No announcement yet.

ENG: EGR Port Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what it says here atleast for USDM 1990 only they didn't have removalable plugs and had to be drilled and I guess filled afer the service was done.

http://home.comcast.net/~em-engineering/T2T013.pdf
    '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
    EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

I tried to do this a while back, but had problems removing the fuel rail to get access to the ports. I couldnt get the connectors off the injectors, and they kept popping out of the rail.

What all needs to be taken off for a 93? Do i disconnect the fuel lines on the fuel rail too?

OH and I remember there was some bolt that I was unable to get a socket on due to another part being in the way. I'll check it out tomorrow.

Comment

Excuse me but...how is this procedure going to make any difference?, it doesn't seem like your doing a whole lot.

Comment

I have done this procedure before on my 91 EX. I have a 90 now with a JDM F22B and the spots where the plugs are SUPPOSED to be look plastered over or something.... Is this the way JDM's are? I know they scrap the Blocks after 50,000 miles so why do this type of maintainance, but i'm curious to know if anybody elses JDM's are like this??? And also WHAT in the world should i do?
          I have a jdm h22 and I have the same thing. I looks like the welded the ports shut. What is this? Why? Can I still clean them, or do I reach them from inside the manifold? Help people.
          members/ride | the/website
          180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

i wonder if u can drill it out and just weld one back in...

better yet get the usdm edition which maybe the same (not sure) and just use their bottom end...and use the JDM top end.
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

I need to clean my egr ports as well, but I don't wanna take the whole IM out. My question is, if dirt from cleaning the egr ports falls through the runners, will they do any harm to the engine?

Comment

eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhh

yeah!!!!!!
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

About the threading the ports...I saw I dont know were possibly here but they threated the holes and put alan set screws in there...

They sat flush and looked great...

Comment

Why does everyone say that the shavings and what not fall into the intake runners? The egr is seperate from the intake runners, so..... someone enlighten me please?
                    Edit: nevermind, I'm a noob.
                    Last edited by F22HB; 07-06-2008, 03:33 AM.

Comment

I drilled the holes but the screws thread keeps f**king up everytime I try to pull the plug out.

What now?

Comment

ok im sorta confused. the link only says the 90 cb guys need to drill, but everyone posting is talking about drilling. i know that not everyone has a 90. so if i have a 91, what am i supposed to do?

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

Comment

how much would a shop charge to do something like this .. i would love to do this but never really done anything as far as motor work before..

spshhh.. i tried taking off the freaking IACV and couldnt even get that off.. freaking screws just started to strip

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

Comment

Good shit, prob gonna try this this weekend. Got the dreaded code 12

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I can do this for people who are super concerned but you'd have to ship me a set of runners so I doubt anyone would want to do it this way. Offer is out there though. I've done this on 4 diff intakes now,lol.
                              Here is blue plugs...

And silver...

And more silver...

lol
                              Last edited by F22HB; 09-10-2009, 09:46 PM.

Comment

gee i dont even remember using a slide hammer to do mine. i think i drilled it and then let it grab and either pulled or something.
                                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                                X