ENG: EGR Port Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 91AccordLX
    well i didnt know if all 6 of them were ports...but i guess they are so im gonna tackle this project on monday..it looks like all i need is a slide hammer and a drill..right?
    yes, sir.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

is it easier to take off the throttle body to clean it more thoroughly, i just dont want to risk getting metal shavings in my engine after drilling those plugs out.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
      "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
      "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

yeah but its not easy to take the TB off....

Comment

how did everyone avoid getting shavings in the hole?

Comment

ahahahahha My local honda dealer wants $25 DOLLARS USD NOT CANADIAN for the plugs. GTFO. I couldnt find them on majestic, can someone please help me? TIA.

Comment

http://www.slhondaparts.com/search.asp?partNo=17199

should say 20 cents a pop
              I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                Thanks alot. Also my dad was wondering, can cleaning it make it worse? For instance, breaking up the carbon and it falling where it shouldnt. I hope you get my drift here.

Comment

Originally posted by bodiez
                  Thanks alot. Also my dad was wondering, can cleaning it make it worse? For instance, breaking up the carbon and it falling where it shouldnt. I hope you get my drift here.
                  i actually wouldnt really know, if they tell you to clean it out with a wire brush and spray with carb/brake cleaner, im assuming it'll fall itno the manifold anyways...
                  I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex EX
                    i cant do mine, they look like the metal on the top is all molten.. im afraid to drill it
                    yea you can. just drill it! i did. after you're done cleaning it out, plug it up with some quick hardening epoxy "quick steel" or some jb weld.

here's a pic of my crappy job.

BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

Originally posted by cokinut
                      yea you can. just drill it! i did. after you're done cleaning it out, plug it up with some quick hardening epoxy "quick steel" or some jb weld.

here's a pic of my crappy job.

Crappy job is right. Get the plugs from the dealer and do it right. What you have it something that will leak down the road.

And for everyone’s information, I'm the one who's hosting this tech article.

EGR Port Cleaning http://home.comcast.net/~em-engineering/T2T013.pdf

Comment

OK, I tired this and I can't get the screws to take to the metal, they either just keep spinning or break the threads off the screw. I've afraid to drill all the way through because of the shavings. any ideas?

Comment

are you drilling a small pilot hole first?

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                            are you drilling a small pilot hole first?
                            Yes, Sorry I forgot to mention that.

Comment

i know this post is old but nodody has really covered the whole issue about spraying carb. cleaner inside those holes to clean them. Where does the crap fall into? Does it get sucked back into the engine?

A Honda SB recommends vacuuming it all back out through the hole. Any suggestions?

Comment

yea it goes into the intake system....but later burned off by the combustion process...

u can vacumn it out but there will be some that falls down anyways...

id try to vacumn some out and then the stuff thats in there, spray cleaner through the throttle body and then revv the shit out of it to get everything out and nice and clear
                                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                                X