ENG: Injector Removal/450cc Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ENG: Injector Removal/450cc Install

Ok, I did my injectors and ecu today. It's pretty easy, I'm just going to give a detailed description of how to do it. I followed the haynes manual, but they werent clear on some stuff.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything.

Difficulty: 4/10

Tools:

10mm socket/wrench
    12mm socket/wrench
    Skinny screwdriver(or something)
    17mm socket/wrench
    one other wrench, I can't think of the size though

Step 1:
    Remove gas cap

Step 2*:
    Take off service nut on fuel rail.
    Looking at the fuel rail from the front of the car, go to the end on the right of the rail. There will be a gold nut with a "banjo" beneath it. Put a wrench(the size I don't remember) on the banjo and place a 10mm socket on the nut on top of the "banjo". Unscrew the top nut(10mm) until gas sprays out. Clean up the gas, now carefully wiglle the fuel rail and more gas will blow out.

Step 3:
    Take of fuel pressure regulator
    On the right end of the fuel rail, there is a bronze looking thing attached to it. Remove the vacuum hose that is connected to it, then unbolt(10mm) the regulator from the rail.

Step 4:
    Remove fuel line
    At the left end of the fuel rail, there is a bronze hose that is connecting to the fuel rail, undo it with a wrench(17mm I think) and move off to the side

Step 5:
    Disconnect electrical connections to the injectors
    there is a wire wrapped around the injectors(looking at the injectors, wires from the plastic black rail(not fuel rail) go into the injectors, you want to remove these from the injectors). Pry them off with the skinny screwdriver. I broke all of mine, so don't worry if you do. Also disconnect the wire thing going into the center of the intake manifold

Step 6:
    Remove everything from the fuel rail.
    Undo the nuts(10mm) that hold the black plastic rail to the fuel rail(there should be 2). Next undo the nuts holding the fuel rail to the block(there should be 3).

Step 7:
    Pull out fuel rail
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

The 450cc is an easy install. All that is needed to install them is a rotary tool(for the o rings). I used an air gun tool which worked quite well. The o rings only need to be drilled out enough to fit on the 450cc injectors, otherwise you might get air leaks.
    Last edited by 92ex; 04-02-2005, 01:41 AM.
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Drilled out? I thought all you had to do was remove a clip or something from the injector?

Comment

sorry for the misleading info. Corrected now
        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Ah, thanks for specifying on that. I'm going to be doing them soon so I was freaking out lol.

Comment

im just a dumb noobie asking a dumb noobie questions...

what does this Injector removal/450cc install do?
            The Car

Comment

Originally posted by jus_business932
              im just a dumb noobie asking a dumb noobie questions...

what does this Injector removal/450cc install do?
              Bigger injectors = more fuel to your engine. Usually done if you are using a turbo (lets actually say always )

Comment

Originally posted by bodiez
                Bigger injectors = more fuel to your engine. Usually done if you are using a turbo (lets actually say always )
                and bad gas mileage..

Comment

nice writeup doesnt sound hard, but would bigger injectors be wise for reground cam/mild headwork? or would stock injectors do the job?
                  2007 Subaru WRX Limited - Stage 2

Comment

stock would be fine. I think this is right but SOHC F22A injectors= 240cc and DOHC injectors=290cc. So you could upgrade to those for fun.
                    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

DOHC usdm injectors=290cc jdm dohc injectors=345cc

Originally posted by 92ex
                      stock would be fine. I think this is right but SOHC F22A injectors= 240cc and DOHC injectors=290cc. So you could upgrade to those for fun.

Comment

well if thats right... anyone want to buy my 345cc injectors?
                        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Step 5:
                          Disconnect electrical connections to the injectors
                          there is a wire wrapped around the injectors(looking at the injectors, wires from the plastic black rail(not fuel rail) go into the injectors, you want to remove these from the injectors). Pry them off with the skinny screwdriver. I broke all of mine, so don't worry if you do. Also disconnect the wire thing going into the center of the intake manifold
                          You can pull out the fuel rail with out prying off the connectors on the injectors..i followed the instructions and broke one off it still connects but i dont like how it sits..

so just disconnect the fuel rail.. which should be like 3 screws, 2 on the ends and 1 in the middle.. unscrew the black wire cover attached to the fuel rail which should be like 2 or 3 screws...

pull off the whole fuel rail along with the wire cover..

if your gonna change the injectors.. theres a lil metal clip that looks like a paper clip that holds the injectors tight.. its pretty easy/tricky to take off so be careful..use a small flat head screw driver

LESSON LEARNED.. DO NOT PRY OFF THE FUEL INJECTORS WIRES OFF THE INJECTORS..

Comment

eh, I broke all my clips. They pissed me off. Works fine though. I'll probably get some new oem ones soon, but yeah, try to be careful with those. They weer kinda difficult to break, but still, take caution. Otherwise, How did it go?
                            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

eh, I broke all my clips. They pissed me off. Works fine though. I'll probably get some new oem ones soon, but yeah, try to be careful with those. They weer kinda difficult to break, but still, take caution. Otherwise, How did it go?
                              i tried installin the fuel rail.. took about maybe an hour all together.. but the fuel plug bolt that AEM supplied to cover one of the holes was a piece of shit... it leaked fuel up the ying yang..so i tightend it a lil bit more.. and fuel still kept comming out! now im tryin to losen the bolt.. the bolt is just shut tight in their.. so basiclly i cant get it out.. so i had to put the old fuel rail back in.. which took like 5 min.. if anyone wants it.. im selling my shit for 100 bucks flat..plus shippin if you can get the screw out..

Comment

Working...
                              X