No announcement yet.

ENG:F22a6 intake manifold swap; coolant refresh; seafoam job; oil/filter change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seafoam is a combustible liquid that cleans gum and carbon deposits out of the engine. You feed it into the plenum and it cleans the intake manifold, the cylinders, and I suppose some of the exhaust. You can also put it in the gas tank to clean the fuel delivery system, and you can put it in the oil to clean carbon and such out of that part of the engine. It works well, if you know how to get ahold of some its a good idea to do every couple of oil changes or so. It won't help if its already clean in the engine, so its up to you how often to use it.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

nice nice nice nice write up! i'm gonna do a write up on the h23 intake mani when i get some time. would you mind if i linked them to your webpage for most of the procedures? thanks again man and good job.
      BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

I don't mind, thanks for asking first though.

Comment

wow thats a great writeup!!! get that guy on this site!!! heheh

well i have no more moderator abilities but someone should stickey that in the f22a6 faq...and possibly do what they want with it in that thread...

i got to hand it to him, thats a damn good write up.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

agreed, incredible write up...very informative...my fav parts are is the humor =-D and the fantastic photos, they are extreamly helpful.

Thanks
            2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
            JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
            My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

More updates. I corrected some of what I had wrote previously, since I was confused about the idle problem. I also added that it isn't necessary to buy a new TB because the f22a1 and a6 TB's are the same. Also, I bought and installed an a6 intake manifold bracket. It bolts right up, no problem. And I ditched the vacuum-hose-to-intake-manifold idea in favor of using the old intake air control solenoid from the stock intake as an IAB. A method pitched to me by a cb7 member (name escapes me, he has a white cb9). On a side note, I added pics of how my car looks now, as compared to before (stock). Doesn't this pic look like kmarts *old* sig? (except the rims)

Oh, and another thing. When I went looking for this thread it wasn't listed in diy's. I did a search to find it. I think it's because of that one time a mod had to do a backup. No biggie, but I had thought it was gone for good. I noticed alot of threads have disappeared since that time, but I was surprised to see it show up when I ran a search! Maybe they are just hiding now?

MODS PLEASE READ BELOW
              Oh and one more thing, when I get around to changing this diy so it's not just a link, should I edit my original post or start a new thread? If I just edit the first post the comments will seem kind of strange . But starting a new thread would probably be more confusing.
              Last edited by accordaffair; 03-20-2005, 12:41 AM.

Comment

i cleaned out my egr ports and the new replacement plugs doesnt fucking fit.

so i had to dig in the trash to get my old ones and jb weld the hole.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Did you get those punched sheet metal ones that look like bowls? Like the ones I got from Honda? I didn't use them and I don't think I wanna. But after using some epoxy in the old ones they are working just fine.

Comment

Good write up bro, as i was reading it i saw the part where your talking to the honda parts guy and you were thinking to your self "WTF i thought all hondas used EGR valves since the 80's. kinda true but i had a 91 Civic DX 1.5 MPFI that had no EGR at all, and that was from the factory. i don't know why but a lot of 88-91 Civic's didn't have EGRs. i know Accords have had them for a long time though. But yes it does kill me when a dude is lucky enough to work at Honda and has no idea what the hell he's talking about.
                    CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
                      Did you get those punched sheet metal ones that look like bowls? Like the ones I got from Honda? I didn't use them and I don't think I wanna. But after using some epoxy in the old ones they are working just fine.
                      yep, the sheetmetal ones are teh suck
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                      X