so, what does it pull too, and how noticable is it?
                Alot Easier than what I thought. Got alittle stuck on the coolant hoses, but other than that it was easy. It is a must need upgrade for sure. I have the A1 cam in my car still (thinking about going with the A6 cam, or a Delta cam) and it pulls all the way to rev limiter, and it screams like V-tec . So yeah WELL WORTH IT!!

Comment

The A6 cam will provide a bump for sure, but with the added breathability of the intake, it would probably make more sense to do a regrind if you are going to keep the F22 for awhile. Even if it was only a 260 degree cam...

I have thought about it... but I almost have all of the stuff for my H swap.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                    The A6 cam will provide a bump for sure, but with the added breathability of the intake, it would probably make more sense to do a regrind if you are going to keep the F22 for awhile. Even if it was only a 260 degree cam...

I have thought about it... but I almost have all of the stuff for my H swap.
                    Yeah I am REALLY thinking about doing the H22 Swap. Everybody who I'v talked to says there very happy with it. I know theres probly alot of work involved in the swap, but I'm think It'll be worth it. Instead of spending all that money on my F22. I just do better and swap an H22!

Comment

They are extrememly worth it.

For what you ultimately spend on the swap, you will have more power than if you put that much into the F22, and you will be reaching the edge of streetability with the F. At least in my opinion. An almost 50% increase in power, with no technology (like VTEC) or power adders, is probably going to require at least a little bit of compromise and that neglects the fact that the H is still completely stock.

As far as the H swap, it is pretty much plug and play, with the only real difficulty coming in the wiring. As long as you understand what you are doing, and are careful, even that isn't a big deal. You are adding 4 wires (unless you already have an A6 with IAB, in which case it is 3) lengthening or rearranging some usually, and that is about it. All of the required accessory bracket compatibility and stuff are also well documented on here.

Comment

OI!

I just finished my plenum/tb swap. Looks like I'm having the same problems you did! Hurray for cb7tuner, I found the answers right away!

Ok, so I started it up. High idle, CEL on. I realized I hadn't reconnected teh TPS, whoops. Ok, reconnected, start it up again, no CEL, still high idle. Looks like I need to readjust the TB stop screw. Also, I'm certain I reconnected the coolant lines wrong. I need to get you to diagram them for me, if not I can probably figure it out tomorrow. And for some reason my secondaries aren't recieving vacuum. I'll have it solved tomorrow. I better b/c I have to work tomorrow!

This is how it existed when the f22a6 manifold was on.

This is how I have it now, which must be wrong in some way. TB=throttle body, FITV=valve now on underside of TB for H23, IACV=the one with the electrical plug hooked up to it. ?1 and ?2 were the 2 coolant lines coming up from somewhere under the manifold.
                        Last edited by accordaffair; 02-01-2009, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Sorry to be annoying but I researched, and found out the coolant line problem, or rather what I did wrong. I figured I would post up the info here so the next person down the line can find it.

Here is the f22's intake manifold coolant diagram.

Here is the h23's (also h22?) intake manifold coolant diagram.

So the therefore the answer for me is....

I apologize for the childish ms paint-like drawings!
                          Last edited by accordaffair; 02-01-2009, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the additions. I was going to add something like that, because I got myself confused too, but didn't have the time.

It clarifies a lot. The hoses labeled 1 and 2 with the question marks will basically both return to the back of the intake manifold by the #4 intake runner. There should be a nipple for each one.

Comment

So I have a q. Did u really see those kind of numbers or what? I ask since I have a h23 i'm on the way as well as a bored tb. I am curious on if this is going to be a holy shit or a hey that was interesting, know what I mean?
                              No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

Comment

You car isn't going to suddenly run a 14 second 1/4 mile, no.

It will provide a nice increase, and it will be noticable if you combine it with an A6 or bigger cam. I didn't notice much of a difference from A4 to A6 manifold (without the H plenum) until AFTER I changed the cam. I don't know what just the plenum would do, as I did it after the cam.

I have a pretty decent complete exhaust system on my car, underdrive pulleys, and at one point a SR, and then CAI. The mani with plenum swap and cam EASILY overshadowed all of them combined.

Comment

Working...
                                X