Oil pan install??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil pan install??

Hello all. I am going to be installing a new oil pan. Haynes says after you drop the pan to remove the oil pick up tube. Is this needed and why? Thanks

I removed it and clean it out with brake clean. There is a screen in the pickup that you might as well clean while its apart.

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB
      I removed it and clean it out with brake clean. There is a screen in the pickup that you might as well clean while its apart.
      That would be the only reason to take it out.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I know, but I mean when you drop the pan, that is the time to do it. Well the only time you can. It probly sais that in the book.

Comment

Haynes only says to remove the oil pick up tube, nothing about cleaning it, and then to replace. I'm just wondering if this needs to be done, does it need to be cleaned?
          Thanks for the help.

Comment

Its an option and its not hard. Its like two 10 or 12mm bolts to take off the tube not hard.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i should probably drop my pan and and replace the gasket too since i'm under the car with everything off already.

Comment

There's also a small gasket between the flange of the pickup tube and block, you can reuse it (I did) but be prepared to use some HondaBond or Permatex on it. I would def. clean out the pickup while you're in there

Comment

ive got a question- ive got a 91 EX and wanna replace the pan but the exhaust pipe runs over the pan... so do you have to drop the pipe to remove the pan? Or is there actually enough clearance to remove the pan?

Comment

YOu have to drop the pipe.. Just remove the bolts where it meets the upper manifold. It's flexible so you don't have to remove it all.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Working...
                    X