X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7 having issues...need help !

Hey Guys,
    Couple months ago i had a thread about how i changed the timing belt, crank
    seals, tube seals, water pump, valve gasket etc etc. Well lately my gas mileage
    has been REALLY low, the light comes on at 315, while before it used to come out to 385 atleast. Right after i had gotten everything, i hit up to atleast 400 miles before i filled it back up. I was at a friends yesterday and had my hood popped up, i check out my plug wires (which are new as well) and the ends had traces of oil, i popped all of them out and took out the number 2 spark plug, and when it came out, the plug was SOAKED in oil ! the latter plugs also were and this was odd because before i had work done on the car only one of the plugs was soaked. there are new tube seals and everything, what could be the problem ? any ideas guys ?
    Members Ride - 1993 Honda Accord EX

your tube seals arnt sealing right. this will kill gas mileage. I had this problem and I gained 100 miles per tank when I fixed it.
    spin city

Comment

either you have a leaking valve guide, a crack in the piston ring, or you have a leaking valve cover gasket where the spark plugs are.
      miss my turbo cb7
      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

i heard there are lower tube seals as well
        i think that probably is the problem, because my top ones are fine
        just the bottom ones i guess are messed up.
        is there any type of temporary fix to this ?
        do you have to take the head off in order to do this
        Members Ride - 1993 Honda Accord EX

Comment

you just pull the valve cover, then pull the rocker assembly off. Those lower seals are on the bottom of the rocker assembly, they seal between the rocker assembly and cylinder head.

Comment

Working...
          X