Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ENG: Diagnose a Check Engine Light and S/D4 errors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey I need some help. I got a code today it was..

One short/ four long/ three short.

I'm guessing that's code 1 and 43, am I right?

Under Ground Society

"SLUTS NEED LOVE TOO.....AND A LOT OF DICK!"

Comment

I jumped the cel and the light turns on and stays on is that a bad ecu/ecm ? My car is running accelerated and bouncing rpms. I checked all vacuums cleaned iacv still bouncing.

First car.

Comment

Thank you for this very useful information! I was feeling quiet bummed my rides transmission(auto) was acting up for the past week, I changed the oil yesterday and had no luck. Then found this topic checked the "S" code got "7 Solenoid A" and found other topics on this matter and my transmission is better than before(thanks to that oil change as well). I just felt like I had to say thank you.

I try not to make a topic unless I really need too, I was already loosing hope and about to create one after an entire week of searching the forum day and night. But everything truly is on the forum already.

Comment

Originally posted by aero View Post
          TCU Error codes are indicated by the "S" light on 90-91 models, and the "D4" light on 92-93 models. The codes can be read in the same way, with paperclip method, as the ECU codes, by counting the flashes of these lights.
          The error codes are as follows:

0-Transmission control unit (TCU) faulty.
          1-Lock-up solenoid 'A' circuit open or shorted.
          2-Lock-up solenoid 'B' circuit open or shorted.
          3-Throttle Position Sensor circuit open or shorted.
          4-Vehicle Speed Sensor open or shorted - No signal from speedometer.
          5-Shift Lever Position Switch circuit shorted.
          6-Shift Lever Position Switch circuit open.
          7-Shift Solenoid 'A' circuit open or shorted.
          8-Shift Solenoid 'B' circuit open or shorted.
          9-Counter shaft or transmission speed pulse generator open or shorted.
          10-Coolant Temperature Sensor open or shorted.
          11-Engine RPM (Ignition coil signal) open or shorted.
          12-(No code 12 used)
          13-Main shaft speed pulse generator open or shorted.
          14-Linear (line pressure control) solenoid open or shorted.
          15-Kick down switch circuit shorted.
          so with the one highlighted in red, that means the light around the D4 light stays solid correct? the last time I had a transmission problem it flashed, I ended up fixing it with replacing the TCU and eventually also one of the solenoids. this problem is different from my last one though (though both were used parts)
          1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
          1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
          1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
          1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

Originally posted by Honda_Lady View Post
            so with the one highlighted in red, that means the light around the D4 light stays solid correct? the last time I had a transmission problem it flashed, I ended up fixing it with replacing the TCU and eventually also one of the solenoids. this problem is different from my last one though (though both were used parts)
            Yes you are correct. If the d4 light stays on ALL the ttime then the tcu is shot. i mean on while driving regardless of what gear your in.

iif the d4 light is solid when a jumper is connected then IIRC there are no codes stored
            visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by RyanD View Post
              Yes you are correct. If the d4 light stays on ALL the ttime then the tcu is shot. i mean on while driving regardless of what gear your in.

iif the d4 light is solid when a jumper is connected then IIRC there are no codes stored
              ok, thank you very much
              1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
              1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
              1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
              1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

Working...
              X