redline problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

redline problem

my car just started acting up. it won't go past 4500 rpm. if you try to go over 4500 it sounds live the rev limiter comes on. i have a f22b dohc with a p39 ecu. if some one could please help me. i origanally thought the motor had gone in to limp mode. but i don't get a check engine light. i even tried to flash the ecu and there were no codes.

how are your grounds?
    how does it drive?
    try using another ecu and see if that solves it.
    Is there a loss in power?

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

When is the last time you changed your fuel filter?
      Originally posted by sweet91accord
      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

i just finished checking all my grounds and they all appear to be fine. i tried switching the ecu and it was the same.

Comment

the fuel filter was also changed less than a month a go

Comment

also check the dizzy that happned to me once but it ended up being a loose dizzy

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

Originally posted by whitejdmcb7
              also check the dizzy that happned to me once but it ended up being a loose dizzy
              That was the same problem I had. I thought it was the timing belt. The second dealer dianostic told me it was my dizzy. Exact same symptoms.
              The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Sounds like the igniter, atleast mine did about the same thing and that was it. It is in you dizzy.
                -1991 Honda Accord LX H22a-

Comment

That happened to me and it was the crank position sensor which is also in you dizzy.
                  1993 Accord EX
                  2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Well I just replaced the whole thing. That way I can avoid any future problems down the road. Or for who ever buys it for that matter.
                    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

did you ever fix it...

I have the same problem its just at 5500 rpm, I've changed all the ignition parts fuel parts except the EGR and the ecu, I dont know what else to do
                      Mr. $3 Dollahz Himself!

Comment

Originally posted by tonymontana1204
                        That happened to me and it was the crank position sensor which is also in you dizzy.
                        hmmmm crank position sensor? I'm having this stumbling upon startup issue, used to have the High rpm bogging but do you think the CPS would cure it? and does it only go bad if a CEL is on?

member's ride thread
                        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                        91 Accord SE 176k
                        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                        X